An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can We Be In Love At This Age?

GodsGrace

AHHH...you know I love you BlueRose.....but do you know how many times you've told me that, or SOMEONE ELSE HAS TOLD ME THAT?! lol I mean hello I get it allllllllllll the freaking time!

GodsThespianChic

My answer....yes! We can be in love. As BlueRose said, there are many different types of love to have. As you mature, your type of loving matures as well.

There is also the view that no matter how old you are, you can still love. If you know God, you know Love. God is Love. Therefore, yes, you can love deeply and passionately if you truely know God.

That's what I think. Because I have personally been told that I didn't love someone. Yes, I am only 16 (now! as of 25 minutes ago) and was 15 when I loved my ex. I loved him with everything I had. I truely believe that I will always love him deep down-he was my first love. As I saw on a preview for a movie the other day~ "First loves are never truely over!" And it's so true. I'll always love him, but in a different way. I went through hell when we broke up-because he cheated on me and lied to me. It took me 7 months to fully get past still wanting to be with him. I have forgiven him, and we've talked a lot of things out and remain friends. But I still believe that I'll always love him, deep down in the bottom of my heart!

Make sense?

yuppers.....look at Live Out Loud boy...he's my favorite b/f b/c he gave me sooo much life...& then took it all away in one breath! But he was soo funny & the greatest & then one day, BAM it hit me like a brick wall! & it was over...but I've gotten past that. SO I know I'll eventually move on past this one...if I don't marry him first!....I don't know everything just seems to make sense now. He's made me feel so worthful (that's in the Amanda dictionary btw!!), he's made me see that I'm on earth for a reason, & even though I don't know what that is, I'll soon find out.

honey....what are you talking about?!..we're nto on the retreat # 1 &..he's not one of the 3! goofball

GodsThespianChic

On the other thread...I said "boy-whose-name-rhymes-with-mine" and then you said that we aren't doing any cryptic talking...and you say Live Out Loud boy?!?!?!

Uh huh...rigggghhhhttt...

sweetie the whole cryptic talking...I was talking about for the retreat... & I thought that's what you were saying...while on the retreat...& may I add Girls Weekend, we can't even do that...no saying things like that!

TempleofVesarius

I agree with the whole "first real love never goes away"...but if you love someone who lies and cheats on you then you only love someone who they PRETEND to be...so yeah I do think that dream can die.

well what if they don't cheat & lie, they love you the same, but only you know that. Like they're blind to their feelings?? What about it then?

IcePrincessKRS

well what if they don't cheat & lie, they love you the same, but only you know that. Like they're blind to their feelings?? What about it then?

You just have to pray for them and wait. If he really feels that way he'll come around.

One of the most irritating things that happened to me in dating was when I broke up with my first boyfriend (ok, I admit, my husband was "only" my second boyfriend, but WHAT a difference!!!!) he told me that I didn't know what love was because I had never dated anyone before him, and HE knew because he had dated more people than I had. I wanted to kick his teeth in. I KNEW I wasn't in love with him, that I didn't love him, and that to stay with him wouldn't be fair to either of us (to be honest, for awhile I really did think I loved him, but that faded pretty quickly, to the point I knew it was just all wrong). I'm just embarassed that I ever dated him, and that it took me nearly 5 months to realize that it was all wrong. :blink: (I was 19 when I dated this guy, and 20 when I met my husband, now I'm nearing my 23rd b-day.)

The first time my husband told me he loved me I knew it was for real. I won't go into all the details, but there was enough evidence there when he said it--he showed me just how much he really cared for me, he would have given me up if he thought it was best for me. A couple months down the road he asked me to marry him (we didn't kiss until we were engaged, either--he had a bet that he wouldn't kiss till he was married but he lost :huh: ). But, the real point is, and I dunno why I have blathered on so long without getting to it, I almost didn't date my husband. I nearly said those scary little words "Maybe we should just be friends" (and you thought no one really said that, right? lol). The situation was a little different, I knew I was interested in him, but at the same time I was afraid it wouldn't work out b/c we were long distance. When I look back at all the things I almost gave up!!! It's scary, and I am so glad I took the "risk."

TempleofVesarius

Then i tell you this...it will take losing you forever for him to realize how he really feels and to stop pretending hes someone hes not.

thats the situation i was in with ashley

she still begs for me back...because now she realizes what she had and could have had

IcePrincessKRS

Then i tell you this...it will take losing you forever for him to realize how he really feels and to stop pretending hes someone hes not.

thats the situation i was in with ashley

she still begs for me back...because now she realizes what she had and could have had

Just to add to what John Paul said, if he loses you forever and realizes what he gave up but you've found someone else--that someone else you found is going to be better for you that the guy who passed you up! (Case in point, Heather trumps Ashley.)

yea, that's true, my first REAL boyfriend. Well my first love, I was 16. & he was...well I don't want to reveal his age b/c it's soooo strange...well it's not but at that time, it was.....anyways,...he was younger & everyone doubted we'd last for long...We talked as friends for like 2 weeks, then he asked me out at homecoming, it was all cute & sweet. We always talked about how we'd never say I LOVE YOU unless we truely meant it. Then 2 weeks later we got in a HUGE & I mean HUGE all out fight & I though for sure things were over. well we were both in Band & we have 3 quarter breaks at football games b/c we performed at 1/2 time, anyways...we were talking b/c a friend of ours was like, YO stop being gay & talk to e/o so we did & he gave me this huge hug, kissed me, and looked my eyes, & said, I love you Amanda, I would have never gotten through this night without you knowing that . I was like whoa...puddle...BIG HUGE PUDDLE ON THE GROUND! ....lol we were going out for 7 & 1/2 months...we had gone through A LOT..I mean A LOT that you can go through at that age...Well for my 17th bday we were on a band trip in New Orleans...that was the greatest bday b/c his mom got on the mic on the bus we were on...(we drive every year from Brandon, Fl (near Tampa) to somewhere up north for National competitions in band, chorus, orchestra, and dance. This year we had taken 9 busses...it's usually that much...about 500 kids & 75 parents.....BTW they're charter busses!!!!) So yea anyways, his mom was like let's all sing happy birthday to my favorite girl, Amanda...So he sang to me as well as everyone else....and then he handed me a box...it had a necklace with a single rose charm. & told me that I was his "One Rose"....then he wrote an entire CD with songs on it to me & his best friend helped & wrote it for my best friend BlueRose too....anyways......(the whole thing came about b/c he gave my 11 roses at homecoming instead of 12 b/c someone stole 1 to give to this chick!) anyways...I know I can fall in love, but it's never accepted with the adults......I don't know about this guy though. He's different from the way I loved my ex. He's more spiritual & definatly more capable of helping me in my spiritual endeavours. I know that everyone gets loved different...but I just can't explain it. Like Mandy Moore said for her new movie "How to Deal", "Don't be afraid to fall in love".....