An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shorter Christian Prayer...

i<3LSOP

He is Risen!

I would have to agree with the people here who suggest to learn from someone who knows how to do it.  When I first started praying the office, I used the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary and managed to confuse myself even with that, lol.  I also recommend the website divineoffice.org, it has all the prayers and the page numbers if you'd rather read it from your book and recordings of the hymns.  It's also a good alternative if you are still saving up for the books, I know they are expensive.  I think they have a cell app if you don't want to read it off your computer, too.

Hidden Content

Hi Mary! Welcome to the VS!

This is a very, very old thread, which we typically don't "resurrect". If you'd like to start a new thread on the topic, please feel free to do so.

Also: Be careful about posting your email address openly as you did. There are "spam bots" that troll the internet looking for such email addresses. When they find them, they slam them with spam. Once you've posted a bit more you'll have access to the PM system (like an internal email system on Phatmass). From that point on, you can just tell people to PM you and then give them your email address in there. That's safer for you!

As for the Guide: You can purchase a copy here. You can also find other helpful books on the Liturgy of the Hours at Amazon. Just search "liturgy of the hours" and a bunch of stuff will pop up.

My recommendation for people wanting to pray the LotH is to use a smartphone app. There are lots of them out there. I prefer the iBreviary. If you really want to use a book, then He is Risen! is correct that it's best to learn from someone who knows how to do it. You could ask any priest, brother, or sister near you to walk you through it. It's confusing at first, but with patience, you'll get it!