An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missscripture's Cooking And Baking Thread

MissScripture

xTrishaxLynnx

Today, I made vegan "mac and cheese."

http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-macaroni-and-cheese-8924

I used almond milk instead of soy, and subbed a 1/2 tsp of onion powder for the garlic. It wasn't too bad. The munchkin didn't like it, and preferred the plain pasta, but it curbed my intense cheese craving for the moment. I mean, it definitely didn't taste like a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese, or something, but it was creamy and had a cheesy flavor...or maybe that was just my imagination because I am so starved for cheese. :hehe2:

:drool: That looks / sounds yummy!

MissScripture

I was just looking for a recipe to make hamburger buns. I found the identical recipe on two different sites, and one said it made 8 buns, and the other said 18. :blink:

xTrishaxLynnx

I was just looking for a recipe to make hamburger buns. I found the identical recipe on two different sites, and one said it made 8 buns, and the other said 18. :blink:

I was going to say "typo?" but the 1 and the 8 are nowhere near each other. So maybe it just depends how thick you want 'em? lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
MissScripture

Finally accepting that this dairy allergy is going to be a long term thing, so I ordered a vegan yogurt starter last night. I can't wait to put the yogirt maker to use, again. Dairy-free yogurt is so expensive!

That's got to be a pain, MissS ....  I sure hope works out... you have certainly had a hard couple of years dealing with all of this....  Holding you all in prayer, too!