An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Ask Lc About Her Time In England Thread

HopefulBride

OK So LC said to bring on the questions, I figure we could have a thread where we could ask her questions about life with the UK OPs.

First off LC - Welcome Back (even if for a short while) :woot: :w00t:

1) How long are you here for?

2) I saw pics of you and a couple of other sisters at WYD. Sooooooooooo Jealous... How was it???

3) Have you sewn your habit yet or do you guys have a sister seamstress that has already taken care of it?

4) Have you had a chance to work in community's apostolates as a postulant? When does sister Benedicta say first vows? being a longtime stalker of your community I remember when they posted the news about her entrance to novitiate and that was about two years ago..

OK that's all my questions.

[size=1]For now[/size]

Edited by HopefulBride

Hi LC:
I'm a relative PM newbie- I think I joined a couple of months after you left, so your posts would pop up here and there. So, thanks for all your inspiration from afar, even when you didn't know you were giving it.

Questions:
What didn't you expect? What's been amesome? What's been challenging?
Is singing the Salve every night as fantastic as it sounds?

:w00t: :woot: :yahoo: [size=6]LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC[/size] hi! :wave:

questions huh? hmmmmm... :think:

Are you tired of milk in glass bottles yet? Tired of cloud gazing and/or picture taking? Not that a postulant has time for either activity but I thought maybe they let you look up from scrubbing the floor once in a while. :P How are the oodles and oodles of bookseseses? :bible: What was your first beer back in the US? :havebeer: Sorry all I sent you was one letter in the past year. Maybe this year I'll send two!! :smile2:

I love you! Bleck mushy yeah I know lol!

laetitia crucis
:popcorn2:

Oooooooo!

The questions have already starting rolling in! :shock: Here will be my little attempt to pop in from time to time today to answer in quick spurts of "free" time. :smokey:

So, here we go!

HopefulBride's questions since she posted first: :winner:

[b]1) How long are you here for?[/b] -- Only for about a week. I return to England on the 26th (and arrive on the 27th). My visit is basically split between two geographic locations since I have two groups of people I need to see (group 1: family; group 2: friends). :nun2: Alas, if only I could bi-locate... or teleport. That'd be amesome. Werd. :nerd:

[b]2) I saw pics of you and a couple of other sisters at WYD. Sooooooooooo Jealous... How was it??? [/b] -- amesome :punk: ESTA ES LA JUVENTUD DEL PAPA!!! :clap3: I could probably write incredibly too much about WYD, but as time is limited there were some brief "pilgrim interviews" that were recorded during WYD by Sr. Hyacinthe (my postulant mistress) for the website [url="http://www.totus2us.com/"]Totus2Us[/url] -- here's the [url="http://www.totus2us.com/podcasts/world-youth-days/"]page on WYD experiences[/url]. :like2:

[b]3) Have you sewn your habit yet or do you guys have a sister seamstress that has already taken care of it?[/b] -- We have a Sister seamstress that sews our habits for us, although we order our postulant habits from an outside source (J&M Sewing Service, Ltd. -- "by Appointment of HRM the Queen" OooOOoo.... :lol2: ) Actually, my habit is being sewn [i]this week[/i]!! If you don't mind, send a little heavenly shout out for Sr. Julie -- God bless her!

[b]4) Have you had a chance to work in community's apostolates as a postulant?[/b] -- Yes!! :clap: It's been fantastic!!! Often I would accompany Sisters when they would travel to give talks or run the (fabulous) [url="http://www.anchoryourfaith.com/"]Anchor[/url] program(me) or anything else of the like. I've also been able to assist when our [url="http://www.ftfcm.com"]Fanning the Flame mission[/url] during our summer camps and after-school groups. It's fantabulous!

[b]5) When does sister Benedicta say first vows? being a longtime stalker of your community I remember when they posted the news about her entrance to novitiate and that was about two years ago[/b].. -- Sr. Mary Benedicta, (O.P.!!) has [i]just [/i]Professed her First Vows this past Saturday!!! :w00t: It was a glorious Mass! Just beautiful and profoundly powerful... ah, I love that Sister! She's a saint. No doubt. :saint:

P.S. -- Thank you for the welcome back!! :like3:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1316611784' post='2308058']
D you ever get a community jolly to the Isle of Wight??? :hehe2:
[/quote]

Nope -- alas, it's too expensive. :sad: Aaalthough, we can see it from the shore in Lymington! Hehehehe! It sure looks loverly!

