An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Creepy Stories

BG45

brandelynmarie

About 10 years ago, I was visiting a friend of mine at her 100+ year-old house. She had been telling me how her dogs had been acting spooked lately & she had been hearing what sounded like a little girl giggling or babbling around the house. We were sitting on the floor of the living room playing cards. The TV was on low across the room & her kids & dogs were asleep on the couch. I was sitting with my back to an empty corner of the living room when I heard it! I actually heard what sounded like a little girl giggling right behind me! "Did you just hear that?!" She said, "Now do you believe me?" Soon after, I brought over Maronite Rite blessed salt, blessed oil & holy water & asked God to bless her house. :amen: They weren't Catholic so this was kind of what we negotiated. She hasn't mentioned any problems since. :)

I :love: sacramentals.

Edited by brandelynmarie

I am a Revolutionary and French and Indian war re-enactor, and a lot of the sites that events take place at are either old forts or battlefields. One such place, and probably one of my most favorite places is Fort Ticonderoga, in upstate New York.

At the site there is an area known as "The French Lines" where the french general Louis-Joseph de Montcalm had constructed a very formidable readout, or outer fortification. British General James Abercromby, directed a head on assault on these fortifications with roughly 16000 troops. The British took about 2000 casualties, and the french sustained about 350 casualties. The 42nd Highland Regiment, or "The Black Watch" took the brunt of those casualties.

Every evening at midnight on the Saturday night of the F&I event, it is tradition for the camp's musicians (fifes and drums) to march down the path to the lines and then march back to the camp playing a traditional Scottish Lament song. Anyways, one night when they were playing, all of us in camp could clearly hear the fifes and drums playing and we could also hear Bagpipes playing along with them. When the returned, we asked who the piper was and where he had went. Their response was "what piper?"

We had heard pipes playing with them, and yet they had not had a piper with them.

Easy explanation: there was a piper in camp who was playing along with them, but if this was true, it would have been obvious that the piper was in the camp, but the music was coming from the path to the French Lines.

The area where the lines stood is a very eerie and hallowed area. I always stop and say a quick prayer whenever Im there.

[img]http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/7380385.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.independencetrail.org/images/stories-black-watch.jpg[/img] [size=4]The Black Watch a Ft Ticonderoga July 8th 1758[/size]

I was a 16 year old kid and always had heard about the haunted cemetery that was especially active on halloween night. I got four of my friends and we each brought our girls with us, me and john decided that although we knew there is no such thing as ghosts, kind of goes against catholic christian beleifs, we figured we could dare everyone to go into the place at midnight and then scare the heck out of them. We thought of ways to do it, and thought we could just say something like " you hear that" and wait a second and say " its getting closer". Well this worked like a charm, big jim who was the toughest meanest guy in town, let out a scream like a girl and he almost beat susie out of there, everyone except me and john ran like crazy. We were laughing so hard that my eyes were filled with tears when I heard what sounded like a large rustling sound coming form the treeline, a congested mess of trees that went down a steep embankment towards the river. I turned around and john and me both stopped laughing and I shone the flashlight on the place where the noise was coming from and at the same time we seen two glowing eyes this creepy loud hiss scared us both and I seen john two steps ahead of me on a dead run towards the gate. I quickly caught up to him and beat him out of there and run the mile up to the mobile home park where we all parked. Out of breath through terror everyone looked at me horrified and said where is john? I turned thinking he was right behind me and he was not! I said " man we gotta go back and get him" and a couple of the girls wanted to call the police, which we vetoed as the place was closed at dark with a sign that said trespassers will be prosecuted and no one wanted to get in trouble. I went back as john was and still is my best friend, I was scared to death and picked up a big piece of tree limb and figured I could club the thing and run if needed. When I got back in I seen what looked like johnlaying on the ground and figured I was had, so i went over and shone the light on his face, he was covered in blood and looked dead. then I heard the hissing sound again and whirled around to see a possum in the moonlight with a few of its young trailing along. Then i turned back to john and shook him still thinking he was faking me out, he came to, his nose was broken and his front teeth pushed back in but still there and he was coughing up blood that was in his mouth. I went to the right around an old pine tree and he went left and ran smack into an old branch about the size of a leg that was head high, hitting it hard enough to break it off and lodge a piece of bark between his teeth that had to be removed by the emergency room people that night.

ed

Although I heard an even creepier story once, it seems there are people who forget to pray for the holy souls in purgatory this time of year !!!!!!! :dead:

ed

Not A Mallard

For a few Halloween nights, there was a boy who sat in front of a house, dressed as a scarecrow/dummy, and would scare not-too-young trick-or-treaters whenever they'd walk up to the house. That boy..........was [b][i]me[/i][/b].

They got candy though.

yep you are totally scary looking

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1320201047' post='2330089']
the mask didn't turn into a pumpkin at midnite?

what fairytale are you living???
[/quote]

you are weird