An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering The Convent, The Orthodox Way

marigold

PhuturePriest

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1336511661' post='2428834']
I honestly do not have any more props left to give or I would props you all, you lovely things :blush:

I took a risk and paid an insanely small amount of money to a company I would not normally buy from, the result being that I now have two flights which will get me to the States with *only* a 14-hour layover in Madrid! I leave this Thursday at 5 p.m. GMT (or are we in British Summer Time now?) and get in at half past twelve EST on Friday. From there I have a 5-hour bus ride to the small town near the monastery, and I'll be picked up by one of the Mothers, hopefully arriving at the monastery just in time for bed!

I'm still swinging between happy certainty and a kind of horrified atheism. Mother Abbess's latest email said jokingly that after all the delays, she's now convinced I have a calling from God to attempt the life! :hehe: We'll see how the next couple of days go. I was up at the crack of dawn to get my passport so it's an early night for me.

May the Lord and his most holy Mother protect and keep every one of you for your kindness to me. It won't be forgotten.
[/quote]

Curses! My attempts at slowing you down with the passport troubles didn't work!

But really, take this time to hear my plea. You can't leave me here with Jason! :sad:

In all reality I am very happy for you, even if you are leaving me to the dogs. :P I hope everything works out.

TheresaThoma

Your post made me very happy and a little bit sad. Happy because you finally have everything planned out but sad because we'll miss you! Safe travels and God Bless!

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1336496298' post='2428681']
Well, this worked! :oops:

Dear Marigold,

Glad all the pieces are finally in place, but we will miss you around here!

And since you are finally making it to the monastery, with time I hope you can forgive AnneLine for jinxing you with regard to this last passport issue. ;)

:hehe2:
[/quote]

AnneLine is FINALLY back on the internet (have been ripping my fur out!) and very glad my entreaties to the Lord ahve been heard --- the ones for travel documents and reasonably priced flight plans!!! You are too funny blaming me for jinxing Marigold... I'd have used 'Roundup'
had I really wanted to create problems for Marigold!!! ;)

That live tennis match between totally trusting in God and wondering what in heaven's name you are DOING makes total sense.... and I am glad that Mother sees it as a positive sign.

Please keep us informed what is happening, and perhaps Mother could let you let us know when you arrive? Or permit you to send me a quick note so I can pass it on? We are concerned, and glad that all is finally falling into place.

US via Madrid... Madre Mia you are truly Joining God's army and seeing the world!

I have missed you, Marigold... and all of you! Praying for all of you!

maximillion

Will miss you! Take time in Madrid to have some Tapas if you get the chance! Do you have to stay in the airport or can you go visiting? Seems maybe He has something He wants you to see/do?

Be thinking and praying for you...........

:proud: :proud: :proud: [color=#800080][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=6]Marigold, I am so proud of you!!! Please keep on going, and when a test come thing of all the obstacles that you had to overcome to get where you are. I will definately be praying for you. Please keep us informed of your progress. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Enjoy your new life, and Jesus. [/size][/font][/color]

Hee hee that was one bright post Alabanza! Thanks very much.

I'm all packed and we're leaving the house in about an hour. All that needs to be done is eating lunch and saying goodbye to my best friend who is stopping by. I feel like there are a ton of things I haven't done - reply to PMs, for one - but they'll just have to go undone. I've read them and am grateful for every one.

Too riled up to think much. God bless, and keep those prayers coming. Monastery, here I come!

Queen'sDaughter

I will keep you in my prayers, Marigold, and please keep me and all of us here in your prayers as well! God Speed and God Bless!