An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

Oh, boy, this brings back some memories from LONG ago!

Tacitus.

I definitely can recommend Tacitus for sleeping assistance. It was so bad I literally had to read the whole thing in moving public transit vehicles because even I couldn't sleep in those. Needed the jogging to keep my eyes open...

Are you still hunting any of the Aristotle and Plato - think I might still have a few penguins hiding in my garage... ;) Not sure but a distinct possibility...

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1333995656' post='2414993']
This thread needs additions, its been dormant for far too long.

I am an RA now!

[/quote]

So, when I apply to Franciscan, you can..you know.. "talk to some people" for me?

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1333995656' post='2414993']
No problem, Jon! Anything for you, man!!

[/quote]

Thanks bro!! I appreciate it. **fist bumb** :)

Edited by BigJon16

Haha I did laugh, mainly because I really can't do anything for him. Actually if he's coming in here as a freshman housing is really easy, its a pain otherwise, but as a freshman its really easy.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1334428822' post='2417761']
Oh I laughed at AnneLine's post, not his. :sweat: Lottery system after Freshman year for housing?
[/quote]

I wish. Nope, we have a housing fair. Meaning standing in line for at least 8 hours to get into the dorm you want.

Oh that's what my undergrad did too. I guess that's a perk of your job though, getting into the dorm they assign you and not having to stand in line. :)

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1334440198' post='2417849']
Oh that's what my undergrad did too. I guess that's a perk of your job though, getting into the dorm they assign you and not having to stand in line. :)
[/quote]

Absolutely. Although people here made it into a lot of fun, I went by the line a couple of times and people were just hanging out, playing frisbee, etc. It was like a giant all day party.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1334529061' post='2418308']
Today I Learned my college was full of sourpusses who didn't know how to have fun in line!
[/quote]

Ouch, same occasion?

Oh no, just meant that from reading your post and comparing the all day party to the gloomy lines of when I was in undergrad. :) Everyone was always cranky at my college about it, not having fun with things like frisbee. Though I have to ask, could you tell if it was frisbee or ultimate frisbee?

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1334529330' post='2418311']
Oh no, just meant that from reading your post and comparing the all day party to the gloomy lines of when I was in undergrad. :) Everyone was always cranky at my college about it, not having fun with things like frisbee. Though I have to ask, could you tell if it was frisbee or ultimate frisbee?
[/quote]

Just throwing one around, not really enough room next to the line for a full game of ultimate. We have intramural ultimate going on right now though.