Missscripture's Cooking And Baking Thread

MissScripture

Laudate_Dominum

[b]Bacon II[/b]

[i]Ingredients[/i]
- 1 package of bacon

[i]Method[/i]
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange bacon on foiled sheet and place in cold oven.
- Set oven to 400 F.
- Remove bacon when done. Approximately 17-20 minutes.
- Eat it.

MissScripture

The wildrice burgers were amazing. They would make a great Friday meal. Although, eating them would not be very penitential...

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1333077475' post='2410520']
The wildrice burgers were amazing. They would make a great Friday meal. Although, eating them would not be very penitential...
[/quote]
Would you mind giving the recipe?

Friday night supper is on me, and I find it hard in Lent. ;)

IcePrincessKRS

I'm trying out a new marinade for salmon tonight... the marinade tasted really good, I think it'd be pretty amesome with chicken, too.

• 1 month later...
MissScripture

I just made this recipe:
[url="http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/05/deep-dish-cinnamon-roll-pie/"]http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/05/deep-dish-cinnamon-roll-pie/[/url]

It smells amazing. The batter was amazing. I can't wait to eat the finished product!

brianthephysicist

Oh man I forgot about this thread. Since the last time I've been here, I've tried my hand at slow-cooked pulled pork, baked mac'n'coagulated milk, meatloaf, and grilled tuna and coagulated milk.

MissScripture

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1336273369' post='2427534']
Oh man I forgot about this thread. Since the last time I've been here, I've tried my hand at slow-cooked pulled pork, baked mac'n'coagulated milk, meatloaf, and grilled tuna and coagulated milk.
[/quote]
I've always loved to eat pulled pork but never made my own. I should try that sometime. How did you make it?
I've only tried baked mac 'n cheeese once. I didn't like it, but I think that was because the recipe was a dud. There was really very little cheeese for mac 'n cheeese.

Oh, and the cinnamon roll pie was amazing! :drool: I don't have a food processor so I made it in the blender. It took forever to get it all blended, but it was SO worth it!

brianthephysicist

I mixed a few recipes I saw online, but I don't remember which ones.

Basically, I mixed some garlic powder and salt and rubbed it into the meat. Then I chopped up about half an onion (still kind of big pieces) and sliced little pockets into the meat and stuck the onion pieces inside.

I put the meat into the crockpot and filled up the rest of the pot with rootbeer (approx 2~3 cups).

Usually you turn the crockpot on low for 8-9 hours, but since I was an idiot and bought too much meat for the lid to fit, I stuck it in the oven at 220 for 8-9 hours.

After it's done, take it out of the crockpot and pull it apart, with your hands or with a fork or two, to the consistency you want it to be at. I threw out the pieces of onion that were cooked with it and chopped off the large portions of fat as I saw them, but didn't get rid of all of the fat.

Once all was pulled apart, I added some diced onion and two bottles of BBQ sauce (I mixed sweet baby ray's honey BBQ with sweet baby ray's hickory & brown sugar) and mixed by hand. (yay for messy time!!!)

Then put it back into the crockpot on low for 2-3 hours stirring occaisionally and then ready to serve! :eat:

The secret ingredient to this recipe was the root beer.

MissScripture
:drool: THAT SOUNDS AMAZING! :eat: I will definitely have to try that sometime!

IcePrincessKRS

We had ribs, baked beans, potato salad, and asparagus (with hollandaise) for dinner. And followed it up with ice cream (I had a root beer float). I feel like I am going to burst. Sunday dinners FTW.

I went to a Cinco de Mayo party last night and ate ten different types of dessert. I am unashamed.

That said, keep up the good work. I love people who appreciate food as much as I do. :like: