Sign in to follow this  
JoyfulLife

Where Wholesome, Godly Spouses Are To Be Found?

JoyfulLife
Hello,

So I wonder, I don't see it in my area, but I saw some really wholesome, innocent in every way, homeschooled, godly, spiritual, loving, kind men in their twenties near a shrine in the past. But I don't live there. Where are such people to be found? Yes, I'm just thinking ahead and curious as to the answers. :)

krissylou
Des Moines. They're all in Des Moines.

:|

Okay that was a lie. I made that up. There's nothing special about Des Moines.

"Innocent in every way" people (or anywhere close) are found in heaven. Only in heaven. And in heaven there is no marrying nor giving in marriage.

Between now and then there are a bunch of sorry characters. Including me. Including you. And including everyone else around.

That having been said, lots of churches have strong young adults' ministries and those people marry each other on a frequent basis! Edited by krissylou

MissyP89
Appearances can be deceiving.

And half the fun of discerning marriage is growing together. You're going to be hard-pressed to find a man who's already perfect.

MissScripture
[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1323736755' post='2350032']
Appearances can be deceiving.

And half the fun of discerning marriage is growing together. You're going to be hard-pressed to find a man who's already perfect.
[/quote]
The only man who is perfect is Jesus. :) My mom once told my sister she'd never find a man who was perfect, because my sister was having boy issues. So, what does my sister do? She joins the convent to marry Jesus. :hehe2:
But yes, we all have our imperfections and part of the point of marriage is to help each other improve. And I'd be awfully wary of anyone who seems too perfect to begin with.

Totus Tuus
I found mine while wandering around Florida and Georgia as a field agent for Students for Life of America. He was hiding in a Newman Club lounge at a big school in Florida... but I found him! haha!

got2luvjc
I believe they're on a pirate ship in the South Pacific. If you hurry, you can catch up with them before then pass thru the Bermuta Triangle.

Little Flower
ME!!!!!*

[size=1]*offer not valid at all times. Cannot be redeemed if currently in a convent. Only applicable to male applicants. This may not be combined with any other offers. Subject to restrictions, see ME! for more details.[/size] Edited by Little Flower

MissyP89
Another thought I've been considering, thanks to Cherie's excellent post:

She's correct in saying to have standards, and even "dealbreaker" items on your list. But the key is to not be so rigid with them that your heart is closed to what God may be trying to accomplish by bringing certain people in your life.

When I first met my boyfriend, he didn't have many of the things I needed in a man. Then, as we started to spend time together, something happened: he started to change. God started to work on his heart. And it wasn't until months later that I realized he made a complete 180-degree transformation into someone I wanted to be with.

So I guess what I'm saying is to not be so quick to write a man off because he has certain flaws. Holiness, remember, is a process. Edited by MissyP89

Strictlyinkblot
I used to love reading romances, trashy or otherwise. I wanted the perfect hero. Then I grew up and realised that there's no perfect men or perfect heros this side of heaven. There will be times when they let you down and you let them down, that they just plain annoy you. For me I gradually came to realise that I didn't want to settle for a man, I wanted the perfect man. Jesus is my soul mate, he will never let me down (even if it feels that way sometimes), he will love me perfectly always and forever.