An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Saturday!

Maximilianus

dominicansoul

Today is saturday and its def not a day of rest for me.  I have lots of stuff to do.  work work work, there is no rest for the wicked....

IgnatiusofLoyola

Today is saturday and its def not a day of rest for me.  I have lots of stuff to do.  work work work, there is no rest for the wicked....

Trust me, having to "rest" all the time (meaning years), while you are surrounded by reminders of things that need to get done somehow, but you can't do them, is almost as bad (and in many ways worse--particularly financially) as working hard. In my case it's "enforced rest" for the wicked.....

However, no matter what else doesn't get done, my cat gets fed, watered, and otherwise catered to. She shouldn't suffer because of me. Actually, she thinks it's lovely to have someone around all the time to scratch her neck whenever she is in the mood (pretty much constantly). My cat also allows me to sleep with her. I toss and turn too much for her taste, but she patiently puts up with it most nights. My cat does snore, but I wear ear plugs. We both make compromises for the other. No one has ever told my cat that cats are supposed to be aloof and indifferent, and I'm certainly not going to tell her! 

Its Saturday, its the feast of St Dominic, and I owe him a lot of thanks for my day turning out a lot better than how it had started.  Ok there is still a lot of day left and the potential for it to go downhill BUT Im optimistic that it will be much better than the feast of our Lady of Mt CArmel.  Wow that day was absolutely terrible for me  

exactly, and you see how his mouth never stops moving, very accurate.  In other news the rest of my day went well so thank you st dominic.