An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Want Your Religious Name To Be?

Little Flower

Clare~Therese

Maria Frances of Christ the King and/or the Nativity and/or the Cross...
Frances, because of St. Frances Cabrini.
:love:

Also...
Mary Alfonso (after St. Alphonsus Liguori)
M. Pio/Pia
M. Rosario
Mary/Maria Joselito (after Bl. Jose...) de Cristo Rey

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thank goodness for Phatmass. I no longer feel ridiculous for having a growing list of religious names as an email thread in my inbox. :hehe:

The order I'm applying to always contains a Marian derivative, but that hasn't stopped me from just putting together a list.

My favorite at the moment, I think, is something like Sr. Mary, Mother of Truth, and I'd want everyone to call me "Sr. Truth." :proud: Dominican motto, FTW.

Beyond that: [background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969)]Clare, Margaret, Diana, Imelda, Hosanna, Fidelis (Fidelity), Immaculata, Thea, Felicity (Felicitas), Veritas, Pia, etc. At the same time, I want it more than anything to reflect an identity, so I'm sure it would change during postulancy. [background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969)] [/background] :nunpray:[/background][/font][/size]

Edited by Safia

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Safia' timestamp='1339469376' post='2443727']
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thank goodness for Phatmass. I no longer feel ridiculous for having a growing list of religious names as an email thread in my inbox. :hehe:

The order I'm applying to always contains a Marian derivative, but that hasn't stopped me from just putting together a list.

My favorite at the moment, I think, is something like Sr. Mary, Mother of Truth, and I'd want everyone to call me "Sr. Truth." :proud: Dominican motto, FTW.

Beyond that: [background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969)]Clare, Margaret, Diana, Imelda, Hosanna, Fidelis (Fidelity), Immaculata, Thea, Felicity (Felicitas), Veritas, Pia, etc. At the same time, I want it more than anything to reflect an identity, so I'm sure it would change during postulancy. [background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969)] [/background] :nunpray:[/background][/font][/size]
[/quote]

:hehe2:

Are you applying to the Servants of the Lord and Virgin of Matara (SSVM)? TeresaBenedicta, a former member here, entered there just recently and I believe she is already a novice. She made us aware of the Marian derivatives that her order takes like [i]Sr. Maria, Mater Boni Remedii[/i] or [i]Sr. Mary Lily of the Valley[/i]. :)

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1339470905' post='2443738']
I don't know what my religious name shall be
[/quote]

You can always brainstorm! :)

Do you have a special devotion? A lot of orders require some variation of 'Mary' in their religious name.

My (blood) sister's name is 'Faith' which doesn't seem to be a common Catholic name. I thought of being 'Sr Faith' but that would get confusing with my sister. Regardless, I love that people on here are thinking of incorporating the virtues of hope, grace, etc into their name!

Edited by emmaberry

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1339470611' post='2443737']Are you applying to the Servants of the Lord and Virgin of Matara (SSVM)? TeresaBenedicta, a former member here, entered there just recently and I believe she is already a novice. She made us aware of the Marian derivatives that her order takes like [i]Sr. Maria, Mater Boni Remedii[/i] or [i]Sr. Mary Lily of the Valley[/i]. :)
[/quote]

No. I do love the Servidoras, though, and they (along with the Sisters of Life and the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal) will always have a special place in my heart. They have a number of convents in NYC, and I've spent a lot of time with them. A good friend of mine entered just last week!

I'm applying to a contemplative community. Until I'm accepted, I'll keep it private. :)

Edited by Safia

Lil'Monster

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1339471171' post='2443741']
You can always brainstorm! :)

Do you have a special devotion? A lot of orders require some variation of 'Mary' in their religious name.

My (blood) sister's name is 'Faith' which doesn't seem to be a common Catholic name. I thought of being 'Sr Faith' but that would get confusing with my sister. Regardless, I love that people on here are thinking of incorporating the virtues of hope, grace, etc into their name!
[/quote]

Yeah......hahah thats funny

Or I could just take the name Sr. Lil' Monster of phatmass

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Safia' timestamp='1339471458' post='2443744']
No. I do love the Servidoras, though, and they (along with the Sisters of Life and the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal) will always have a special place in my heart. They have a number of convents in NYC, and I've spent a lot of time with them. A good friend of mine entered just last week!

I'm applying to the Summit Dominicans. :)
[/quote]

Aw, how wonderful! Congrats! I am a huge fan of the Franciscans of the Renewal and the Sisters of Life. However, I know I am not called to either of them (though I really wish I was called to the CFRs sometimes). I am discerning with an order that has it's roots in Russia and is now based in Europe. It's a missionary congregation. If God permits me to enter there, I will reveal the name of the order to the phorum, but right now I'm keeping it personal. :)

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1339471759' post='2443750']
Or I could just take the name Sr. Lil' Monster of phatmass
[/quote]

oh, I'm sure your community would love that! :P

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1339473601' post='2443763']
I think they would be terrified of me
[/quote]

Them being terrified of you is unavoidable. Choose whatever name you like.

Lil'Monster

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1339476348' post='2443788']
Them being terrified of you is unavoidable. Choose whatever name you like.
[/quote]

Whatever

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1339470905' post='2443738']
I don't know what my religious name shall be
[/quote]

Sister Poultry Marie of the Prize-Winning Chickens.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1339477364' post='2443794']
Sister Poultry Marie of the Prize-Winning Chickens.
[/quote]

This is full of so much win I don't know where to start.