An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Have Dinner With Any Four Saints...

LaPetiteSoeur

OnlySunshine

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1313531471' post='2289364']
St. Philip Neri (My confirmation saint)
St. Paul (not sure why, but it seems like it would be cool.)
Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati (Because he's a Manly Man.)
St. John Bosco. (Because he St John Bosco!)
[/quote]

St. Paul is amesome! If I could have chosen more than 4, I would have. I probably would have included St. Joseph, St. Paul, St. John the Beloved, St. Zachariah (St. Elizabeth's husband), St. John the Baptist, St. Peter, St. Faustina, etc. I would have had a fancy banquet for them all. Hopefully, we will all be joined together at Christ's banquet in heaven. :)

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1313515743' post='2289198']
ooooh good question!

Im debating whether or not I want St Thomas Aquinas only in that Im not sure there would be any food left for the rest of us :|

St Teresa of Avila Why? because she is amesome sheesh!
St Francis Xavier Why? I have a few things to chat with him about.

Ill have to think about the rest
edited to add
its hard to narrow down the list of Jesuits and Carmelites Id want there. Id want ds there too though.
[/quote]

Wait! Does Aquinas count as four people??!?!? If so I guess Ill be having dinner with him until Therese shows up as she always does, and they can both kick my butt for picking on them.

So where was I?
Thomas
Teresa de Jesus
Xavier
and the fourth is a hard choice but Im thinking two guys two girls so for fun St Mary Magdalene de Pazzi. Two Spaniards, and two Italians... should be a nice quiet meal :|

I think the meal will end up like this. DS can talk to Aquinas, Im talking to Xavier and the two Carms will be off in ecstasy.

dominicansoul

sorry, but its impossible to just have 4 saints for dinner....

--Blessed Mother, and of course because she's Jewish, she'll invite her familia---St. Joseph (who I woulda invited anyways,) St. Elizabeth, St. John the Baptist, of course God will show up, cos after all she's His mom...

---St. Dominic, who will probably wait to be served last

---St. Gemma Galgani, who will definitely want some Eggplant Parmesan, and will probably quietly excuse herself while she goes into Ecstasy and suffers the crucified wounds on her body

---St. Martin de Porres, cos he'll probably volunteer to do the dishes and sweep the kitchen afterwards (not that I would let him!!!)

(I'll let Vee do the dishes and clean up afterwards)

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1313535159' post='2289408']
[/quote]

<_<

LaPetiteSoeur

I started with having just two, then couldn't decide, but I couldn't have us pick 100 saints...no one could cook for that many people on their own (unless they are professionals!)

So I ended up with four saints. I agree, though, there are a few more saints I'd invite.

Nearly impossible to narrow it down to 4, but;
St. Teresa of Avila - she loved to dance and play the castonets.
St. Don Bosco- His balanced sense of being fully human.
Venerable Cornelia Connely- her focus and stictuitiveness to the path shown her.
Thomas Merton, although not formally canonized, I consider a soul friend and guide.

St. Bernadette of Lourdes: She takes care of me :)

St. Theresa of Avila: Because she's my friend and sends me flowers...and, I swear her and St. Bernadette hang out in heaven, because I ran into her after I ran into St. Bernadette...they're like the Bobbsey Twins of Sainthood! <3

St. Francis of Assisi: He was my patron, and he still is :) I wub him

St. Seraphim of Sarov: He had a pet bear!

dells_of_bittersweet

St. Therese (all time fav saint)
Bl. Mother Teresa (love her. always wished i had met her. if she had lived longer i would have)
St. Philomena (cuz I've always wished we knew more about her)
St. Maria Goretti (love her. it would be so cool to meet her)

If you're wondering why I have no guy saints, ITS CUZ THEY'D SPOIL MY GIRL PARTY!!!!!!!!!!

jk lol

Little Flower

[quote name='dells_of_bittersweet' timestamp='1313539826' post='2289474']
St. Therese (all time fav saint)
Bl. Mother Teresa (love her. always wished i had met her. if she had lived longer i would have)
St. Philomena (cuz I've always wished we knew more about her)
St. Maria Goretti (love her. it would be so cool to meet her)

If you're wondering why I have no guy saints, ITS CUZ THEY'D SPOIL MY GIRL PARTY!!!!!!!!!!

jk lol
[/quote]
oops. :blush: my bro was signed in when i got on and i forgot to sign off :blush: thats my post :blush:

* Pope John Paul II (he will be a Saint, I'm sure)

* Saint Teresa of Avila

* Saint Paul (I've become quite inspired by him in my Bible readings)

* Saint Therese, or Saint Bernadette, or Saint Mary Alocoque, or....?

Edited by JoyfulLife

OnlySunshine

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1313535159' post='2289408']
sorry, but its impossible to just have 4 saints for dinner....

--Blessed Mother, and of course because she's Jewish, she'll invite her familia---St. Joseph (who I woulda invited anyways,) St. Elizabeth, St. John the Baptist, of course God will show up, cos after all she's His mom...

---St. Dominic, who will probably wait to be served last

---St. Gemma Galgani, who will definitely want some Eggplant Parmesan, and will probably quietly excuse herself while she goes into Ecstasy and suffers the crucified wounds on her body

---St. Martin de Porres, cos he'll probably volunteer to do the dishes and sweep the kitchen afterwards (not that I would let him!!!)

[/quote]

You and I have the same taste in saints. I love the Dominican saints so much. If I could just have a feast with St. Dominic, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Rose of Lima, and St. Martin de Porres, it would be very interesting. St. Thomas Aquinas is a little too intimidating. I like him, but I wouldn't give him good conversation. :blush:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1313534852' post='2289407']
I think the meal will end up like this. DS can talk to Aquinas, Im talking to Xavier and the two Carms will be off in ecstasy.
[/quote]

Thomas would be so [i]boring[/i] to have to dinner. I mean, he's brilliant. But he was called the "Dumb Ox" for a reason. So unless you started spouting out heresy, I wonder if anyone could awaken the hound for a good conversation...

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1313544042' post='2289535']

Thomas would be so [i]boring[/i] to have to dinner. I mean, he's brilliant. But he was called the "Dumb Ox" for a reason. So unless you started spouting out heresy, I wonder if anyone could awaken the hound for a good conversation...
[/quote]

:like: