An Old School Catholic Message Board

If I Am Called...

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

If I am called to be a Priest, how can i tell me parents who are anti-Priesthood. (they are not Catholic) My mom has told me before that she DOES NOT want me to be a Priest. Can I get some advice?

Pax et Agape per MAria, Andy

JMJ
4/29 - St. Catherine of Siena

Don't worry, you'll find a way; St. John Vianney's father was harshly opposed to his vocation, but St. Jack got in somehow. :P

St. Thomas' family tried to lure him away with a prostitute; he fanned her off with a branding iron.

St. Charles Borromeo's family wanted him to be a lawyer.

Fulton Sheen says his father never gave him any encouragement to seek the priesthood; however, he did say that his mother used to tell him that his father always bragged about how "Fulton would be a great man someday."

You've got many in your company; the Holy Spirit will take care of you. ;)

good call....if u persue it, your parents will be relived if u r are happy there, and are showing the fruits of the Spirit in your life....parents only want us to be happy, and when they realize we are, they will deal

peace and prayers,
Matt

ThyWillBeDone

I am planning on entering the seminary next fall at it took my parents a while to come around to the idea. I would advice you just be patience with them about it. Once they begin to see that it is what makes you happy they may begin to see that it is really what God is calling you to. It took my parents several months but they came around, they still don't completly understand my calling but they now support my choice to apply to the seminary
God Bless

crusader1234

Saint Rafka. Hahaha name that Saint is useful sometimes. She ran away from her parents who wanted to pull her out of the convent so she could marry. Or at least thats what I remember.

St. Catherine would be a great intercessor too. I don't remember the whole story but i know her parents were not happy w/ her wanting to enter the convent so she became a third order.

Theoketos

Join the Monestary you are going to be next fall. They are great. IF you do not like being a Monk, at least your parents will be like 'hhewfww" at least he is not a monk....

• 1 year later...

Thy Kingdom Come!
Tuesday of the Fifteenth Week in Ordinary Time

God will bring them around. I'm praying he will my mother at least.

[i]Yours in Christ,[/i]

Eddie Lee

sometimes the best thing we can do is pray and keep our mouth shut.

Think of the reverse, like St. Augustine and his Mother.

Patients and virtue should win them over, if not, God's call is above your parents word.