An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Creepy Stories

BG45

Inspired by the Halloween season. Does anyone have any creepy stories or ghost stories to share? I have a few, but I'll start with one that has no possible supernatural element, but still gives me the shivers to this day, that happened to me.
[quote]
In 1985 there was a big flood in my hometown. Mom, being the kind soul that she is, allowed a friend and her husband to move in downstairs in our duplex until they could get their own place again. Well, they didn't have flood insurance, so it took a while.

Mom's friend and her husband were always there when I was growing up and they treated me like I was the child they had never been able to have. She was a teacher at the same school as my mom, he was a Baptist minister. We never thought anything of leaving me alone with either of them if mom and dad had to run out and do errands. Eventually the husband's behavior got a little erratic and they bought the house next door, having finally saved up enough after sixteen or so years.

Not long after they got divorced. A couple of weeks after that, the now ex-husband broke into our external stairway to our basement and hid there, and assaulted his ex-wife. She managed to get into her house and call the cops. So of course, they interviewed my parents since he had hidden on our property, but the lock was busted to the external stairwell, so they knew we weren't at fault. We figured that would be the end of things.

I came home a few weeks later and there were men in suits talking to my parents. Dad got up and came to the door, giving me some money and telling me to go to the movies. When I came back the men in suits were gone; it turned out that Marion had never been a Baptist minister. He'd walked off a prison work party down south and been lying to his ex wife and to my parents the entire time he'd lived in the state.[/quote]

dominicansoul

I was alone at home while the rest of my family had gone to Saturday Evening Vigil Mass. I was walking down the long hallway of our house. At the end of the hall was a small bathroom... as i reached the bathroom, I saw in the reflection on the doorknob, a large, dark, shadowy figure standing in the room right next to the bathroom... I heard gutteral sounds, something inhuman coming from this figure...it was standing to the left of me, just a few feet away...

I slowly turned to look at this thing, and as I did, it moved backwards, at a very high speed, so fast, I could hear the "whoosh" of its movement, and see triple images of this thing...at that point, I thought I would die... I ran into the bathroom, closed and locked the door and fell on my knees praying the Rosary outloud, asking God to deliver me from evil, deliver the house from evil, shouting the prayers at the top of my voice...

I waited in the bathroom for the rest of the evening, when my family came home, they found me locked in there, totally exhausted and emotionally wrecked...

I told them of what I had experienced and what I had seen, and the family decided to pray an extra Rosary that night... we got the house blessed for the third time, and the priest paid special attention to the bedroom where I had seen this thing...

This happened to me and my wife about 4 years ago, when we were dating.
My wife's dad owns few houses that he rents out, He's mr.fix it. One day they told me to come with them for an 1 hour drive to a small town near by. "they wanted to show me their first house that my wife grew up in", Currently its rented out. Me and my wife were walking on train tracks enjoying the [i]'ghost town[/i] summer weather, while her dad was inside the house. Then with a concerned face she interupts me, and says LISTEN!, I didn't stop right away, LISTEN LISTEN!!! we froze and listened "we heard clearly from a distance her dad calling our names, over and over as if being extremely tortured by pain, or as if something terribly horrible happened to him" We bolted and ran the approx 200ft towards the house, thundered up the stairs as he and his buddy were fixing the tennants toilet upstairs. We got there and asked him [i]Whats up? you ok? what do you need? [/i]And him being the serious man that he is sat there with a serious face, asking up [i]"What are you talking about"? I never called you guys. [/i]We explained to him what we experinced thus painted a weird uncommfortable face on him.

*originally back in the day, they moved out of that house simply because it was close to 300 years old, and unexplainable things would happen once every few years in it.

:unsure:

Okay so another, not so much creepy to others as much as it is to me.

