An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1328115319' post='2378961']
I think the baby thinks he is a college kid. He stays up till 2 or 3 and sleeps all day. :hehe:
[/quote]

He's living the life.

MissScripture

He actually went to sleep before midnight and slept until 4:30! Apparently, college life was catching up with him. :hehe2:

Amp, why is your gf the best? :)

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1328703883' post='2383588']
He actually went to sleep before midnight and slept until 4:30! Apparently, college life was catching up with him. :hehe2:

Amp, why is your gf the best? :)
[/quote]

She puts up with me. Friday night (last week) the plan was to go to dinner off campus (kinda) and just spend the evening together, but I had a project that I had to turn in Saturday morning. So I finished up by 6:45, and we walked down the hill from campus to the restaurant. Turns out, the restaurant closes at 7 on Fridays, which is different from last semester. So ended up walking back up the hill, and we got food from the grill in the student center. So at this point, I felt really bad about screwing up our plans. We ended up going back to my dorm, and having a picnic of sorts in my room, and had a really nice evening.

So after messing up our evening, she was still happy to sow a button on my jacket, which I needed for an interview the next day. She is the best.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1328711314' post='2383634']
most likely she has mastered the art of sammich making. this is a joyful event, indeed!
[/quote]

well, she did bake cookies for me and a bunch of my friends for a super bowl party.

Bump.

I'm currently overdosing on Plato. Much like overdosing on anything else, it really isn't a pleasant experience.

I'm debating whether or not I should figure out how much reading I actually have a week. On the one hand, it would allow me to budget my time much more effectively, but on the other hand, its probably going to be incredibly depressing to look at exactly how much I have to do.

For someone who likes reading as much as I do, I complain about it a lot.

Think about it on the bright side: you could also look at the amount you have to do so you know exactly how much procrastinating you're allowed each week. Nothing like emphasizing the carrot instead of the stick for improving your attitude.

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1329075538' post='2385970']
Think about it on the bright side: you could also look at the amount you have to do so you know exactly how much procrastinating you're allowed each week. Nothing like emphasizing the carrot instead of the stick for improving your attitude.
[/quote]

That's the problem, I don't really have time to procrastinate. :cry:

Edited by Amppax

• 1 month later...

This thread needs additions, its been dormant for far too long.

I love college, and yet i'm working my butt off so I can get out and get on with my life. Graduating in three years is concurrently looking like a great and awful idea.

Being an RA is going to stink. Being an RA and taking more classes than is healthy is going to be awful.

Alleluia! It's been far too long since I've gotten to sing that :)

I love being a theology and history major.

I love honors.

I love spring.

Glad things are going so well! And as someone who roomed with an RA for two years, yes, it is going to stink. :|

And amen, I missed the Alleluia and the Gloria too!

People say college years are the best times of your life. They ain't. They are good, but they ain't best. If they were, then the nest 50+ years is what???? You have a lot of awes0me stuff ahead you. ENJOY!!!!!

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1333998436' post='2415022']
Glad things are going so well! And as someone who roomed with an RA for two years, yes, it is going to stink. :|

And amen, I missed the Alleluia and the Gloria too!
[/quote]

One of the perks of being an RA here is that you don't have to have a roommate. As I operate on a strange schedule (I probably sleep more during the day than at night) It will be nice to know I'm not disturbing anyone.

This thread (and my overall number of posts, is about to grow exponentially. I never realized how much free time RA's have. I'm going to spend all my time on here for the next year.

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1334150676' post='2415720']
One of the perks of being an RA here is that you don't have to have a roommate. As I operate on a strange schedule (I probably sleep more during the day than at night) It will be nice to know I'm not disturbing anyone.
[/quote]

Oh that is a nice perk!! :) The only thing that was disturbing about rooming with J. (other than our other roommate whose girlfriend moved in until she failed out) was his tendency to leave used condoms on the floor. :| Really, you get used to the 3am drunks coming back and locking themselves out of their rooms when the bars close.

Also for sleeping at day, may I recommend reading the Communist Manifesto? I find it's better than CSPAN at putting me to sleep.