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1316622795' post='2308110']
:popcorn2:

Oooooooo!

The questions have already starting rolling in! :shock: Here will be my little attempt to pop in from time to time today to answer in quick spurts of "free" time. :smokey:

So, here we go!

HopefulBride's questions since she posted first: :winner:

[b]1) How long are you here for?[/b] -- Only for about a week. I return to England on the 26th (and arrive on the 27th). My visit is basically split between two geographic locations since I have two groups of people I need to see (group 1: family; group 2: friends). :nun2: Alas, if only I could bi-locate... or teleport. That'd be amesome. Werd. :nerd:

[b]2) I saw pics of you and a couple of other sisters at WYD. Sooooooooooo Jealous... How was it??? [/b] -- amesome :punk: ESTA ES LA JUVENTUD DEL PAPA!!! :clap3: I could probably write incredibly too much about WYD, but as time is limited there were some brief "pilgrim interviews" that were recorded during WYD by Sr. Hyacinthe (my postulant mistress) for the website [url="http://www.totus2us.com/"]Totus2Us[/url] -- here's the [url="http://www.totus2us.com/podcasts/world-youth-days/"]page on WYD experiences[/url]. :like2:

[b]3) Have you sewn your habit yet or do you guys have a sister seamstress that has already taken care of it?[/b] -- We have a Sister seamstress that sews our habits for us, although we order our postulant habits from an outside source (J&M Sewing Service, Ltd. -- "by Appointment of HRM the Queen" OooOOoo.... :lol2: ) Actually, my habit is being sewn [i]this week[/i]!! If you don't mind, send a little heavenly shout out for Sr. Julie -- God bless her!

[b]4) Have you had a chance to work in community's apostolates as a postulant?[/b] -- Yes!! :clap: It's been fantastic!!! Often I would accompany Sisters when they would travel to give talks or run the (fabulous) [url="http://www.anchoryourfaith.com/"]Anchor[/url] program(me) or anything else of the like. I've also been able to assist when our [url="http://www.ftfcm.com"]Fanning the Flame mission[/url] during our summer camps and after-school groups. It's fantabulous!

[b]5) When does sister Benedicta say first vows? being a longtime stalker of your community I remember when they posted the news about her entrance to novitiate and that was about two years ago[/b].. -- Sr. Mary Benedicta, (O.P.!!) has [i]just [/i]Professed her First Vows this past Saturday!!! :w00t: It was a glorious Mass! Just beautiful and profoundly powerful... ah, I love that Sister! She's a saint. No doubt. :saint:

P.S. -- Thank you for the welcome back!! :like3:
[/quote]

Thanks for answering so quickly. This is awe-some. We gotta have a VS chat session once you've figured out the bi-location thing. :)

LC,

Sorry I never went to visit you. I had an alien visitor from outta space this summer. Well, actually, from Canada. :ninja:

Perhaps sometime in the future, we could crash your convent and see you in the precious habit of St. Dominic!!! I mean, that is, from afar, as I know how it is in the novitiate... :whistle:

I'm soooo happy for you!! :yahoo:

LC. I stalk your Community's website :ninja: and during such stalking saw you playing Wii against another Sister. Which saint(s) would you like to play Wii with? Anything to add for the best/worst in convent food? :cake: :burger:

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1316627060' post='2308138']
LC,

Sorry I never went to visit you. I had an alien visitor from outta space this summer. Well, actually, from Canada. :ninja:
[/quote]

:alien:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1316622962' post='2308113']

Nope -- alas, it's too expensive. :sad: Aaalthough, we can see it from the shore in Lymington! Hehehehe! It sure looks loverly!
[/quote]

Thats a shame. I live on the island at present (not fully by choice, just where my work is) and the crossing from Lymington to Yarmouth is breathtakingly beautiful! I am hoping to have a little retreat with you there (specifically with an order I have never discerned with) so maybe I should make a specific donation for you to have a daytrip! :hehe2:

Hello!!! So good to see you here :) I said hi to the US for you, so hopefully it was all ready for your return. I'm headed to KY, but not until the 28th, alas.

The most recent update thread we've had on you was[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/115134-news-on-sadora-laetitia-crucis"] this one[/url], so feel free to share any news :)