[size=3][font=Arial][color=#000000]I do my exercise 3-4 times a week at the cemetery[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]it's mostly deserted, so no one sees my fat butt running[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]and I had an hour and a half to kill before my Catholic Student Association meeting last night[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]so, I've walked through the cemetery over a dozen times before in the dark[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]the occasional solar lights on the graves and knowing the layout means I don't worry too much[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]and I don't carry cash or any valuable electronics[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]I was on my third time around the entire perimeter when I just felt this overwhelming dread[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]like bad enough I sprinted a quarter mile to the car and hit the gas[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]no freaking clue why[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]never felt that way before in the dark there[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3] [font=Arial][color=#000000]didn't feel even a hint of uneasiness until that exact "oh my goodness (don't blasphemy) I need to run" moment[/color][/font][/size]

dominicansoul

This is something that happened to my mother superior's family...she shared this with us while i was in the convent:

She said that she wasn't born yet, but this happened in her family. Her older sister was about 4 years old when her parents welcomed another baby into the world. They didn't have babies in hospitals, her mother with the help of a mid-wife, would birth the babies at home. Unfortunately, this baby was born gravely ill and dying. The father did what any devout Catholic at the time would do, he prepared for an emergency baptism. As he was pouring the holy water over the babies head and praying the prayers of Baptism, the 4 year old starts shaking and screaming at the top of her lungs and runs and hides. She was sobbing and calling out to her father over and over again. The little baby passed on, and was given back to her mother to hold. Giving her some time alone with the baby, the father went after the 4 year old to see what was wrong. He found her hiding behind a door and shaking and white as a ghost. He asked her what was the matter, and she hugged him and said that "the monster was mad and coming after you..." and she hugged her father and cried and cried and wouldn't let go. He realized that his little girl had seen the devil, who apparently was having a fit because of the emergency baptism...

today that little girl is a foundress of a religious community, and so is her sister (the one who was telling us this story..) they are a deeply religious family....

Edited by dominicansoul

Oh wait I do think of one. This past summer ds and I were at the dsmme convent and towards the end of the reception some Dominican Sister suddenly came up to me. She stood very close, and said with a big smile on her face "and who do we have here?!?!?!" Scared the croutons outta me!!!!!!!! She turned out to be one of the foundresses :lol4:

[quote name='MIKolbe (really, really ridiculously good looking)' timestamp='1318708430' post='2321681']
your face is a creepy story...
[/quote]

I dont creep myself out just other people :P

• 3 weeks later...
dominicansoul

There is a railroad intersection in San Antonio where a horrendous bus/train collision occurred back in the 1950's... everyone was killed

If you travel to that railroad and stall your car on the tracks, unseen forces will move your car off the tracks... some people have put powder on their rear windows, and claim to see small child hand prints as their car is pushed forward off the tracks to safety...

[img]http://www.hauntedhovel.com/images/pic19.jpg[/img]

edited to add this picture which shows said railroad intersection... of course, i can't believe those are pictures of real child ghosts! lol

ALSO---i've never done this, because I'm not sure what the Church teachings about such things as this. Is it allowable to go in search of ghosts? I guess that's a topic for another thread...

Edited by dominicansoul

dominicansoul

This is really creepy because it can be true. This man was looking through pictures of his anniversary party when he saw what appears to be a "demon" looking over his shoulder! This man had a bad drug habit, and as he said, it was "destroying" his soul. Saints of the past, such as St. Teresa of Avila, spoke of demons attached to humans who are enslaved by certain vices and sins. I wouldn't dismiss this...

Here is the picture:

[img]http://www.breitbart.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/weddingphoto1105.jpg[/img]

Here is the "demon" up close. This man changed his life after he saw this, so it had a major effect on him! According to some sources, the picture was looked at by a professional who says this is not photoshopped...

[img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/63/61/63206163/photos/Other/Demon_Photo.jpg[/img]

rizz_loves_jesus

I always grew up hearing about the Blue Light Lady. She's a local legend. According to the story, she was a lady named Elizabeth Polly who was a nurse during the Civil War. Her specialty was treating soldiers with cholera, which she eventually contracted and died from. She was buried at the top of a hill in the country.

Legend says she can be found wandering around Fort Hays, wearing a blue dress and bonnet, still looking for soldiers to comfort. I've met people who have lived here a very long time and swear they've seen her walking around the old fort. A police report from a few decades ago reports a woman wearing blue being hit by a car and her body never being found--most believe that was the Blue Light Lady.

It's isn't really a creepy story I guess. She's never been a mean or malevolent ghost. If it's true, it's more sad than anything--I've always thought she might be in purgatory or something. It's the only ghost story I've got, though :P