An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have You Ever Met Or Spotted A Celebrity?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1311393562' post='2274162']
OH, and i have met a really amesome celebrity!!!

[img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247017_10150207861817945_500057944_7158345_3560763_n.jpg[/img]

if you don't know who this is, your life is just plain sad.
[/quote]
amesome. I've never met a pro wrestler before. Big Boss Man still looking young after all these years.

I saw and heard Bono with U2; Bryan Adams (free tickets); Phil Collins.

I met, saw and heard Father Groeschel.

The Nature Boy lives in my town. I see him from time to time. The dude knows how to style and profile.

[img]http://images.wikia.com/prowrestling/images/1/1c/Ric-Flair.jpg[/img]

[img]http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2007/11/ricflair.jpg[/img]

I was at this really upscale sushi place last year with my girlfriend and another couple. We were laughing and carrying on, the sake and Ichiban flowing throughout the evening, when I turned around and saw A.J. Burnett. For those who don't know, A.J. Burnett is a pitcher for the New York Yankees and was a pretty high-profile acquisition 3 seasons ago. I turned back to the table and said "Wow. I think that's A.J. Burnett over by the bar." He's easily spotted, with his Super Sayan-hairstyle and full-sleeve tattoos on his arm (plus, he was the only person in the restaurant in torn jeans, flip-flops and an Ed Hardy t-shirt).

The other couple said "Wow, you're a Yankee fan, you should go get his autograph!" My face twisted in disgust, as Burnett has been a stinker after his first year as a Yankee. I responded--again, fairly intoxicated at this point-- with "Him?!?! I <expletive> HATE A.J. BURNETT!"

At this point, unbeknownst to me, he, and his lovely wife, had begun to walk towards their seat and were located about 18 inches behind me when the aforementioned profanity was uttered. I figured this out when the faces of my girlfriend and the other couple went pale, causing me to turn around and see him standing over me, glaring at me. I meekly smiled and waved as he continued on to his table, which was adjacent to ours.

Needless to say, I was slightly embarrassed...

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1311432068' post='2274294']
I saw and heard Bono with U2; Bryan Adams (free tickets); Phil Collins.

I met, saw and heard Father Groeschel.
[/quote]

I met Fr. Andrew Apostoli when I went to New York to visit the CFR Sisters in January 2010. I've also met Fr. Glenn Sudano, CFR at retreats. ;)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

James woods
Gwen Stephani
George takei
Bill shatner
Leonard nimoy
Brad pitt
Will smith
Andre young
Eric wright
O'shea Jackson

tinytherese

My family and I vacationed in D.C. when I was in fourth grade. When my dad and I were in the elevator once, we saw Mark McGuire. We realized this after he left though. We're not baseball fans, so it wasn't very epic. The mayor of my hometown was right behind me once when I was in elementary school when we went on a field trip.

OnlySunshine

I'm not sure if this counts as spotting a celebrity, but I've been to an *NSync concert as a teenager (1999) and a Celtic Woman concert a few years ago (2007 or 2008, I believe). Both were amesome in their own right, although our seats sucked at the *NSync concert because we were sitting in the nosebleed section behind the stage. It is interesting to note that one of the band members was missing both times! Lisa Kelly was missing from Celtic Woman because she was back in Ireland having her baby and Lance Bass (before he came out) was missing from *NSync because he was in the hospital with a bad case of laryngitis and the flu.

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1311433693' post='2274302']
I was at this really upscale sushi place last year with my girlfriend and another couple. We were laughing and carrying on, the sake and Ichiban flowing throughout the evening, when I turned around and saw A.J. Burnett. For those who don't know, A.J. Burnett is a pitcher for the New York Yankees and was a pretty high-profile acquisition 3 seasons ago. I turned back to the table and said "Wow. I think that's A.J. Burnett over by the bar." He's easily spotted, with his Super Sayan-hairstyle and full-sleeve tattoos on his arm (plus, he was the only person in the restaurant in torn jeans, flip-flops and an Ed Hardy t-shirt).

The other couple said "Wow, you're a Yankee fan, you should go get his autograph!" My face twisted in disgust, as Burnett has been a stinker after his first year as a Yankee. I responded--again, fairly intoxicated at this point-- with "Him?!?! I <expletive> HATE A.J. BURNETT!"

At this point, unbeknownst to me, he, and his lovely wife, had begun to walk towards their seat and were located about 18 inches behind me when the aforementioned profanity was uttered. I figured this out when the faces of my girlfriend and the other couple went pale, causing me to turn around and see him standing over me, glaring at me. I meekly smiled and waved as he continued on to his table, which was adjacent to ours.

Needless to say, I was slightly embarrassed...
[/quote]

That totally sounds like my first encounter with a Catholic priest, though no alcohol was involved in mine. :lol3:

MissScripture

I was on an airplane with Anderson Cooper. I had no idea who he was, and only knew he was there because my mom knew who he was, sort of..."Hey, there's Cooper Anderson...or Anderson Cooper...anyway, that guy from CNN!"