An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Meet-Up

Lil Red

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is nothing wrong with Poptarts. You haters can leave the box for me. I will eat them at 4 in the morning while everyone else is asleep. :ninja:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1335572882' post='2424162']
I am asking my wife for permission.
[/quote]

You better ask the kids permission as well :)

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1335573404' post='2424164']
There is nothing wrong with Poptarts. You haters can leave the box for me. I will eat them at 4 in the morning while everyone else is asleep. :ninja:
[/quote]

At least someone at this meetup can appreciate my breakfast staple.

:P

MissScripture

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1335573404' post='2424164']
[/quote]
I don't like the fruit ones, unless I butter them (my dad used to do that and OH MY DOES IT MAKE THEM TASTE AMAZING!). But every once in a while there is nothing like a brown sugar poptart. :eat:

brianthephysicist
:hijack:

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1335559807' post='2424073']
I refuse to set up a Pay Pal account.
[/quote]

I've heard a few other people say this but they've never given a proper explanation. Do you mind if I ask your reasoning?

(Don't worry, I don't have one either, I'm just interested in finding out more to decide whether or not I want to set one up)

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1335573772' post='2424167']
What are the housing arrangements?
[/quote]

Jason has hotel info, and there's also a few of us crashing at his house.

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1335580830' post='2424223']
:hijack:

I've heard a few other people say this but they've never given a proper explanation. Do you mind if I ask your reasoning?

(Don't worry, I don't have one either, I'm just interested in finding out more to decide whether or not I want to set one up)
[/quote]

I just get a deluge of spam mails about my account on it being comprised in phishing schemes. Not having one means not having to check the raw headers if it looks even semi-legit. That and third parties holding credit card information and my banking info make me nervous, especially after watching a number of people have to cancel credit cards and change all their passwords after the Playstation Network hacking debacle (another third party service). I only tend to shop from Amazon online, so I don't mind just using my Visa with them. :) I might change my tune if I shopped other places, because I can admit that there would be a convenience to having a centralized pay system. Also if I used e-bay, since PayPal is owned by the same people.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1335581886' post='2424231']
I just get a deluge of spam mails about my account on it being comprised in phishing schemes. Not having one means not having to check the raw headers if it looks even semi-legit. That and third parties holding credit card information and my banking info make me nervous, especially after watching a number of people have to cancel credit cards and change all their passwords after the Playstation Network hacking debacle (another third party service). I only tend to shop from Amazon online, so I don't mind just using my Visa with them. :) I might change my tune if I shopped other places, because I can admit that there would be a convenience to having a centralized pay system. Also if I used e-bay, since PayPal is owned by the same people.
[/quote]

PayPal has better security than Amazon Payments. Just sayin'.

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1335560311' post='2424079']
Okay, if this is still open, please send me all of the details. I would like to try to be there.
[/quote]
I will send you details... sorry for the wait...had a date with a 3 year old last night.

you people who are not paying by check should be getting emails for the burgh bits and bites tour thing...

pay up, phoo's.

Those were her words, not mine.

:|

Check will be in the mail Monday. Would appreciate some kind of receipt or acknowledgement that it got there safely. :)