An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Want Your Religious Name To Be?

Little Flower

MarysLittleFlower

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1318513592' post='2320599']

Sister Rose Angeli of the Lord's Passion

[/quote]

This one is beautiful! :)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1320464236' post='2331650']
semper ubi sub ubi

:hehe:
[/quote]
HA!

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1320468020' post='2331693']
Sr.Edith Caecilia of the Eternal High Priest?
[/quote]
I like that a lot!!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Okay, I'm definitely sold on this one:

Sr. Mary-Therese of the Visitation and the Seven Sorrows

Totally sold.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1320458208' post='2331597']
Correction - I prefer Sr Polly Esther of the Holy Habit! :)
[/quote]

Oh I love this!!!

SrMJ told me they used to have a Sr Mary of the Immaculate Conception who was always called Sr Mic as it was such a mouthful!

We have a Sister in our parish named Joseph Cecile. Its a slightly awkward name so everyone calls her Sr. JC. with her ok, of course :hehe2:

Queen'sDaughter

Maybe I could get away with Sister Ida Clare. And if that gets rejected, I could request Sister Otto Casimir.

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1320532197' post='2332020']
Maybe I could get away with Sister Ida Clare. And if that gets rejected, I could request Sister Otto Casimir.
[/quote]

Your name choices are really unique and razzle dazzle :)

I think for me I would just be happy with something simple, easy to prounouce, and girly haha

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='linnie' timestamp='1320515406' post='2331935']
We have a Sister in our parish named Joseph Cecile. Its a slightly awkward name so everyone calls her Sr. JC. with her ok, of course :hehe2:
[/quote]
That is hilarious, wow.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1312685206' post='2282750']
For those of you who have already thought about it :blush: like i have :blush: or maybe none of you other than me has :blush: :paperbag:

So most places have you submit three names. What would you want your three names (or whatever names you're thinking about) to be?

My first two choices right now would be Sr. Therese Marie and Sr. Marie Therese. They're kinda tied. Then Sr. Marie Bernadette or just Sr. Marie. Or maybe Sr. Marie Veritas or something razzle dazzle like that. I want Marie to be in it tho.
[/quote]

Well, if I joined the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal (Which I most likely will), I would most definitely want to be known as Brother Francis. Most Franciscan communities won't let you be named Francis alone, as this breaks the tradition I suppose, so I'm not opposed to them adding something after that. This is the one I want the most. However, I'm not opposed to Brother Dominic (Sorta traitorous, aye?), and Brother Augustine.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1320554235' post='2332164']

Well, if I joined the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal (Which I most likely will), I would most definitely want to be known as Brother Francis. Most Franciscan communities won't let you be named Francis alone, as this breaks the tradition I suppose, so I'm not opposed to them adding something after that. This is the one I want the most. However, I'm not opposed to Brother Dominic (Sorta traitorous, aye?), and Brother Augustine.
[/quote]

They have a Fr. Augustino Torres, so I don't know that the name is available. Brother Dominic is actually very nice. I don't know if you know that St. Francis and St. Dominic were friends! There is even a women's religious order that combines both Franciscan and Dominican charisms -- the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word. ;)

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1320619454' post='2332310']
Sr.Cheesesticks. I love coagulated milk in stick form.
[/quote]

As in coagulated milk straws or mozzarella sticks? Ooooo. Now I want to make coagulated milk straws.