An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why me Parents Are Great

LaPetiteSoeur

i<3franciscans

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1316630875' post='2308176']
Oh, don't bang her on the head! I'm a mother 3 times over and a grandma 4 times. I can't actually say, looking back, at what I would have said and felt if one of my daughters wanted to be a nun. I would hope I would have been understanding and accepting - actually, I think it's a tremendous blessing to have a child in religious life. I can empathize with you, though, as my mother gave me a hard time when I "dropped the bomb" on her. My dad was absolutely fine with it, even a bit excited and definitely proud. But my mom....arggggh
It was "try going to college first", then "try working at your chosen profession (doctor), then..... I met another resident, fell head over heels, and the rest, as they say, is history. But after all this time, and all this happiness, I still have an ache in my soul for what might have been. Don't be discouraged. You'll never know the feelings a mother has until you've been there :)))
[/quote]
Thanks FC, it means more than you know to have so many encouraging people to support me. Any prayers are very much appreciated!

Peace!
i<3F

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316627995' post='2308149']
My lovely mother, whom I adore, wouldn't understand my full story.... so she just knows that I have a vocation and she is happy. But sometimes I do want to..... :getaclue: So that she would understand better.
[/quote]

Yay! You told her? :)

Edited by i<3LSOP

I'm praying for all of you discerners out there (and even those of you who don't think you are, but by your posts it's obvious discernment is lurking around in the hidden recesses of your brain) :)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1316810699' post='2309008']

Yay! You told her? :)
[/quote]
Yes, well kinda. Just the vocation part of it. Not all of it.

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316889959' post='2309304']
Yes, well kinda. Just the vocation part of it. Not all of it.
[/quote]

:woot: Wow!!!! I'm feeling a bit of "spiritual jealousy" :P LOL!!! Just joking! I'm soooo happy for you!!! YAY!!!!!!

Edited by i<3LSOP