An Old School Catholic Message Board

So As To Not Hijack Anymore: My Discernment Thread

Lisa

Hi guys!

So, I'm really bad at keeping secrets. Horrible, in fact. And I can't keep hijacking random treads. So, this is probably going to become my DSMME thread.

I went to the retreat this weekend, and officially asked for and received the application to enter in August. I've still got a long way to go of discernment, and the community will of course, be discerning me as well.

My "yes" was to Jesus' nudge for me to ask. I've been really discerning this particular community for about a year (have known them for 3 years). But some other obstacles stood in the way, not the least of which was interior, and my struggle to trust Him- that He would provide and raise up my failings.

So yes, I now have "papers." Strangely enough, while it is :woot: :woot: :woot: exciting, more than anything, I'm just experiencing complete joy and peace. It's been long enough in the making that it seemed like the natural step, like I was just taking a big step closer to Him and doing His will.

Please, please, pray for me. Like I said, this is just the beginning. The next step is just the paperwork; I will be working on scheduling appointments with various people to be sure I'm healthy and normal(ish). But peace is just running through me in all of this practical stuff... He's got it under control. There's also no rush!

By the way, I offered particular names and an overarching "all the people on VS" during adoration Saturday night and on a slip of paper for the Blessed Virgin in her traveling image of Our Lady of Guadalupe. You all are going to be wrapped in her mantle and held between her folded hands. :love:

NovemberFourth

WhoooooHoooooo! :)
Wonderful, exciting news! Many, many prayers for you. I shall be watching this thread very closely!
:)

Lisa that is wonderful! Many prayers headed your way. It is a great sign that you are feeling such joy and peace about this step.

[size=6]ITS ABOUT TIME!![/size]! :hehe:

I couldnt be happier actually! When I read you asked for the papers I was literally screaming [size=6]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size] :clapping: :clapping: :nun2: ok I wasnt actually running around in circles, just on the inside :)

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1320714345' post='2332927']
ur officially now, my Sister in Saint Dominic...

YOU ARE GOING TO BE ONE OF MY DOMS!!! :w00t:

:yahoo:
[/quote]

Poor Lisa :(