An Old School Catholic Message Board

"the Mighty Macs" Movie - Out Oct 2011 - Good Or Bad?

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

Anyone know anything about this new upcoming movie "The Might Macs" that is based on a true story? Good or bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VXhJCetwc

Sister Marie

I have NOT seen the movie yet, but I am an Immaculata IHM. The sisters who have seen it tell me that it is wonderful and I was a student at Immaculata (before I was a sister) while they were filming which was very exciting. The sisters are still very present on campus which is directly across the street from our Motherhouse. It is certainly exciting to see our campus in a movie!

Sister Andrew

One of my Sisters saw the movie (we're not IHM's but she was visiting some IHM's and they had an extra ticket to a pre screening!) and she said it was GREAT! We're looking forward to watching it when it comes out. :)

Sister Marie

Sister Andrew, I know I've said this before but, we miss your sisters in Philadelphia so much! It has been so nice to have such a good relationship between our communities. It makes me happy to hear that your sister was able to go to the screening with some of my sisters! I hope our paths cross sometime, I love reading what you write! I'm glad your sister liked the movie too! God bless, know I'm remembering you in prayer!

LaPetiteSoeur

I have wanted to see this movie since it was supposed to come out a year or two ago! And now it's coming! I may drag my methodist friend along, as I need a friend to see this with!

carmenchristi

I didn't realize that the movie wasn't out yet... I saw it on the internet ;) It was cute... kind of cliché, and quite predictable but cute and enjoyable, especially for those of you who love nun movies.

FutureSister2009

When was the last time a movie was released like this? It looks great! I want to see it when it comes out! Whens the actual release date?

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='Sister Marie' timestamp='1314485392' post='2296017']
I have NOT seen the movie yet, but I am an Immaculata IHM. The sisters who have seen it tell me that it is wonderful and I was a student at Immaculata (before I was a sister) while they were filming which was very exciting. The sisters are still very present on campus which is directly across the street from our Motherhouse. It is certainly exciting to see our campus in a movie!
[/quote]

That's good, I was afraid it was another Hollywood movie bent on catholic bashing and/or making sisters look foolish, etc like those "Sister Act" movies and others. Also if they altered or exaggerated the story - but I suppose that is done no matter what!

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1314656829' post='2297100']
Nowhere near my hometown OR my college. Can anything go right? :cry:
[/quote]

3 hour drive to Birmingham for me. :(

LaPetiteSoeur

If only there was a train. Wait! It was deemed too expensive to construct rail lines in my new state. Maybe I can get a Catholic friend to go with me....