An Old School Catholic Message Board

The St. Monica Club

MissyP89

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1313283355' post='2287290']

I never did that for a "nun run". But until I broke the news of my conversion to them, my parents thought I went to the Perpetual Adoration Chapel just for the silence.

[/quote]

Bahahahaha.... yeah... It's easier this way. If/when I enter, I might just disappear. My mother has said she'd wish I disappear.... so yeah.

Tonight is just one of those nights where I really wish I could walk out my door and go to Adoration. I'm so weary. We're going to a Methodist service tomorrow morning for a baptism, and I'm the only one not receiving Communion (never mind that most of us there are Catholics). If it's anything like last time, people will stare at me, and then I'll have to put up with a barrage of questions about why I didn't go up, what makes them so bad, and why I have to be high and mighty.

I am so tired.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1313291161' post='2287386']
Tonight is just one of those nights where I really wish I could walk out my door and go to Adoration. I'm so weary. We're going to a Methodist service tomorrow morning for a baptism, and I'm the only one not receiving Communion (never mind that most of us there are Catholics). If it's anything like last time, people will stare at me, and then I'll have to put up with a barrage of questions about why I didn't go up, what makes them so bad, and why I have to be high and mighty.

I am so tired.
[/quote]

bleh, prayers. Fortunately my non-Catholic family has never put me in that situation.

Please pray for me, I still haven't told my dad much about my college, or that I'm a theology major. I'm not sure really how to talk to him about it.

I am so tired.
[/quote]

I actually had people give me dirty looks and gossip about me in front of my face the last time I was at mom's Methodist church and didn't receive communion. I was blessed that mom understands, or at least says she does.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1313290625' post='2287380']

Bahahahaha.... yeah... It's easier this way. If/when I enter, I might just disappear. My mother has said she'd wish I disappear.... so yeah.
[/quote]

Your mom sounds like my dad, and for that I'm really sorry...maybe, much like my relationship with him, yours and your mom's would improve with distance when you do enter and move away. I agree it's easier, though I had a lot of explaining to do when the time came for RCIA.

On the note of dad...I think I have a glimmer of hope for his eventually at least considering Christianity. He's finally gotten, in his words, "happy pills". Mom's been trying to get him to go for them since his mother died in 1991, telling me he's never been the same since. They seem to be working too, mom got absolutely angry over his boss skipping work and leaving him alone to unload the normal and liquor trucks (for the fifth week in a row, and he's 57), and his response was "Oh well, we should expect it by now". The last four times, without the pills, he was enraged and sent his supervisor complaints that were worded angrily.

So maybe, one day, there's hope there that I had lost without realizing it. Also this club should totally celebrate St. Monica's Feast Day.

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1313293177' post='2287433']

bleh, prayers. Fortunately my non-Catholic family has never put me in that situation.

Please pray for me, I still haven't told my dad much about my college, or that I'm a theology major. I'm not sure really how to talk to him about it.
[/quote]

Dude...prayers! Trust in God, pray, and when the time comes...well, hopefully He'll give you the words to speak. If not, when the time comes, try to rationalize it out for him? That's what I did with dad when I converted. After the initial not-as-bad-as-I-thought-but-still-not-entirely-good reaction, it turned out well enough.

I am so tired.
[/quote]
i will pray for you in a special way at Adoration tonight. :blowkiss:

MissScripture

I am so tired.
[/quote]
:(
We found out my grandparents let the Lutheran foreign exchange student the had living with them a couple years ago go up for communion at Mass. :doh: I don't think they encouraged it, but they didn't ever tell him he shouldn't.

Can you use wanting to go to Adoration as a motivator to drive? I mean, will you be able to do that once you get your license? *insert hopeful look here*

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1313293411' post='2287442']
i will pray for you in a special way at Adoration tonight. :blowkiss:
[/quote]

:flowers:

I was in the mood to let it all out at Mass...and then I ended up sitting right next to someone, and I can't cry with someone that close to me. So I just sat there for an hour.

I don't have a regular confessor anymore. The one I did have doesn't have time for me, apparently. And none of the others really get it. Telling me to "just have faith" helps nothing. If anything, it makes me kinda want to punch them. :|

Maybe I need to go sit in the Bad Catholics thread for a while. :angry:

Well if you did punch them in Confession, they couldn't tell anyone...just saying...

Actually I was at a party and a priest alumni of the Catholic Student Association brought up a colleague's hypothetical about being knifed once and being unable to tell anyone how it had happened. :huh:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1313293958' post='2287453']
Can you use wanting to go to Adoration as a motivator to drive? I mean, will you be able to do that once you get your license? *insert hopeful look here*
[/quote]

I am getting my license for two reasons, and only two reasons:

1) The freedom to worship, and

2) My job options are extremely limited as a reporter without one. Thankfully, my current employer has known me for a couple years, and they were super accommodating. But if I want to advance my career eventually, I need to be able to drive.

Mostly, it's just the former. As soon as I can after I get my license, I'm going to go and sit for like, six hours. :|

Edited by MissyP89

MargaretTeresa

Looking forward to my nun run. I updated the page about it on my blog. I have a copy to give to the woman who is like my other mama - the one who was my RCIA sponsor.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early to go to Rosary. Lifting up all of us here as well as those poor souls at the Indiana State Fair and Brandee and Faith as they get closer to entering.

I just can't wait until it's my turn.

If there's a special intention y'all want me to add, email me. prayerwarriormt@hotmail.com

faithcecelia

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1313294605' post='2287460']
Looking forward to my nun run. I updated the page about it on my blog. I have a copy to give to the woman who is like my other mama - the one who was my RCIA sponsor.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early to go to Rosary. Lifting up all of us here as well as those poor souls at the Indiana State Fair and Brandee and Faith as they get closer to entering.

I just can't wait until it's my turn.

If there's a special intention y'all want me to add, email me. prayerwarriormt@hotmail.com
[/quote]

Aw thank you. Its going to be a while yet for me though.

MargaretTeresa

St Teresa (of the DCs) accidentally called my mom's number, which had been listed as an emergency contact for a retreat I was supposed to go on. Fortunately we managed to cover it up quite well. Or so we hope. I'm anxious and worried and it is not ok.

But I'm excited to see my other mommy, hopefully tonight, and take her the gifts I got her in Nawlins. This includes:

1. a green scapular (to hide in her son's room so maybe he won't go off and do something stupid.)
2. a Our Lady of Prompt Succor prayer card
3. a OLPS medal (small)
4. a Divine Mercy chaplet.

I got her son one of the witness bracelets. For those of you who don't know, these are them:

[img]http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/witnes12.jpg[/img]

Ready to go back, but happy to be home,

MargaretTeresa

Everything seems patched over, praise God. Now I am awaiting to hear back from the FSPs about the short note I sent them about my time in Nawlins. Seeing as this is Jubilee weekend, I don't expect to hear back until tomorrow.