An Old School Catholic Message Board

Im Going

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1321373240' post='2336549']
Really pleased for you, Lil'M. It's in February, right? Please keep us posted as it gets closer - my memory's not what it used to be. Actually, that's not true as it's always been not so good...just getting more not-so-good as time passes!!

umm...about you not being a nun: How about a Sister, a nice non-grilled Sister??? Just a thought :whistle:
[/quote]

ha ha ha you are so funny! :|

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1321406431' post='2336712']

ha ha ha you are so funny! :|
[/quote]

Lil Mon, I'm just curious. If you are so set against being a religious, then why are you going to this retreat? I mean, retreats are great, and you might change your mind about religious life after spending time with them, but you write as if you aren't in the least interested. Is this just a joke for you? I don't really understand I guess. Or perhaps are you just afraid that you might like it? that's perfectly understandable and if so, then I do wish you all the best for this. A vocation can be a scary thing.

But for me, the whole discernment thing isn't really something to be joked about. I guess because I have so few opportunities these days, so I would like to know what you seriously think about all this. you can be serious, can't you? Just for a short time. We all love your great sense of humour, but this is also a very interesting development too.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321415160' post='2336747']

Lil Mon, I'm just curious. If you are so set against being a religious, then why are you going to this retreat? I mean, retreats are great, and you might change your mind about religious life after spending time with them, but you write as if you aren't in the least interested. Is this just a joke for you? I don't really understand I guess. Or perhaps are you just afraid that you might like it? that's perfectly understandable and if so, then I do wish you all the best for this. A vocation can be a scary thing.

But for me, the whole discernment thing isn't really something to be joked about. I guess because I have so few opportunities these days, so I would like to know what you seriously think about all this. you can be serious, can't you? Just for a short time. We all love your great sense of humour, but this is also a very interesting development too.
[/quote]

Ok ok ok i will take off my clown mask and stop talking in a funny voice......yes im a joker but im gonna be serious for once...

Well....um....I [b]want[/b] to go to the retreat and it might help me to discern properly for whatever God wants me to be. Also yes I am afraid that I might like it. I "act" like I am not interested in it but really deep down inside I feel a tug and thats why I am going.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1321416044' post='2336754']

Ok ok ok i will take off my clown mask and stop talking in a funny voice......yes im a joker but im gonna be serious for once...

Well....um....I [b]want[/b] to go to the retreat and it might help me to discern properly for whatever God wants me to be. Also yes I am afraid that I might like it. I "act" like I am not interested in it but really deep down inside I feel a tug and thats why I am going.
[/quote]

Well, that's a very honest answer Mon, and I thank you for it. Yes, it is scary, but you are being so brave in taking a step closer to God, so no matter what happens, your soul will benefit from this experience. My prayers go with you in your discernment and I am sure you will not only have a great time, but you will give joy to the sisters with your bright personality!

dominicansoul

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1321320427' post='2336369']

yeah she would...

:|
[/quote]
i don't get involved in other people's discernments. I've known things about certain women who have looked into my community in the past and I never told them, "Well, that will keep you out." OR, "My Sisters won't want you there." BECAUSE, basically NO ONE KNOWS THE MIND OF GOD. IF a person who I deemed "not worthy" of my Doms was trying to contact them or go on a retreat, who am I or who is anyone for that matter, to "warn" the Sisters??? Ridiculousnessnessness...

Please, do go lilmon, its a retreat given by the Master Himself, so, it will do you a lot of good.... :)

i<3franciscans

Good for you Lil'M. It is terrifying discerning a vocation and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, but it is so rewarding in so many ways and on so many levels it is well worth it. Many prayers! *hugs* :)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1321460098' post='2336867']
[size=2]also, you would look really cute in a Dom habit[/size] :hehe2:
[/quote]
[size=2]Not that we have thought about it or anything.[/size]

Strictlyinkblot

[/quote]

This is why I could never be a Dominican, the white habit. Me and white, bad, bad combination. I'd spent most of my day washing the stains out. At least a brown habit hides some of the stains

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1321416044' post='2336754']

[/quote]

honest answers are always good answers. Taking the time for a discernment retreat will certainly help you.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1321468180' post='2336943']

This is why I could never be a Dominican, the white habit. Me and white, bad, bad combination. I'd spent most of my day washing the stains out. At least a brown habit hides some of the stains
[/quote]

I had the grimiest Dominican habit next to Sr. Mary Grace in my community. Between the two of us, we collected most of the dirt. :hehe2:

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1321471038' post='2336960']

I had the grimiest Dominican habit next to Sr. Mary Grace in my community. Between the two of us, we collected most of the dirt. :hehe2:
[/quote]

Well, I wear white in work and by the end of the shift my uniform is varying shades of brown and yellow

[/quote]

you would say that.... :hehe:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1321462857' post='2336883']
[size=2]Not that we have thought about it or anything.[/size]
[/quote]

you would say that too... :hehe:

:|