An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missscripture's Cooking And Baking Thread

MissScripture

MissScripture

So, I just attempted homemade chicken noodle soup. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to like it very much. But the dinner rolls I made are excellent. :)

missionseeker

So my fudge didn't set. (It tastes good, it's just runny) I think it's because it's SOoooooooo freakin' humid here. I'm going to attempt to turn it into brownies. Key word attempt. Good thing I have like four back up desserts. haha.

MissScripture

I need to eat some lunch and then start some Christmas baking. I'm giving my brother some Christmas cookies this year for Christmas and we're celebrating with him on Saturday, but I haven't even made them yet! :o

dominicansoul

Get peanut to help... tell him to lay off your bladder.. hahahha

Have you ever thought about making chocolate truffles? WE had some today at the office party and they are delish!!!!

Sarah, I can't find the recipe, but we made these amazing cookies on Saturday called Vermont Crackles.

They're a bit like sugar cookies, soft and chewy, but light too. They have a bit of maple syrup in them, and before baking they get rolled in sugar in the raw.

Soooo good. I tried to find it again for you, but I think my aunt has it. :(

MissScripture

Well, I'm done with one kind of cookie, and some dishes, and supper. Eggs have been a pain in the butt to crack, today, for some reason! Luckily no egg shells in the cookies!

MissScripture

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1323894039' post='2351303']
Get peanut to help... tell him to lay off your bladder.. hahahha

Have you ever thought about making chocolate truffles? WE had some today at the office party and they are delish!!!!
[/quote]
Roamin has made truffles before. I make peanut butter balls, which my sister said people in the convent called "buckeyes," but given my husband's dislike of Ohio State, but love of peanut butter balls, I don't think we'd ever call them that...

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1323894817' post='2351312']
Sarah, you better get crackin' and mixin' . And you just said lunch. I forgot to eat... again. ! grr
[/quote]
I lied. I only have 4 types of cookies to make. But I also need to make crescent rolls to bring home, too. I couldn't make one kind of cookie, because I didn't have all the ingredients, or I'd have 5 cookies and crescent rolls.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1323896636' post='2351330']
Sarah, I can't find the recipe, but we made these amazing cookies on Saturday called Vermont Crackles.

They're a bit like sugar cookies, soft and chewy, but light too. They have a bit of maple syrup in them, and before baking they get rolled in sugar in the raw.

Soooo good. I tried to find it again for you, but I think my aunt has it. :(
[/quote]
Those sound tasty!

missionseeker

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1323918971' post='2351490']
Roamin has made truffles before. I make peanut butter balls, which my sister said people in the convent called "buckeyes," but given my husband's dislike of Ohio State, but love of peanut butter balls, I don't think we'd ever call them that...

I lied. I only have 4 types of cookies to make. But I also need to make crescent rolls to bring home, too. I couldn't make one kind of cookie, because I didn't have all the ingredients, or I'd have 5 cookies and crescent rolls.

Those sound tasty!
[/quote]
I read that as "nasty" not tasty! LOL I was like THAT WAS RUDE! :huh:

MissScripture

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1323919275' post='2351491']
I read that as "nasty" not tasty! LOL I was like THAT WAS RUDE! :huh:
[/quote]
That made me laugh (out loud, for real!), because I do use the word nasty a lot. I used to use it alllllll the time. And my sister would mock me and go around saying, "That's naaasssssty, Sarah, that's naaaaasssssty!"

dominicansoul

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1323907309' post='2351400']
Well, I'm done with one kind of cookie, and some dishes, and supper. Eggs have been a pain in the butt to crack, today, for some reason! Luckily no egg shells in the cookies!
[/quote]

you used "butt" and "crack" in the same sentence :hehe2: