An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why me Parents Are Great

LaPetiteSoeur

And why I love them.

I just got a package from me mommy! In it, she put this card: "The days are full of thoughts and good wishes for you matey matey. me prayers are for your good health, success, and happiness. Be open [b]to all[/b] God's glory and plans for you matey matey. It just might surpurise you matey matey. I love you matey matey. --Mommy.

Ahh!!!! And she sent me a book: "In Good Company" by James Martin, SJ!

I just had to share!
Edited to add:

me mother does know how to use English properly. Actually, she's a kind of editor, darn fiddler!

Edited by LaPetiteSoeur

I guess I'm kind of like a "foster" mother as I pray for all of you matey in discernment every day. you matey be courageous, faith-filled, and willin' to say "aye" to God in a world where others find it easier to ignore or blaspheme our dear Lord and precious Roman Catholic faith.

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1316471028' post='2307220']
I guess I'm kind of like a "foster" mother as I pray for all of you matey matey in discernment every day. you matey matey be courageous, faith-filled, and willin' to say "aye" to God in a world where others find it easier to ignore or blaspheme our dear Lord and precious Roman Catholic faith.
[/quote]

I'm sure all of us (includin' me) appreciate your prayerful support. :)

Thank you matey for all your prayers!!

And I forgot. I also got sent STAMPS!!!! Tons of them! I'll be set for at least the next month. :nun:

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1316471926' post='2307236']
So what's with the Piratese today? Did I miss somethin', or am I just s l o w on the uptake?
[/quote]

International Speak like a pirate day. And it's over in 6.5 hours, thankfully!

Maybe you should just lay it all out in one frightening, scary big conversation. I don't know if that would help your situation, but that's what I would do. But then again, I'm a little rebellious at heart!

I love my mom a lot! She is really sweet and she home-schools me my brother and sister! She is really a saint! :)

She doesn't have any clue thought that I know what God wants me to do with my life.. at such a young age! I know thought that God doesn't want me to say anything to my parents yet! Instead He wants me to talk to some Sister... who moved away! Lucky me! ;)

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1316538795' post='2307631']
Maybe you should just lay it all out in one frightening, scary big conversation. I don't know if that would help your situation, but that's what I would do. But then again, I'm a little rebellious at heart!
[/quote]

You're like me. I've always been the rebel of the two daughters. :hehe:

i<3franciscans

My lovely mother, whom I adore, wouldn't understand my full story.... so she just knows that I have a vocation and she is happy. But sometimes I do want to..... :getaclue: So that she would understand better.

Edited by i<3franciscans

Oh, don't bang her on the head! I'm a mother 3 times over and a grandma 4 times. I can't actually say, looking back, at what I would have said and felt if one of my daughters wanted to be a nun. I would hope I would have been understanding and accepting - actually, I think it's a tremendous blessing to have a child in religious life. I can empathize with you, though, as my mother gave me a hard time when I "dropped the bomb" on her. My dad was absolutely fine with it, even a bit excited and definitely proud. But my mom....arggggh
It was "try going to college first", then "try working at your chosen profession (doctor), then..... I met another resident, fell head over heels, and the rest, as they say, is history. But after all this time, and all this happiness, I still have an ache in my soul for what might have been. Don't be discouraged. You'll never know the feelings a mother has until you've been there :)))