An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can We Be In Love At This Age?

GodsGrace

littleflower+JMJ

that is soo cool guys! i've read everything andi've liked everything i've read, especially blue rose's reply. but my reply guys, was something i would tell my friends, and you have to understand, where i come from the teen pregancy rate is high, not high like its normal but high! SO FAR, ten friends of mine (classmates who i know really well) have been pregant, most at the age of 16 and 17, and its really sad. half of our cheerleaders have had babies, our student council president got pregant and the junior class president also got pregant, now, i just found that two members of our youth choir are expecting! whew! see what i mean? this girls don't know what i'm coming from when i tell them these things...and you guys are different and i've realize that. you guys (when i say "You guys" i mean everyone, girls included!:unsure: put your faith first and i totallly respect that and i think thats cool that im not the "Only" one, you know?

anyways, as for mr. charming who apparently has you strung! i say give it time, and pray about it. and take things slow.....your young, im' young, heck even ice is young! hehe and who said they wanted "10 kids".....so do I!! but i'm shooting for 12 kids like anna! lol. you know the twelve apostles? lol.

and ToV, wow, sorry about that girl who definlity didn't deserve you! that smells of elderberries...but you handle it very well and like the saying goes, sometimes people don't realize what they had until its gone....

ICE! thanks for sharing us your bits of "experience" your married, so you qualify as our "relationships expert!" lol. how did you meet your husband? i'm always soo wondering how i'm going to meet mine! lol. you guys didn't go to school together? and i didn't know it was a longdistance thing....do you mine sharing?thanks!

God bLess!

+JMJ

luv ya aliens!

IcePrincessKRS

ICE! thanks for sharing us your bits of "experience" your married, so you qualify as our "relationships expert!" lol. how did you meet your husband? i'm always soo wondering how i'm going to meet mine! lol. you guys didn't go to school together? and i didn't know it was a longdistance thing....do you mine sharing?thanks!

God bLess!

+JMJ

luv ya aliens!

Golly.... I'm blushing here, I don't know if I should be flattered or embarassed. :blink:

This is going to be a little long all typed out, but you asked for it! lol

Matthew and I didn't go to school together, he went to Steubie U for a year, then to community college, and then to online classes (he still hasn't graduated, but during all this time he's also worked full time, so he has an excuse), and lived in Ohio. At the time we met I was a Junior at Christendom in VA and my younger sister Sara was there as a Freshman. Matthew has family--2 brothers, their wives and kids--who live in the same town where Christendom is located, and Matthew's sister Maria was living with them--Maria is Sara's age. The two of them met and became good friends (Maria knew a couple people on campus even though she didn't go to school there). That's the background stuff.

SO, just before finals and Christmas break Matthew came down to visit Maria and she decided to have a party. Sara invited me to go along with her; since I never really did stuff with her (we had our own groups of friends, etc.) I decided that it would be cool to hang out with my sister. Maria and Matt came and picked us up from campus and we went over to "Maria's house." In the course of the evening I started talking to Matthew and we wound up staying up the whole night (this was a Saturday) talking and messing around on the internet, just having fun and stuff. The dregs of the party, including the two of us, went to 8am Mass the next morning, then to a coffee shop, and back to Maria's to take a nap. After sleeping about an hour Matthew and I both were awake while the others were still zonked out, so we wound up talking again, and then went up to the state park for a walk with his brother--well, he and his Nathan ran, I walked. lol Might I add, I thought he was crazy at this point because he took off his shoes in December to run through the woods barefoot, and didn't wear a coat. After that we went back to Maria's, hung around a bit more, but it was time for us to go so Matt drove us back to campus and when we parted he said he'd e-mail me... ok, this was coming from a guy, so my thought was "Yeah, sure you will," even though I wanted him to, I just said "Ok". lol Well to my utter amazement he did, and we e-mailed for about a month and while I was at home in NY he called and asked if he could come and visit for New Years--he and Maria came, (having, in the space of a couple days, driven from OH to MI to VA, only to go to NY and then have to go back to VA and on up to OH). New Year's Eve he "professed" his feelings for me. Thats when I nearly said "lets just be friends." Instead, I told him long distance relationships were hard and I didn't know. We stayed up till 5am talking. He left it up to me. The next day he had to leave and went without an answer from me. :huh: But the more I thought about it the more I wished I had said yes, so Jan. 2 or 3--I forget which, now--I e-mailed him and told him I wanted to go for it and that I was going to give it all I had to make it work. As soon as he got the e-mail he called me to let me know. I didn't tell anyone the result of the weekend for a couple weeks, though--except Sara because she was with me when I'd e-mailed and later asked what he'd said, and me, forgetting he'd e-mailed asked her how she knew he'd called. lol

