An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Sisters Of Mercy In Alma, Mi

OnlySunshine

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to speak to Mother as I was told she is in meetings all this week. I don't know when I'll have the chance to speak to her. I'm wondering if I am not supposed to talk to her until after Christmas (God's will). Please pray for me to have the patience I need in order to endure this waiting time. :blush:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

brandelynmarie

Patience chica...it is so not easy! Pray for trust in the process & know it is not "if" you hear from Mother but "when". :)

Prayers for you. I am struggling to be patient too as I wait to hear back from an initial enquiry. So I can kind of understand a bit of how you feel.

Edited by Lil'Nun

Mater, it's very possible that I may enter with you in 2012!

I've been discussing with my SD and they can see I HAVE matured considerably. I asked if I would be ready to enter anywhere, and they said they think so and that being around mature people (the Sisters) will help mature me even more.

What's most pressing is that the health of the people running the ministry I'm involved with is going downhill fast and may end anytime, or later. My living situation is tied into this. I can't support myself on my own, and I can't move back home as it was very unhealthy there and immoral. So, I'm just thinking that when this ends, I'll be looking to enter somewhere.

Now with my health getting solved with diagnosis and meds, things are really looking up! And I do feel more mature. Much of my worry was about separating from friends and loved ones, but I'll just have to learn as I go along.

I'm waiting to hear back about my email to the VD of RSM. I mentioned about the order to my SD and they think I should do what I believe God wants me to do.

I'm thinking about looking into their retreats in 2012 and visiting twice, plus having psych exam about religious life. (If my relatives can help pay.)

Wow!

It just may be the RSM!

I do love the Order and feel positive about them.

Edited by JoyfulLife

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1322603673' post='2342270']
Mater, it's very possible that I may enter with you in 2012!

I've been discussing with my SD and they can see I HAVE matured considerably. I asked if I would be ready to enter anywhere, and they said they think so and that being around mature people (the Sisters) will help mature me even more.

What's most pressing is that the health of the people running the ministry I'm involved with is going downhill fast and may end anytime, or later. My living situation is tied into this. I can't support myself on my own, and I can't move back home as it was very unhealthy there and immoral. So, I'm just thinking that when this ends, I'll be looking to enter somewhere.

Now with my health getting solved with diagnosis and meds, things are really looking up! And I do feel more mature. Much of my worry was about separating from friends and loved ones, but I'll just have to learn as I go along.

I'm waiting to hear back about my email to the VD of RSM. I mentioned about the order to my SD and they think I should do what I believe God wants me to do.

I'm thinking about looking into their retreats in 2012 and visiting twice, plus having psych exam about religious life. (If my relatives can help pay.)

Wow!

It just may be the RSM!

I do love the Order and feel positive about them.
[/quote]

I am THRILLED that things are looking up for you!! This is the best news I've heard from you since your diagnosis! Praised be Jesus Christ!!! :yahoo:

I'll keep you in my prayers!!! :)

[quote name='Lil'Nun' timestamp='1322604475' post='2342271']
I dropped them an email today. Just to initially ask their stance on older vocations.
[/quote]

They are very forgiving, from what I have heard. If it is meant to be, God will always find a way! Prayers! :pray:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1322608291' post='2342283']

I am THRILLED that things are looking up for you!! This is the best news I've heard from you since your diagnosis! Praised be Jesus Christ!!! :yahoo:

I'll keep you in my prayers!!! :)

[/quote]

:woot::yahoo::w00t:

I'm going to request to the moderators that this thread be closed. This book of discernment has been closed as I am unable to continue discernment due to the community not agreeing with the decision for my entrance in August. They don't believe that I have a vocation to their community, which is a very necessary part of the process.

Please do not ask me any questions as I am too emotional at this time. I will be taking a step back from discernment as I reassess what God is calling me to. :sad:

MarysLittleFlower

praying for you!! may God comfort you in this.. I'm sure He has a plan for you and in time it would be more clear :) *hug*

Thanks for your prayers! Please add my intention for a job and to finish my degree. My final is next week for Elementary Statistics, which is the last class before I graduate with my 2-year degree. I am going to put all my energy into my education right now. I am really trying not to get too upset, either. I know that I told God that I would trust what He had to say, and this is what He is telling me, so I need to stay true to my promise. I'm glad that I have a community of CRHP sisters with whom I can confide and I plan to go to Mass and Confession tomorrow. Thanks be to God for the Sacraments. I need them so much right now.