An Old School Catholic Message Board

Statue That Is Glowing!

electricdisk

electricdisk

Anyone close enough to go get a first hand perspective??

With many carrying still and video cameras and peering through binoculars, the crowd swelled to several hundred people of all ages as daylight waned Thursday, and the obvious glow of the statue's eyes and heart intensified.

Even with some notable light sources, the reason for the glow was unclear

http://www.vindy.com/local_news/334749433092613.shtml

Brother Adam

I'll tell ya' what. That's just freaky, if it isn't a fake. Certainly would not serve to draw me any closer to your faith, but I wonder if Lucifer doesn't play a part in this.

I'll tell ya' what. That's just freaky, if it isn't a fake. Certainly would not serve to draw me any closer to your faith, but I wonder if Lucifer doesn't play a part in this.

That's an interesting way to look at it...

yeah, what Bro said.

it's funny how the topic of tongues illicits so much controversy, but everyone seems to live with these types of events.

by the way, what is a 'vicar general'?

that's the title that the Monsignor of the parish held.

Have you forgotten your bible so quickly?

Satan would do nothing to strengthen the faith of Catholics.

St. Mark 3:23

Summoning them, he began to speak to them in parables, "How can Satan drive out Satan?

St. Matt 12:26

And if Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand?

St. Luke 11:18

And if Satan is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that it is by Beelzebul that I drive out demons.

God Bless,

ironmonk

Is there a reason you're making slanderous comments like this today, Adam? I saw another one over in the thread about Protestants attracting more people than Catholics, but I overlooked it. I'm not overlooking this. Our Lord glowed at the Transfiguration... did Satan play a part in that?

yeah, what Bro said.

it's funny how the topic of tongues illicits so much controversy, but everyone seems to live with these types of events.

by the way, what is a 'vicar general'?

that's the title that the Monsignor of the parish held.

"Vicar" means like vice president.... someone who is in authority while the head guy is away.

Have you ever heard of Fatima? 70,000 witnesses and the three children that really talked to Mary...

Have you ever heard of Padre Pio? A real stigmatic.

God Bless,

ironmonk

littleflower+JMJ

one also cannot forget the incorruptable saints! unlike this particular situation, the incorruptable saints have been proven real, revealed to all to see and believe...

In regards to this particular statue, I'm rather skeptical. I find that approaching stuff like this with a healthy dose of skepticism is, for lack of a better term, healthy. There might be a perfectly reasonable scientific explaination for why the statue is glowing. I'll wait until the investiagations are done until I give a final judgment.

Just because good fruits seem to come from apparitions does NOT automatically mean the apparitions are from God. This is discussed at the site for Unity Publishing:

What does Satan gain by making people holier? Don't the fruits of an apparition prove it's from God?

A perpetual argument employed by souls snarred by false apparitions, mystics or cults, goes something like, "It cannot be false because of the fruits. People are praying more and sinning less, and even giving up drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. There are many miracles and everything feels so good and holy, what would Satan gain by making people pray more, sin less?"

Christ's words to Marie Julie Jahenny reveal the primary reason for false apparitions, often described as "salt from Heaven" [true] and "sugar from Hell" [false]. Whenever Heaven delivers a true message to the world, e.g. Lourdes, Satan attempts to drown God's salt in the sugar of demonic apparitions. In Lourdes there were over 50 purported apparitions of the Virgin Mary to children other than Saint Bernadette. All of these vistiations proved to be Satanic, though in every case these children actually saw a form they thought to be GOD's Mother. Though demonically inspired their ecstasy was not interrupted when pins were stuck in them, light was passed over their eyes, etc. Had Satan's scheme succeeded, all these apparitions - including Saint Bernadette's - would have been condemned by the Church. Perhaps, we might never have intimately met the "Immaculate Conception". Thank God, the Church, guided by the Holy Spirit, did not mix sugar and salt, nor expel the good with the bad.

Without a doubt, every demonic apparition is intrinsically evil and harmful. And yet, while God permits them as tests of discernment, faith and obedience, they may also provide evidence of the invisible world's reality to unbelievers. Their danger emerges when the mystically untrained and undiscerning - most all of mankind - embrace such lies over the Spirit-guided counsel of the Church (1 Timothy 3:15). Often the deceived become stronger in the faith, when they recognize how easily fallen angels can fool men, and learn to follow our Shepherd on earth safely home to the Father. Mysteriously, falling prey to the guiles of a false apparition, many souls have been given the grace of awakening, i.e. realizing that no one can disobey the Church and serve GOD, man lacks the wit to overpower and outsmart Satan's hordes on his own, and no apparition true or false can provide a soul more Grace and Wisdom than the Precious Blood of Christ received in the Most Holy Eucharist. Anchored in Christ's Blood no one will wander into curious realms of deceit. Content with "He Who can neither deceive nor be deceived" we shall truly become one. There is no greater truth than the Blood of Christ. God-loving souls need nothing but GOD.

GOD's revelations strengthen humility, obedience, patience and conformity to His Holy Will. The Devil's revelations beget pride, presumption and disobedience to GOD's Church on earth. A sure sign of a demonically-inspired seer is their seeking self-profit, glory and power over GOD's.

Piety, prayer and good works are not lone criteria for authenticating heavenly revelations. Satan will tolerate good to ultimately sew evil. A sign of true love for GOD is bearing long-lasting fruits and living orthodox, obedient lives respectful to all, especially those in authority.

From The Imitation of Christ (Book 3, Pg 160):

"You so easily follow the suggestions of your enemy, the devil, who does not care whether his deceits are true or false..."

Today, when someone announces the Virgin Mary is appearing standing on a rock, many uncautious souls imprudently run to venerate the rock. While their piety, prayer, virtue, etc. may seem to evidence fruits, these - in and of themselves - do not prove the vision of divine origin. In fact, till the Holy Catholic Church proves otherwise, vision-chasers may actually - and more often than not - be bowing down to a demon. What is the effect of unwitting prayers to Satan? Just look at the holocaust that followed the condemned apparitions in Medjugorje. "WAR is a punishment for sin." - Our Lady of Fatima, 1917.

Edited by davejc29201

Carson Weber

Just remember y'all that we are surrounded by angels and demons at particular points in time, and both have the ability to manifest themselves preternaturally. With phenomena like this, the best thing to say is, "Hey, it could have a natural cause, but then again, it could be supernatural (i.e., of God), but it also could have a preternatural source in Satan." Any sort of preliminary judgment really isn't prudent; prudence, in this sort of a situation, embraces the virtue of patience.