An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Employeers Kill For Free

add

[quote name='Light and Truth' timestamp='1327333545' post='2373775']
If your household income is less than 250% of the poverty level, RXassist.org would be worth looking into for any regular prescription medications.
[/quote]

Well fortunately for us we are all young and healthy for now. I will keep in mind you suggestion though.

My wife works at our parish and I am not certain if the parish is a stand alone "business" or if the whole diocese is under the same group for the insurance. I'm hoping all the insurance is done per each parish so they can cancel it and not be fined. If they do have to cancel the insurance we will just have to find something else. We would understand but I'm sure there are many who will not.

this is aweful. How is it that using the argument for health insurance for all, that one would think to aim at promoting the real health and wellbeing of all, can actually include something that is obviously unhealthy and detrimental? Where are the funds for looking after AND supporting new-Mums and Mums to be in society?

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1327342446' post='2373845']
I am very familiar with the BAC case. I am good friends with Abbot Placid. Dr. Thierfelder is will not compromise on this.
BAC is suing the gov'ment ,[url="http://news.charlottediocese.net/component/content/article/42-rokstories/1062-belmont-abbey-college-sues-federal-government-over-new-contraception-mandate"]http://news.charlott...ception-mandate[/url]
[/quote]

Nice. Abbot Placid was my spiritual director and I keep in touch with him. Do you work in the Charlotte area? I wonder if we ever ran into each other?

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1327393364' post='2374324']
Nice. Abbot Placid was my spiritual director and I keep in touch with him. Do you work in the Charlotte area? I wonder if we ever ran into each other?
[/quote]

Yes. I live in Charlotte. Grew up in G-town. Abbot Placid was pastor of St. Michael's in G-town for a year. He was the celebrant at my wedding. Have you seen BAC's new adoration chapel?

[b] U.S. Bishops Vow To Fight HHS Edict[/b]

[url="http://www.usccb.org/news/2012/12-012.cfm"]http://www.usccb.org/news/2012/12-012.cfm[/url]

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1327407072' post='2374330']
Yes. I live in Charlotte. Grew up in G-town. Abbot Placid was pastor of St. Michael's in G-town for a year. He was the celebrant at my wedding. Have you seen BAC's new adoration chapel?
[/quote]

I have. It is gorgeous and I love the way that the cross in the adoration chapel is very similar to the one in the cemetery. The Chapel opened up my senior year and I was very blessed to have the opportunity to serve the first Mass in there after Bishop Jugis consecrated it. Isn't Father Arnsparger the pastor of St. Michael's now? He is a very holy man. I got to work with him planning and running the Lenten Youth Pilgrimage to the Abbey.

Edited by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1327426962' post='2374487']
I have. It is gorgeous and I love the way that the cross in the adoration chapel is very similar to the one in the cemetery. The Chapel opened up my senior year and I was very blessed to have the opportunity to serve the first Mass in there after Bishop Jugis consecrated it. Isn't Father Arnsparger the pastor of St. Michael's now? He is a very holy man. I got to work with him planning and running the Lenten Youth Pilgrimage to the Abbey.
[/quote]

Guess we kind of hijacked this thread. I'll PM you.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1327098780' post='2372259']
Is there any legal possibility that this could be repealed under a new administration?
[/quote]
[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1327157371' post='2372622']
How can this be legal, to mandate this?
[/quote]
If there was still minimal regard for the Constitution in this country, this mandate would not be recognized as legal at all.

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1327340691' post='2373829']
The problem is if they do choose to drop health care for their employees, such organizations will be hit with a hefty fine. If an organization employs 100 people and opts not to give them insurance, then it is fined $140,000 for the privilege to follow its conscience. Before the official announcement, the Obama administration had started trying to implement this agenda on a small scale. One group they tried to force it on was my [i]alma mater[/i] Belmont Abbey College. The Monastery and College have been locked in a court case with the administration for the last two months.

[url="http://www.becketfund.org/belmont-abbey-college-v-sebelius-2011-current/"]http://www.becketfun...s-2011-current[/url]
[/quote]
My undergrad alma mater Christendom is fighting this Obamanation too. The danger it poses to Catholic schools and other institutions serious about their Faith is very real, and not some crazy slippery-slope hysteria.

Of course, our good friends at Commonweal assure us all is well, as such organizations can simply drop health coverage or resign. (All praise Dear Leader for his Leniency!)

Of course, you can count on the "Catholic" bleeding hearts on here to dismiss this as all a lot of crazy talk by radical extremists. It's sad that standing up for basic Constitutional freedom of religion is now seen as extreme and radical, and that prominent "Catholics" are adamantly defending the State against their Church.

I e-mailed my comments on this topic to the White House. You can, too.

[url="http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments"]http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments[/url]

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1327450043' post='2374693']
I e-mailed my comments on this topic to the White House. You can, too.

[url="http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments"]http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments[/url]
[/quote]
Why bother?

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1327504093' post='2374988']
Sending comments might not change anything.

Not sending comments will definitely not change anything.
[/quote]
In vain it is

And what is the motive here of the current administration, I wonder?  To provide "free" love and the illusion of utopia   in exchange for support or vote, to enhance and gain power or dominion over mankind 

or

Mayby, it is a sincere exempt to provide wealth, health and happiness 

Go figure! 

Your church thinks contraception is wrong? Too bad. The institutions it has established will be required to buy contraception.
But because Obama is a patient and gracious ruler, those institutions will get a whole extra year to shed their core beliefs before they have to comply with his edict.
Human lives? Matters of faith? What God wants of us?
Bah! Get real. There's an election to win and a feminist- driven, abortion- worshiping left whose votes are essential.
The only faith that matters here is the hard left's belief in Obama's willingness to use -- and, if necessary, abuse -- his power to advance its goals.
Some of the things his imperial decree tells Americans really come as no great surprise. They are merely inevitable outgrowths of a brand of "health care reform" that is wrong for America in its concept and well on its way to being disastrous for America in its execution:
• Private businesses no longer manage their own affairs -- not even their relationships with their own employees.
• What were once private health insurance companies are now nothing more than government agencies. When it comes to products, coverage and cost, federal bureaucrats call the shots.
• Private individuals -- barring the action of some court that still recognizes the Constitution as the supreme law of the land and the supreme limiter of government power over the individual -- are subservient to government, and government will determine what sort of medical care they will receive, if any.
And churches? Institutions based on a belief in a power higher than government and on a moral code that aims at pleasing God rather than man? Institutions that, under the Constitution, are afforded a specific protection from government interference?
They're just anachronisms, like that very same Constitution. They stand in the way of progress. Worse, they have the temerity to resist what Obama -- a man who once said he would not want his daughters "punished with a baby" -- cynically defines as "efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams."
Over the last 39 years, since the Supreme Court went prospecting far outside the Constitution to find a right to abortion on demand, more than 50 million unborn American babies have been punished with death. Daughters and sons, they were brutally denied the right to live, to be free and to fulfill their dreams.
The court, making it up as it went along, based that decision on ephemeral "emanations" and "penumbras."
Constitutionally, what Obama is doing is worse. He is defying the unambiguous words of the First Amendment, which denies the federal government power over religious expression.
Obama's contraception requirement puts an abrupt end to the freedom of churches to operate their institutions according to the tenets of their faith.
Americans, whether they favor or oppose abortion, cannot mutely accept the continued dismantling of the Constitution by a man whose oath was to preserve, protect and defend it.