An Old School Catholic Message Board

Occupy Wall Street Baloney

Lil Red

The sum (=) of this movement is:
"Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you"

Edited by add

cmotherofpirl

Ah yes - the big bad cops and the poor innocent protesters....NOT.

Videos of protesters running up to cameras to tell their stories is rarely the WHOLE story. I wanna hear the cops version - the part about the name-calling - the threats - or the fact they never know what the guy has behind his back or in her pocket, How they, mostly hard working people with families who live paycheck to paycheck (like most people) feel like they are being treated.
Of course a lot of them today weren't available for interviews, they were manning meals-on-wheels and soup kitchen or delivering to shut-ins so the regulars could be with THEIR families
Seriously.

[quote name='add' timestamp='1322151889' post='2340064']
The sum (=) of this movement is:
"Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you"
[/quote]

Um, are we supposed to serve the government, or is the government supposed to serve us?

Keep in mind that I think the Occupy movement is misdirected and therefore ineffectual, but I also think Kennedy was largely wrong.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1322199060' post='2340270']
Ah yes - the big bad cops and the poor innocent protesters....NOT.

Videos of protesters running up to cameras to tell their stories is rarely the WHOLE story. I wanna hear the cops version - the part about the name-calling - the threats - or the fact they never know what the guy has behind his back or in her pocket, How they, mostly hard working people with families who live paycheck to paycheck (like most people) feel like they are being treated.
Of course a lot of them today weren't available for interviews, they were manning meals-on-wheels and soup kitchen or delivering to shut-ins so the regulars could be with THEIR families
Seriously.
[/quote]

the cops show up with suits of armor, shields, grenades, batons and guns, and then proceed to use them on everyone nearby. im not worried about their feelings. many were acting counter to the law, and brutality and overreaction is basically the going theme.

if you have been watching the videos, the content does not include people running up and telling their story. the videos generally include very clear cases(first hand) of police beating, and abusing protesters, and several have been quoted yelling that they will deny protestors their rights and beat the hell out of them.

The police forces of the US, most of Canada, and probably all other first world countries you'd care to name (maybe most of the world; I haven't thought in that much depth), have developed into quasi-military organizations. It's no longer "serve and protect"; it's about maintaining power.
I don't agree with most of what OWS stands for because I think they're rather missing the point, but that doesn't mean I'm on the side of the police.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Chiara Francesco

I like these pictures:

[img]http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss140/jmjtcarmelite/ToobusytoOccupyWallstreet.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss140/jmjtcarmelite/occupybagram.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1322199324' post='2340273']

Um, are we supposed to serve the government, or is the government supposed to serve us?

Keep in mind that I think the Occupy movement is misdirected and therefore ineffectual, but I also think Kennedy was largely wrong.[/quote]
Kennedy was spot on!
Serve your fellow mankind, community and be excellent to one another

Ted........ Kennedy? :|

Credit to Winchester for this one. Not strictly relevant, but always fun.

[img]http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv189/Nihil_Obstat/539d9f24c861__1279483230000.jpg[/img]

Edited by Nihil Obstat

We live in the land of plenty, it seams to me them occupy protesters don't appreciate how good they have it.
Or undervalue the standard of living in today's "mood-a-go-go" society .

I'm not a wealthy person in terms of money, but I can't complain as I have been blessed with a loving wife and children
My cup runnith over

[quote name='add' timestamp='1322259800' post='2340448']
It works for me
[/quote]
:lol4: No, it makes you work for the politicians of the warfare-welfare state and the corporatist agenda.