An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

Chrysophylax

Same here! Although I have been pleasantly surprised by the grades I got on some recent papers. I can never really convince myself that my papers don't stink until after they get a grade. ( Although sometimes that doesn't help! :P )

Amppax, I like your thread! I am looking forward to going to Steubenville, and the more I hear the more excited I get! It won't be for a while, though, because I am doing my generals first at a community college. I will get there though, eventually! I can't wait! :D

[quote name='Chrysophylax' timestamp='1334720689' post='2420016']
Same here! Although I have been pleasantly surprised by the grades I got on some recent papers. I can never really convince myself that my papers don't stink until after they get a grade. ( Although sometimes that doesn't help! :P )

Amppax, I like your thread! I am looking forward to going to Steubenville, and the more I hear the more excited I get! It won't be for a while, though, because I am doing my generals first at a community college. I will get there though, eventually! I can't wait! :D
[/quote]

Thanks, and that's amesome! This is a really great place to be. I'm going to be here for 2 more years after this, and AudreyGrace will be here for another 3. TPO is also up here, but I'm not sure if he's graduating this year or next year. There might be others of us phat-types up here, but I don't know them. When you make your way up here let us know!

Quick story on papers, I recently turned in a 5 page paper on Aristotle to one of the most rigorous and demanding professors here. His degree is in Aristotelian philosophy (or Thomistic, pretty much the same) and he is without a doubt the hardest professor here (ok some would argue that point). I wrote the paper the morning it was due in about 2 hours, ON THE LION KING, and didn't proof-read before I turned it in. I ended up getting my highest grade on a paper in college so far. While I wouldn't recommend this course of action ever, it was a big feeling of accomplishment getting that paper back.

Edited by Amppax

Chrysophylax

HaHa! That is amesome! It always feels great to do really well on something when you least expect to! Especially when its last minute and you panic about it! I'm a bit of a procrastinator myself, so I have known this feeling. (One of my favorite phrases is "Procrastinators unite! ....Tomorrow." :P )

I'm hoping I will have my generals done and will be down at FUS in about 1.5 or 2 years. I'm not starting at the community college until this fall. Hopefully I will still catch some Phatmass people down there when I go!

[quote name='Chrysophylax' timestamp='1334721921' post='2420023']
HaHa! That is amesome! It always feels great to do really well on something when you least expect to! Especially when its last minute and you panic about it! I'm a bit of a procrastinator myself, so I have known this feeling. (One of my favorite phrases is "Procrastinators unite! ....Tomorrow." :P )

I'm hoping I will have my generals done and will be down at FUS in about 1.5 or 2 years. I'm not starting at the community college until this fall. Hopefully I will still catch some Phatmass people down there when I go!
[/quote]

amesome! I may still be around then, who knows, but there will be at least one of us up here still. Who knows, I may decide to stay and get my masters. Stranger things have happened.

Its scary how fast i'm putting together this paper. Whatever prayers y'all saying for me, they are working and then some. I may get to bed before 2!

This last week has been so crazy, just a recap for all:

I wrote a 6 page paper and a 11 page paper in one night. in about 4 and 1/2 hours each. So exhausting.

I slept about 6 hours between Monday and Thursday of last week.

I got inducted into my household! Servant Caesar! RYD!

All in all, a great week.

Chrysophylax

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1335190819' post='2422166']
This last week has been so crazy, just a recap for all:

I wrote a 6 page paper and a 11 page paper in one night. in about 4 and 1/2 hours each. So exhausting.

I slept about 6 hours between Monday and Thursday of last week.

I got inducted into my household! Servant Caesar! RYD!

All in all, a great week.
[/quote]
Holy Swiss coagulated milk! Good work! Congrats! Doesn't it feel great when the pressure is off for a bit? Hope you get time to catch up on lost sleep!

[quote name='Chrysophylax' timestamp='1335216393' post='2422356']
Holy Swiss coagulated milk! Good work! Congrats! Doesn't it feel great when the pressure is off for a bit? Hope you get time to catch up on lost sleep!
[/quote]

Haha thanks. Probably won't be catching up anytime soon, but that's ok, I'll be able to sleep when I get home.

Just realized that I'm about to go home, and so is my girlfriend. Unfortunately home is 1000 miles away from each other for us. :( It'll only be a month and a half (I hope, maybe 2) but either way, no me gusta. I'm grateful that I'm going to be able to see her a for a couple weeks this summer though.

I'm putting this in writing so I don't forget. I'm going to become a better student. Y'all, hold me to this, just 'cause I get good grades doesn't mean I'm doing good.

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1335237448' post='2422486']
I'm putting this in writing so I don't forget. I'm going to become a better student. Y'all, hold me to this, just 'cause I get good grades doesn't mean I'm doing good.
[/quote]

I needed to see this right about now.

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1334721393' post='2420019']
Thanks, and that's amesome! This is a really great place to be. I'm going to be here for 2 more years after this, and AudreyGrace will be here for another 3. TPO is also up here, but I'm not sure if he's graduating this year or next year. There might be others of us phat-types up here, but I don't know them. When you make your way up here let us know!

Quick story on papers, I recently turned in a 5 page paper on Aristotle to one of the most rigorous and demanding professors here. His degree is in Aristotelian philosophy (or Thomistic, pretty much the same) and he is without a doubt the hardest professor here (ok some would argue that point). I wrote the paper the morning it was due in about 2 hours, ON THE LION KING, and didn't proof-read before I turned it in. I ended up getting my highest grade on a paper in college so far. While I wouldn't recommend this course of action ever, it was a big feeling of accomplishment getting that paper back.
[/quote]

You don't even want to know how many times I was forced to do that.

A sense of accomplishment you say? Good for you. If you can do that well on a first draft then it means you are getting good at this.

I did the same thing with a paper I had to do for Seussical the Musical. :|

Highest grade I had in theater the entire semester, written at 3am the day it was due. I talked about how the musical was showcasing Dr. Seuss's anti-abortion and anti-war views, that all life was sacred.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1335375321' post='2423246']
I did the same thing with a paper I had to do for Seussical the Musical. :|

Highest grade I had in theater the entire semester, written at 3am the day it was due. I talked about how the musical was showcasing Dr. Seuss's anti-abortion and anti-war views, that all life was sacred.
[/quote]

Haha, nice! I'm writing a historiographical essay on the persecution of the Catholic Church during the French Revolution. 10 page minimum, I'm on page one. Thankfully, its not due until tomorrow at midnight. But its going to be a long night.

That's awful! I wish you the best of luck sir...and would like to post a relevant comic from PhD Comics.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gqyin.jpg[/img]

I have a book outline due tomorrow... <.< One due next week. Presentation next week. Syllabus due next Monday for course I'm team teaching. Paper due finals week and a final.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1335379695' post='2423272']
That's awful! I wish you the best of luck sir...and would like to post a relevant comic from PhD Comics.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gqyin.jpg[/img]

I have a book outline due tomorrow... <.< One due next week. Presentation next week. Syllabus due next Monday for course I'm team teaching. Paper due finals week and a final.
[/quote]

Haha I saw this last week. I'm thinking of making it the banner on my Facebook somehow.

And that sounds way worse than what I've got going on right now, prayers buddy!

Edited by Amppax