So thats the story of how we began dating. About a month and a half after that he told me he loved me, and 3 months after we had began dating he asked me to marry him (big suprise for my parents!--and several months before he had planned to ask--he said he knew right away it was what he wanted, but he was going to wait 8 months to a year to ask lol). But I told him I wanted to graduate first, so we had a year and a half long engagement so that I could finish school. He spent that time working, going to school, and driving back and forth (5 hours each way when I was in VA, 7-8 when I was in NY) to see me. Oh, and I never met his parents or the majority of his siblings until after we were engaged. I was totally nervous. lol But they love me, so its all good. :blink:

....wowzers, that is long.... maybe I shoulda given you the short version of "we met because our sisters were friends".... ;)

littleflower+JMJ

no no no!i definitly like the long version BETTER! lol.

wow! that is soo cool it kinda brings to mine how everything happens for a reason...and of course that reason is God's providence right? that is so cool and im so happy for both of you...i hope to one day share my story with ya too! okay, i'm getting ahead of my self, whoa jmj! lol. well, i really liked your story and i'm glad you did what you did! thanks for sharing your story with a bunch aliens! that took guts! hehe

God bLEss !

+JMJ

lol +JMJ...I said I wanted 10 kids...for a while it was 11 just for the sake of that little girl in "The Ring"....lol funny huh...yea the 12 apostles thing is cool... I might end up getting that

Anyways....I wish we had time (the guy I'm strung up on) but we don't. He leaves Aug. 15th for college. He's going to Alabama, & I'm staying right here in pretty sunny & hot but rainy Florida! So I don't know but he finally agreed to go on a dinner date with me. & It'll be like next week sometime, so I'll DEF. let you guys know!!

IcePrincessKRS

hehe My mom has 12 kids and my mother-in-law has 11. I want however many God sends us, but I'll just take this one for a start and see where we go from there. lol

yea well you're lucky...my mom has 2! my & my younger brother. But my mom is one of 7 so I'm used to big families...&...she has 26 cousins...would have like 32 or 33 but a few miscarrages happened...& then one of them died after they were born...but ya know..big families ROCK!

littleflower+JMJ

we had family over lot too long ago from my cuz's wedding and they all came to our house and let me tell you it was like sardines in a can! lol.

and that was only my mom's side, her siblings. she has 5 sisters, 4 brothers, 3 half-siblings, 4 step-siblings..thats 16!!! and not to mention all their children were there and thats like...100000! haha

but yes, big families DO rock!

GodsThespianChic

Big families are cool!! I come from a big family!

And I guess you're right, ToV, I was in love with the person I thought he was. I think I was more in love with him as a person, and not by the stpuid mistakes (actaully his words) that he made. So I don't know.

Love's a funny thing.

IcePrincessKRS

yeah...real funny...like a joke...a cruel joke...

yeah im still just a tad bit bitter

Love didn't do that to you hon, a person did---and lemme tell ya, if I could I'd kick her teeth in for you. I can see why you're bitter, though, I probably would be, too.

But even if SHE's a jerk, I love you (as only your "big" sister can, of course). :wub:

TempleofVesarius

let me rephrase that...

love at this age does exist...but it smells of elderberries

people are too immature to handle it

IcePrincessKRS

Have you ever realized how wise Mary is John Paul? Reading your post I can hear her voice echoing, "We're only in the SIXTH GRADE, we don't need to be dating." (sorry, not exactly on topic, but I think her statement can often be carried over through most of highschool, and even college for some people.)