An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown To The Retreat

Lil'Monster

Queen'sDaughter

You girls are too funny! Don't anyone collapse from excitement now!

Seriously, I hope and pray that the retreat will help you all find your proper path, and shine light upon your journey. Retreats did for me!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Oremoose' timestamp='1326088498' post='2365548']
I'm Back! my Retreat was amesome!

Now I sleeep!
[/quote]
Good, tell us about it once you've slept.

That was the best retreat ever! The Sisters are so avvesome down there... and Sr. Mary Grace was as funny and girlish as ever (though she looks tired and even thinner) ... and I spoon fed a resident, un-decorated, and almost killed mysisterisalittlesister and oh my goodness the novices are like wow and... okay so basically, it was the best weekend I’ve ever had. :)

Oh, and I didn’t talk to Sister because at first I was surprised at how timid, sweet, cute and giggly she was... I had kind of forgotten how she was in the time she has been away and was like... you know Lord, I don’t know if I can do it... but then I heard an avvesome homily about discernment on Sunday and the Priest specifically said that it’s good to talk to a Sister. Well, I was going to then talk to her but had no time... but when she gave me a hug goodbye she said, “Oh, I’ll see you on Wednesday and Thursday okay?” I’d forgotten she was coming to our home to pay her respects at the wake and funeral of our 100 y.o. Sister. So I decided that when she’s not talking to someone I’ll ask her if we could maybe talk on like the fourth floor and spill it to her.

It was great. :)

Katiebobatie94

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1326123554' post='2365664']
That was the best retreat ever! The Sisters are so avvesome down there... and Sr. Mary Grace was as funny and girlish as ever (though she looks tired and even thinner) ... and I spoon fed a resident, un-decorated, and almost killed mysisterisalittlesister and oh my goodness the novices are like wow and... okay so basically, it was the best weekend I’ve ever had. :)

Oh, and I didn’t talk to Sister because at first I was surprised at how timid, sweet, cute and giggly she was... I had kind of forgotten how she was in the time she has been away and was like... you know Lord, I don’t know if I can do it... but then I heard an avvesome homily about discernment on Sunday and the Priest specifically said that it’s good to talk to a Sister. Well, I was going to then talk to her but had no time... but when she gave me a hug goodbye she said, “Oh, I’ll see you on Wednesday and Thursday okay?” I’d forgotten she was coming to our home to pay her respects at the wake and funeral of our 100 y.o. Sister. So I decided that when she’s not talking to someone I’ll ask her if we could maybe talk on like the fourth floor and spill it to her.

[/quote]

yeahh i totally agree, it was an absoutely amazing weekend!! i can't stop thinking about it, and it was really amesome to see all msals, bill, and i<3franciscans.....it was really razzle dazzle and encouraging to see all the novices too :) they were really amesome to talk to and just to see them was pretty amesome....yeahh basically it was the BEST weekend ever!! :)

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1326123554' post='2365664']

[/quote]

Define 'Almost killed'!!!

I'm so glad you had a good time on the retreat. I think you're right to wait to spill your guts. I would imagine it'll be easier to get her on your own. Maybe drop her an email or something and just say you want to talk to her when she comes over.

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1325975096' post='2364611']
retreat food is always amazing.

especially tacos. :|

rotfl
[/quote]

Yeah...it sure is good. :P

Sister kind of just gave us plates and told us that we could go up and get what we want. It happens to be that I'm allergic to some dairy products and have a small reaction to peanuts and I'd forgotten my pills so that I could eat. I didn't mind not eating that night and in the mornings... :hehe2:

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1326259530' post='2366781']
suspence
[/quote]

Quiet down chica... it's not suspense it's excitement! :woot:

Guest hermanita

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1326302710' post='2366974']
Tomorrow!!!!!! Less than 24 hours now till I leave!!!!!
[/quote]

I wish you joy and openness! pray for me.

[quote name='hermanita' timestamp='1326314391' post='2367124']
I wish you joy and openness! pray for me.
[/quote]
Thanks! and I will be praying for you.