An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have You Ever Met Or Spotted A Celebrity?

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1311472223' post='2274587']
Met Jim Caviezel ;)
[/quote]

:woot:

That's amesome!!!

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1311458252' post='2274490']
George takei
Bill shatner
Leonard nimoy
[/quote]
:clapping:

faithcecelia

I used to go out with a guy who was stage manager at my local theatre and got to meet lots of celebs :dance: but not sure how many are that well known :blush: . That I remember immediately:
I got very drunk with Faye Tozer from Steps :blush:

I had a few drinks with Madge from Neighbours (can't remember her real name)

My all time favourite was having coffee with Edward Woodward (who I have always had a very wrong crush on :love: ) while he was in one of his last plays.

Oh and as a child I met Norman Wisdom when my brother got hurt at the theatre we were going to see him in and he popped in to First Aid to check he was okay.

And lastly, well known in brass band circles both as a performer and arranger, Maurice Bale was my grandad and best friend.

Groo the Wanderer

Met Sean Hannity backstage at a book signing once. Shook hands with Randy White when he ate at my brother's chicken restaurant. Met Roger Staubach at a taco (amazingly good) (amazingly good) Bell franchisee convention. Kissed my bishop's ring at DCYC this year :pope: . Posed with a Radio City Rockette :whistle: . Met dUSt, FranciscanHeart, and ironmonk.

Spotted? yeah Colin Powell :hotstuff: , R2D2, Gidget the taco (amazingly good) (amazingly good) Bell chihuahua, Celtic Woman :woot: , Steve Perry :punk: , Blue Man Group, TSO, Boston, Styx :guitar: , Kenny G :hippie: , Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Flaming Idiots :juggle: , Craig Chaquico :pimp:, Penn & Teller :crazy:

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1311458252' post='2274490']
O'shea Jackson
[/quote]
Were you rolling down Crenshaw?

FutureSister2009

I've got a couple of stories.

Dolly Parton-Dolly was in the old movie 9 to 5 years ago and she recently composed the music for the musical of the same name. I saw a preview of the show before it opened and Dolly was at the performance! I was at the stage door and these photographers came out. They said they were there for Dolly Parton. I thought they were kidding, until Dolly walked out the door! I couldn't believe it! After they took a bunch of photos, she actually walked around signing autographs. And I talked to her briefly about how great the show was! She was so nice!

Miranda Cosgrove-I don't know how many of you have ever watched iCarly or Drake and Josh or seen the movie School of Rock. But Miranda is a part of all three of those things so I suggest watching them! Apparently she's on tour right now. I had read she was performing in Philly on Friday night. Yesterday I was at work (McDonald's) thinking it was just another day. I was cleaning and I saw this girl come in with this man and I was looking at her from a side angle thinking she looked a lot like Miranda Cosgrove but that it couldn't possibly be her! As I continued to nonchalantly stare, I could see she really did look like her! But it just didn't seem like it could've been! Then another girl went up to her and took a picture with her. I asked that girl if it was really her and she said it was! She gave me half of the receipt she was going to have Miranda sign and then I finally had the courage to go up to her and ask for her autograph. She was really cool about it! I told her I've been a fan of her ever since School of Rock. She thanked me and personalized my autograph. Then I willingly got some ice for her for her soda! A few other people talked to her as well. It was basically all we talked about for the rest of the day. And to think, I met a celebrity and I wasn't even in New York or Philly or even Los Angeles! I was just working at a little McDonald's in New Jersey! Definitely the most memorable work day I've ever had!

I've met a few Broadway stars too. I love to go see shows in New York. And the wax figures in Madame Tussauds Wax Museum which technically don't count! :clapping:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='carmenchristi' timestamp='1311503954' post='2274811']
I spotted JPII at L. DaVinci airport in 2000 ;)
[/quote]
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img]

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1311428358' post='2274285']
amesome. I've never met a pro wrestler before. Big Boss Man still looking young after all these years.[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ASEd6-Lo0"]Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor?[/url] He is dead. :(

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nErCWfVtGds"]The Dating Doctor[/url] came to my college.

We talked after his shpeel. I bought his book. He told me I'm a nice guy and he was sure she would like me.
He offered to sign the book and I told him no thanks. Pretty awkward all around..

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1311432677' post='2274297']
The Nature Boy lives in my town. I see him from time to time. The dude knows how to style and profile.

[img]http://images.wikia.com/prowrestling/images/1/1c/Ric-Flair.jpg[/img]

[img]http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2007/11/ricflair.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

He is one of my heroes. On the short list.

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1311513258' post='2274840']
Were you rolling down Crenshaw?
[/quote]
Erik bought his grandma a house in Norwalk, about 2miles from the grocery store where I worked.... they always shopped there

JulianofLdn

A few - mostly just to see, or to stammer out a shy 'Hi!' I used to work in a large central London bookshop and several celebrities came in to browse and to buy books. Others I've seen when I'm walking around London.

Johnny Depp
Sir Derek Jacobi
Sheila Hancock
Sir Ian McKellan
Rowan Atkinson
Michael Palin
Ben Elton
Richard E. Grant
David Tennant
Jeremy Irons
Peter Capaldi
Amy Winehouse
Roger Federer.

There've been others, especially authors. I just can't remember them [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img]

loveletslive

when i was in rome this may i saw archbishop dolan, matt lauer from the today show...and of course Pope Benedict :) I was sitting up on the platform with him during the wednesday audience