An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

Really nothing I could do.  

Apart from break into my boss' boss' office and change your housing.  But I like my job, so I really can't help.  

Also, that post was on page three of this thread. This is page eighteen.  

You callin' me slow?

Finally home.  It's really, really good to be here.  

Also, I saw the Hobbit during the midnight premier.  WOW.  Childhood, relived.  

I had forgotten how scary watching sports with my dad was.  I've never seen a human's face so red.  It's not even the NCAA tournament yet Dad! 

Glad you're home, though I LOLed at your dad.

Haha, I'm actually visiting my relatives in Florida.  My dad is an... impassioned sports fan, to say the least.  

Between Les Miserables today, which is possibly one of the best movies I've ever seen, and It's a Wonderful Life I'm on great movie overload right now.  

Les Miserables was, surprisingly, very Catholic.  I honestly don't think that more than 5 minutes went by where there wasn't some reference to prayer or a scene with a crucifix on the wall.  There were some incredible scenes in Church's, these were seriously some of the most beautiful scenes.  Just everything about that movie was phenomenal, I can't recommend it highly enough.  

Going back to school in 3 days.  The more time passes the more I realize that the quote "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans" has a lot of truth.  I'm so unrealistic in my goals, especially over breaks.  At least I finished some of the stuff I had to, and I still have time to finish the rest.  

Alex, what classes are you taking this semester? 

PS it is taking every ounce of self control to not post a thread with the commercial you were in! Don't be surprised if it pops up. 

Alex, what classes are you taking this semester? 

PS it is taking every ounce of self control to not post a thread with the commercial you were in! Don't be surprised if it pops up. 

I'm taking Medieval World, History of Islam, Theology of the Church, Christian Marriage, Microeconomics, Leadership Seminar, and hopefully PBS II with Bergsma.  You?

And so help me if that commercial pops up. 

Got into Dr. Bergsma's class! Now I need to find time for the reading. 

Have you considered grad school?  This is a very grad school quote. :P 

Though quite frankly, with your courseload, I'd be saying the same thing right now.

Have you considered grad school?  This is a very grad school quote. :P

Though quite frankly, with your courseload, I'd be saying the same thing right now.

I'm hoping to go to grad school for theology.  And that courseload isn't as bad as it seems, it's only 18 credits.