An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

Just thought I'd share a great prayer with y'all, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

[quote]

Prayer for Union with Jesus[indent][b]Come to me, Lord, and possess my soul. Come into my heart and permeate my soul. Help me to sit in silence with You and let You work in my heart.[/b][/indent][indent][b]I am Yours to possess. I am Yours to use. I want to be selfless and only exist in You. Help me to spoon out all that is me and be an empty vessel ready to be filled by You. Help me to die to myself and live only for You. Use me as You will. Let me never draw my attention back to myself. I only want to operate as You do, dwelling within me.[/b][/indent][indent][b]I am Yours, Lord. I want to have my life in You. I want to do the will of the Father. Give me the strength to put aside the world and let You operate my very being. Help me to act as You desire. Strengthen me against the distractions of the devil to take me from Your work.[/b][/indent][indent][b]When I worry, I have taken my focus off of You and placed it on myself. Help me not to give in to the promptings of others to change what in my heart You are making very clear to me. I worship You, I adore You and I love You. Come and dwell in me now.[/b][/indent]
[/quote]

The cheer smilie works miracles, for realz. It's helped me pass Quals and DTA pass Comps!!

Finished my freshman year, now I'm a junior! Its sad to think that I've only got two years left. This year went so fast.

brianthephysicist

Congrats man! Exciting stuff, moving on up the chain. And don't be surprised, your next two will go by even faster!

Congratulations, and like Brian said, it'll go by before you know it! And holy cow you took a lot of credits to jump straight to Junior haha.

brianthephysicist

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1336750317' post='2429788']
Congratulations, and like Brian said, it'll go by before you know it! And holy cow you took a lot of credits to jump straight to Junior haha.
[/quote]
It's really not surprising, I spent 1 semester as a freshman, 1 semester as a sophomore, 2 semesters as a junior, and 4 semesters as a senior. If I only wanted one major I would've gotten out in 3 years instead of 4

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1336398985' post='2428062']
Just thought I'd share a great prayer with y'all, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.
[/quote]

This kinda reminds me of Bl. Charles' abandonment prayer...

[quote]
Father, I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures - I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands
without reserve, and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.
[/quote]

Edited by MissyP89

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1336745649' post='2429761']
Congrats man! Exciting stuff, moving on up the chain. And don't be surprised, your next two will go by even faster!
[/quote]

Haha I'm sure it will. I'm now realizing that even though I had a week more than most people, I'm going to be struggling to get my room all packed up.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1336750317' post='2429788']
[/quote]

I took a normal load, I just brought in a years worth of credit (27), and took 16 credits last semester and 19 this semester. I'm double majoring, but I'm barely going to be able to squeeze in all my requirements in three years.

Edited by Amppax

Oh taking a year's worth of credit in with you worked out well! :) That stinks about struggling to fit the requirements...

Brian, I had enough I could have double majored in PoliSci with only two more classes, but got out in four. I took 18 per semester to keep the hours and grades up for the PROMISE Scholarship that paid my tuition for all four years! It's sort of like NJ STARS.. :)

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1336792207' post='2429965']
Oh taking a year's worth of credit in with you worked out well! :) That stinks about struggling to fit the requirements...
[/quote]

It's not too bad, it just means 19 credits a semester from here on out (15 if I drop honors) and summer classes next summer (Hopefully in Gaming, Austria!!!!). My last semester I'll probably be doing a my History Thesis and Theology Thesis/Seminar (haven't decided if I just want to do a double thesis, or just seminar for the theology, we'll see) but I'll only be taking 13 credits or so.