An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Think Of This?

GodsGrace

:angry: OK, I was driving down the street, & I passed this Baptist church. I usually enjoy readin what churchs post on their board thingys...and this particular church usually has some interesting things to say. Well for the past week they've had this message that says :" WHat our Pastor thinks about the Gay Preists"....Now...to me it seems like they have NOTHING better to talk about than other religions...And they're picking out a certain one.... Catholosim. Well ......(ok...now you guys might be a little lost, but in my town there's an episcipalian priest that claims he's gay, (I think he episcipalian.....) anyways soyea that's big contreversy in my town right now....) sooo....In the past I have had some not so cool experinces with Baptist churchs....I'm not trying to degrade them, talk down to them, or even talk bad about them...I'm just merely stating that my experinces have been degrading towards Catholics, down-talking like b/c I'm Catholic I'm the devil or bad...so this really gets to me that a baptist church can only talk about another church. I am really upset about it.....what do you guys think?! :blink: <_<

littleflower+JMJ

thats not really fair for that baptist church to post stuff like that about, i see it as a low shot....i mean we dont' do that...

i think you should keep your cool, dont' let them get to you and make sure you do backup check and see if this priest really is episcipalian and such. that way if you confront them you know where they are coming from and what to expect....

but i think thats awful......its okay GG you'll be okay, pray for those ppl and don't let them get the best of you....

God bLess!

+JMJ

:)

thanks flower....it's just how can they do that...and get away with it like....socially...I'm not talking politically, & lawfully but socially & churchly...Godly...AHH! but oh well I guess if anyone has anything to say about it, & they say it to me at least I'll be ready!

that's right!! I'M NOT the boss, He is & if they want to go behind His back & talk about others...then ha...I'll just let Him deal with them!

that's right!! I'M NOT the boss, He is & if they want to go behind His back & talk about others...then ha...I'll just let Him deal with them!

You go Girl! That's the way to go! :D :D :P:P :lol:

IcePrincessKRS

haha Yeah!!!

If these people have nothing better to do than gossip about some other clergyman who claims to be homosexual then what they really need is prayers. I don't see how posting that up on their roadside announcement board for all the world to see is going to bring them any closer to God. Just say a Hail Mary for them. (I bet they'd LOVE that. :P )

:angry: :angry: Your anger is contagious....grrr......feel like punching something (or someone :huh: !).....grr...... :angry::angry: :angry:

I would say to stop by there and tell them their board is offensive to some people. Don't tell them you're Catholic (unless they ask). It would be even more effective if you had other people you know go tell them too. (But not all at once) People will generally take stuff down if they know it's offending others. No matter what, keep your cool! B)

you kids are nuts!~! They took it down....but only b/c they're messages are only up for a week.! but thanks anyways! You guys are great!

As for doing some remodeling Q.....lol we could still do that! jk jk

i think u should go in there and start heckling this guy's sermon

...umm.. r we allowed to do that? heckle other churches? or is that bad

it might be bad... lets wait till we get a verdict on that before we start the hecklefest

Pax Christi!

IcePrincessKRS

No, we're not allowed to heckle other churches.

We ARE allowed to call and inform the unlucky pastor/secretary who answers the phone how incredibly distasteful their message board was. :P