An Old School Catholic Message Board

Real Catholic Tv's Statement

Lil Red

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1326369969' post='2367513']
Interesting is that is what my non-Catholics friends do. That is find a church that preaches what they believe. Not too hard to be obedient when your superiors are preaching to the choir and you are in the choir.
[/quote]

Well, it does seem that some Catholics want to remake the Church in their own image. My brother would say if they don't like the rules, find another club! Good thing he isn't a Catholic huh? My philosophy is, if I like the club, then keep the rules! :P

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1326370279' post='2367515']
Well, it does seem that some Catholics want to remake the Church in their own image. My brother would say if they don't like the rules, find another club! Good thing he isn't a Catholic huh? My philosophy is, if I like the club, then keep the rules! :P
[/quote]

Yes. I tell me family if you are Catholic, then BE Catholic everywhere all the time. Learn it, live it, be it.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1326370622' post='2367518']
Yes. I tell me family if you are Catholic, then BE Catholic everywhere all the time. Learn it, live it, be it.
[/quote]

There isn't much that I find hard to accept, but even if there were, I would try to focus on the essentials. It isn't about this life, it's about the next. And St Paul tells us that the suffering we experience in this life is nothing compared to the glory that we will know in heaven. So really, is it worth losing one's soul over things that are only of this world anyway?

AccountDeleted

Voris' disobedience seems to be a trend...

[quote]

[size=6][url="http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2012/01/dismissing-and-dissing-bishops/"]Dismissing — and dissing — bishops[/url][/size]

Jan 12th, 2012 by [url="http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/author/deacon-greg-kandra/"]Deacon Greg Kandra[/url]

[url="http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/deaconsbench/files/2012/01/BISHOP-460x307.jpg"][img]http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/deaconsbench/files/2012/01/BISHOP-460x307.jpg[/img][/url]
Wherein Msgr. Charles Pope, from the Archdiocese of Washington, [b][url="http://blog.adw.org/2012/01/is-being-a-bishop-like-herding-cats-it-shouldnt-be/"]vents: [/url][/b][indent]
[b]I am well aware of the (often legitimate) frustrations by some Catholics [/b]that the Bishops, either individually or collectively have not always shepherded in a clearer way; a way that both disciplined dissenters and corrected liturgical abuses and also encouraged those who tried to remain faithful. I get that. These have been difficult decades for the Church and for our culture.

[b]But frustrations should not be permitted to draw us, even subtly, toward a posture that practically speaking severs our union with the bishops.[/b] Some of the comments that routinely come in to the blog here are quite shocking in their sweeping dismissal of the bishops, even the Pope. Some of them are so strong that I cannot post them. What makes them particularly shocking is that, these days, most of the comments of this sort come from those who would define themselves as conservative Catholics. That reflects somewhat the readership of this blog (i.e. more conservative), but it is shocking to hear conservative Catholics use the language that I had always associated with dissenters back in the 1970s and 80s.

[b]In effect the dissenters of that time would dismissively opine[/b] that the Pope and bishops were out of touch and really knew little of what they were talking about when it came to sex and contraception, further, that bishops should listen to the faithful and get out of people’s bedrooms. They would also indicate that the bishops and the Church had all the wrong priorities and were not credible leaders; that the faithful could safely disregard their directives in any number of matters, especially sex. Thus a kind of parallel magisterium of experts and activists on the left generally worked to undermine respect for true Church authority, and sought to set forth their own priorities and interpretations of Church teaching and law. In their world, being a Catholic was an increasingly “self-defined” thing, and authority in the Church, to the degree it existed at all for them, was pretty theoretical.

[b]Enter the conservatives – [/b]Yet, as I say, many of these attitudes, some times more subtly expressed, are now coming from more conservative circles in the Church. In the end there is a widespread dismissal of the role of the local bishop and or the bishops in general to shepherd the Church, set priorities, and to be a source of unity for the local Church.

[b]Sometimes this dismissal comes in a legalistic way[/b] such that many will say, “If something isn’t infallibly taught by the Pope, or if the bishop isn’t repeating dogmatic teaching, I can wholly ignore them.” Perhaps this is true in a purely legal sense, but really, if we believe that our bishops are anointed by God to lead us, should they have to always meet this high criteria? Should we not remain open even to non-infallible teachings, and, as a general norm, accede to the just and reasonable directions set by our shepherds? Are their prudential judgements of no importance to us at all?

