An Old School Catholic Message Board

Surprise Visit

MissScripture

Greetings, VS-ers!
In an unexpected turn of events, I was able to go visit my sister at the Nashville Dominicans, this weekend. (I hadn't been sure until just last week that I was going, but my parents were, so I was able to hitch a ride along and go as a surprise!)

My sister, Sr. Anne Therese, was very excited to see me, as she hadn't expected to get to see me until her First Vows, next summer, after my baby was born. She squealed/screamed as soon as she saw me. :hehe2:

She is doing well as a novice, and looks radiant in her habit. As one of her fellow novices, Sr. Hannah said of her, she looks like she came from the womb in the habit. It just suits her so well! She said life is good, but she doesn't have a lot to talk about, as this year it is fairly mellow, with most of her time spent at the Motherhouse.

I was ALSO lucky enough to meet our former VS-er, turned postulant with the Nashville Dominicans, Catherine Therese. She wanted me to tell you all that she is doing well. She is loving being at the convent, and she is keeping you all in her prayers. :) She also has a wonderful Australian accent, that I enjoyed hearing, though I only got to talk to her for a few minutes, as she was supposed to be studying. It was nice to meet her, though, since we had both been at the Motherhouse last January, and sat only pews apart at Mass, but didn't know who the other person was back then. :hehe: She had been there for a retreat and I was there following a visit day with my sister.

Well, I'm on a really slow computer, so I'm going to wrap it up for now, but I just wanted to pass along that message.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1315795845' post='2303556']
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

I'm not jealous. :|
[/quote]

yes you are :P

why am i posting here? in VS? I am not gonna be a nun...im gonna be hitched with loads of kids :|

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315796106' post='2303560']

why am i posting here? in VS? I am not gonna be a nun...im gonna be hitched with loads of kids :|
[/quote]

Well, one of those kids might have a vocation someday, so you'll have lots of experience to draw from in helping them with that :)

[quote]why am i posting here? in VS? I am not gonna be a nun...im gonna be hitched with loads of kids :| [/quote]

The best laid plans.......
I love how He uses folk who are so clear, so determined....till He gets His way!!!!
Seriously, whatever His Will for you, you will be irrepressible!

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1315816982' post='2303724']

The best laid plans.......
I love how He uses folk who are so clear, so determined....till He gets His way!!!!
Seriously, whatever His Will for you, you will be irrepressible!
[/quote]

Haha! I told her that she shouldn't be so hasty to say for sure! God will find a way -- I know He did for me! I was so sure that I was going to get married and have 6 kids, but in religious life, it is so much better because you get betrothed to Jesus, Our Beloved and have the whole world as your children! :)

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1315795845' post='2303556']
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

I'm not jealous. :|
[/quote]

my sentiments exactly.

:w00t: :woot: :w00t: :woot:

pics or it didnt happen!! :P

I remember the pic of you and your postulant sister with St Dominic in the background looking like he is gong to grab her by the collar. Now that she is in a habit does he have her in a headlock? :P