An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can I Be Church Militant?

Little Flower

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1323222982' post='2345965']
Fruit of the Month Club? :woot:

My bad though, I honestly thought you had to ask for it. :blush:
[/quote]
don't worry about it. we haven't had a nomination thread in awhile. :)

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1323223052' post='2345969']
Thank you for your helpfulness in answering the question of a relatively new member of Phatmass who would have no reasonable way to know the specifics of the question that he asked.

It's no wonder most people don't sign up to be members of this forum. Y'all can be quite hostile when new guys/gals ask questions.
[/quote]
God bless you. :)

dominicansoul

Thank you for your helpfulness in answering the question of a relatively new member of Phatmass who would have no reasonable way to know the specifics of the question that he asked.

It's no wonder most people don't sign up to be members of this forum. Y'all can be quite hostile when new guys/gals ask questions.
[/quote]

rotfl nooooo Jaime was just being hilarious!!!

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1323222593' post='2345947']What exactly does it mean to be Church Militant here on PM? I mean, we're all Church Militant in real life, but what's the tag for? What does it signify?[/quote]
Well, for one, it means that the person knows what they're talking about in terms of the Church, and can be mostly trusted.

benefits are more props, and i'm not sure if they can edit after the 30 second limit or not?

[/quote]

No asking questions!!! :bash: :boink:

GeorgiiMichael

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323223353' post='2345980']
Well, for one, it means that the person knows what they're talking about in terms of the Church, and can be mostly trusted.

benefits are more props, and i'm not sure if they can edit after the 30 second limit or not?
[/quote]
Can anyone nominate a person for Church Militant, or can only people who are already members of Church Militant nominate new members?

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1323223584' post='2345990']
Can anyone nominate a person for Church Militant, or can only people who are already members of Church Militant nominate new members?
[/quote]
usually a person who is already CM nominates someone who is not...and it carries more weight. (usually. not excepting for dUSt's whims.)

[quote name='Oremoose' timestamp='1323222163' post='2345925']

Why are you so sour towards their generosity? Should we not share in our sisters joy?

[/quote]

Because it ain't fair!

I've waited patiently for a Church Militant tag, and Ive been on here longer. And have slightly more post. And I have earned a few battle scars from my tours in the Debate Table.

And, I believe their was once a rule that stated "If thou asks for a tag, than thou shalt not receiveth it."

AND IT AIN'T FAIR!!

Also, when I first came to this board, there were three types of people I looked up to, Church Militants, Church Scholars, and MIkolbe. Now if they just start handing out tags to any Joe Smith who finds himself wandering through Phat-land, than what happens to the dignity of these tags? It deteriorates, and then the only person I have to look up to is Mlkolbe.

*grumble grumble grumble*

(Nothing against Little Flower. She's amesome.)

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323221695' post='2345899']
I think peeps should wait to be nominated. Asking for a tag is like asking to be recognized for your humility-it doesn't make sense.

And I think a poster should have more than 378 posts to get one.
[/quote]

I agree.

brandelynmarie

[/quote]

Please remember alot of the emotional content (funny sarcasm, wit, etc.) gets lost in translation so to speak with the posts. Emoticons/smilies help, but we do have some incredibly funny pholks on here who love the Church very much. :)

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1323223974' post='2346005']
you should wait for your religious tag...

nooooooooo your CLERGY tag!!! :w00t:
[/quote]

I have been...

But the "fact of life" is that no matter how much I beg or bride or make sandwiches, I WONT GET IT UNTIL I'M ACTUALLY CLERGY.

It ain't fair.

*grumble grumble*

Edited by BigJon16

[/quote]

Georgi

It's called being silly.

GeorgiiMichael

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1323223999' post='2346008']

Please remember alot of the emotional content (funny sarcasm, wit, etc.) gets lost in translation so to speak with the posts. Emoticons/smilies help, but we do have some incredibly funny pholks on here who love the Church very much. :)
[/quote]
I wasn't saying that jaime was being hostile, I'm just citing earlier experiences I've had on this forum. Being funny is one thing, but being funny and not answering legitimate questions is another. Phatmass is one of the strangest forums I've ever been on. Spouting downright rude things one minute, touting Christian charity the next, and then the general unwillingness to give straight answers before being called out on it.

Now, there are some great people on this forum, no doubt about it, but it's very clique-y and that keeps people from joining. Have you noticed the "online members" count down at the bottom of the page recently? There is usually close to 100 people who aren't members browsing the forums at any given time, while there are only 20 or so members who are members. Sure, some of those 100 may be members who aren't currently signed in, but that's unlikely. Those people don't make accounts because they see the hostility and the cliques that are here, and they don't want to be part of it. We're all part of the Universal Church here, why are people uncomfortable to be here? I left for close to a month because of it. I only came back because 2 of my real life friends are members of this forum.

Phatmass needs to make some changes in how it reacts to new members, or they will have fewer and fewer new members.

/threadhijack

I remember when they gave me the CS. I thought they'd lost their minds. Bit like giving the car keys to a 10 year old.