[b]The second common way that many are dismissive of the Bishops [/b](and even the Pope at times) is more attitudinal. For example, “Oh to heck with that stupid bishop, he’s just an idiot and shill for the left. He’s all wrong on immigration, and doesn’t emphasize abortion enough in his sermons and letters…to heck with him.”[/indent]
[url="http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2012/01/dismissing-and-dissing-bishops/"]http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2012/01/dismissing-and-dissing-bishops/[/url]

[/quote]

FutureCarmeliteClaire

That is not good that this guy is not being obedient (or humble for that matter). He has not taught anything heretical, so of course I don't agree witht he bishop when he should be cracking down on women priest organizations who use the name Catholics. I do quite enjoy Voris, but this makes me sad.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1326372185' post='2367529']
That is not good that this guy is not being obedient (or humble for that matter). He has not taught anything heretical, so of course I don't agree witht he bishop when he should be cracking down on women priest organizations who use the name Catholics. I do quite enjoy Voris, but this makes me sad.
[/quote]

The women 'priests' are obviously not in alignment with Rome anyway, but Voris is claiming to be a 'real Catholic' so he should at least be obeying his Bishop. The women are already disobedient to Rome so they are hardly going to care if they are told not to use the name Catholic!!!! If Voris is putting himself on the same level as these women, then he obviously isn't a 'real Catholic' anyway.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1326372366' post='2367531']
The women 'priests' are obviously not in alignment with Rome anyway, but Voris is claiming to be a 'real Catholic' so he should at least be obeying his Bishop. The women are already disobedient to Rome so they are hardly going to care if they are told not to use the name Catholic!!!! If Voris is putting himself on the same level as these women, then he obviously isn't a 'real Catholic' anyway.
[/quote]
I see what you mean, you are right, but they still shouldn't be using the name "Catholic" because they're heretics. Anywho, Voris is a real Catholic, he's just being a disobedient real Catholic. :( I am sad.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1326372813' post='2367534']
I see what you mean, you are right, but they still shouldn't be using the name "Catholic" because they're heretics. Anywho, Voris is a real Catholic, he's just being a disobedient real Catholic. :( I am sad.
[/quote]

You should be sad because it is sad that he is being disobedient. You can pray for him.

As for the women, if they are being heretics, then they are going to use whatever name they want and not care. There are many people who call themselves Catholics who are not. But if someone is out there in the public eye, claiming to represent 'real Catholics' then he should at least act like one.

We can all pray for him.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1326373014' post='2367536']
You should be sad because it is sad that he is being disobedient. You can pray for him.

As for the women, if they are being heretics, then they are going to use whatever name they want and not care. There are many people who call themselves Catholics who are not. But if someone is out there in the public eye, claiming to represent 'real Catholics' then he should at least act like one.

We can all pray for him.
[/quote]
I am going to pray for him. The statement uses 0 humility, and I just keep thinking ST. TERESA OF AVILA! We should ask her to intercede for him.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Even if they weren't going to comply (which they should), they could at least used some humility in the statement...

It is more than likely these women 'priests' clubs have heard from their true bishop, but not publicly. Typically, the bishop does his work in private first, and typically it is the person/group that makes it public...usually claiming to be right and a victim. Then it goes public, the bishop must make a public statement. This exact scenario happened in recent years with a Kennedy...surprise, surprise.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1326374688' post='2367545']
It is more than likely these women 'priests' clubs have heard from their true bishop, but not publicly. Typically, the bishop does his work in private first, and typically it is the person/group that makes it public...usually claiming to be right and a victim. Then it goes public, the bishop must make a public statement. This exact scenario happened in recent years with a Kennedy...surprise, surprise.
[/quote]
Wow, that is crazy. Yes, there are some wacko bishops out there who would allow that, but the whole Voris situation (on both ends) bothers me royally.

dominicansoul

I believe that the Vatican excommunicates any bishop "ordaining" women, and those women who participate in such "ordinations."

I found this on one of those "women-priests" websites:

[b][i]Response Regarding Excommunication Decree[/i][/b]
[i][b]Roman Catholic Womenpriests reject the penalty of excommunication issued by the Vatican Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith on May 29, 2008 stating that the “women priests and the bishops who ordain them would be excommunicated latae sententiae.” Roman Catholic Womenpriests are loyal members of the church who stand in the prophetic tradition of holy obedience to the Spirit’s call to change an unjust law that discriminates against women. Our movement is receiving enthusiastic responses on the local, national and international level. We will continue to serve our beloved church in a renewed priestly ministry that welcomes all to celebrate the sacraments in inclusive, Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered communities wherever we are called[/b]. [/i]