An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missionaries Of Divine Revelation (They Have Green Habits)

Lumiere

I ran into [url="http://www.divinarivelazione.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=32&Itemid=12"]these sisters[/url] on the Internet.

I seem to recall someone inquiring about some sisters they had seen in Rome who had on green habits.

They are in Rome, but their website is in English.

Among other things, they are the tour guides at St. Peter's Basilica.

They are having [url="http://www.divinarivelazione.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=225&Itemid=17"]discernment retreat[/url] October 29- November 1st.

What a cool/important apostolate- to introduce people to the history and beauty of the Church! Thanks Lumiere. You've had some really interesting and helpful posts in VS lately!

Strictlyinkblot

Thanks so much for putting the link up. That sounds like a wonderful retreat. And its the week I'm on annual leave. Hmmm, maybe someone's trying to tell me something.

Now if someone could just find the sisters I saw in Rome who wore light pink and light lavender habits. Its driving me nuts!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='linnie' timestamp='1313082292' post='2285955']
Now if someone could just find the sisters I saw in Rome who wore light pink and light lavender habits. Its driving me nuts!
[/quote]

The only pink habits I know of are worn by the Holy Spirit Adoration sisters www.adorationsisters.org They're the ones that run the 24hr live link to the Blessed Sacrament www.savior.org but they don't wear their pink habit outside of the cloister, they change into a grey one if they have to go out and about.

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1313084894' post='2285981']

The only pink habits I know of are worn by the Holy Spirit Adoration sisters www.adorationsisters.org They're the ones that run the 24hr live link to the Blessed Sacrament www.savior.org but they don't wear their pink habit outside of the cloister, they change into a grey one if they have to go out and about.
[/quote]
nope, its not them. this was a very pale, bright pink

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1313074739' post='2285901']
Thanks so much for putting the link up. That sounds like a wonderful retreat. And its the week I'm on annual leave. Hmmm, maybe someone's trying to tell me something.
[/quote]

You do like the colorful orders, don't you? ;)

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1313092573' post='2286066']

You do like the colorful orders, don't you? ;)
[/quote]

Yup, guilty. It would be ironic if I ended up joining one of the orders I first discerned with, Benedictines or Carmelites :princess:

sistersintigo

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1313079986' post='2285935']
green habits!
[/quote]

And this is why the habit is green. Look at the BVM's mantle: here she is the Virgin of the Divine Revelation.

[img]http://trefontane.altervista.org/img/mad3f.jpg[/img]