An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Employeers Kill For Free

add

[quote name='add' timestamp='1327097534' post='2372243']
The Obama administration plans to announce today that it will require all employers to comply with a new mandate in the health law providing free contraception in any health insurance they provide to women without a co-pay. Religious employers that don’t currently offer insurance that covers contraception due to moral objections must also comply with the law but have a one-year delay before they must implement the mandate, according to the
Religious institutions that do provide contraception, such as Catholic universities and hospitals, must start offering free coverage when the new rule takes effect,
[/quote]

You really just heard this? as far as "plans to announce today" this was available to read in his first draft of the proposed Obamacare before it was forced through congress. You may know also that Mitt Romney has the same healthcare program in N.H. with the same mandate, he claims to be prolife but had when seeking the office of governor pledged to " never limit a womans right to choose, or limit a teens right, even if said teens parents disagreed they would be allowed to seek a judges approval to supercede the parents wishes."

ed

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1327157371' post='2372622']
How can this be legal, to mandate this?
[/quote]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_91YOfQJ6LgY/TFedK0hSyCI/AAAAAAAAArk/9sdgu47-P18/s1600/Cartman-WHATEVA-I-DO-WHAT-I-WANT.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1327635357' post='2376015']
You really just heard this? as far as "plans to announce today" this was available to read in his first draft of the proposed Obamacare before it was forced through congress. You may know also that Mitt Romney has the same healthcare program in N.H. with the same mandate, he claims to be prolife but had when seeking the office of governor pledged to " never limit a womans right to choose, or limit a teens right, even if said teens parents disagreed they would be allowed to seek a judges approval to supercede the parents wishes."

ed
[/quote]
this is not old news!
[url="http://www.catholicnh.org/about/news/news-releases/obama-mandate/"]http://www.catholicnh.org/about/news/news-releases/obama-mandate/[/url]

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1327638752' post='2376043']
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_91YOfQJ6LgY/TFedK0hSyCI/AAAAAAAAArk/9sdgu47-P18/s1600/Cartman-WHATEVA-I-DO-WHAT-I-WANT.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Obama's governing philosophy in a nutshell.

The Affordable Care Act did many good things, primarily making health insurance affordable and available to those who might not otherwise be able to purchase it. However, it also resulted in some issues that weren’t so beneficial, and the worst of those came to light Jan. 20. 2012

The Department of Health and Human Services issued a ruling that, under the Affordable Care Act, virtually all employers must offer sterilization and contraceptive services free of charge in their employees’ health insurance plans by Aug. 1, 2013. The ruling would also cover abortifacients, or drugs that induce abortion.
Houses of worship, such as churches, synagogues and mosques, would still be exempt, but schools, hospitals and social service organizations affiliated with religious institutions would no longer be exempt.

HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius stated that the rule “will have no impact” on existing conscience protections for health care providers.

Why is this ruling so evil?[list]
[*][color=red][font=Symbol]· [/font][/color][color=red]This ruling wrong, it is dangerous to our society and amounts to an out-and-out attack on the Catholic religion. [/color]
[*][color=red][font=Symbol]· [/font][/color][color=red]Catholic hospitals and universities would be forced to offer services to their employees for free that directly contradict the teachings and beliefs of the Catholic faith.[/color]
[*][color=red][font=Symbol]· [/font][/color][color=red]Providing these services would be tantamount to asking Catholic institutions to be complicit in the prevention of life or in the possible murder of a human being, albeit one still in the mother’s womb. That is the equivalent of asking Catholic institutions to renounce their religious beliefs.[/color]
[/list]

For Catholics and the Catholic Church, this is the line drawn in the sand

Guest love2run

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1327342545' post='2373847']
This is just one step away from mandating abortion to be included. This is so diabolical.
[/quote]

Yea. The devil is saying just bow down to me, its easier. Don't obey your religion, I like disobedience so much better. This is so from the pit and smells of smoke.

Among other things, I'm convinced this is one more tactic to get more folks into a situation in which they will need to turn to the government for health "care"...this will also include all of those that receive care from Catholic/religious health care institutions.

Edited by DMcB

brandelynmarie

Did anyone else read this?

Speaking to about 3,000 people at the annual National Prayer Breakfast, Obama emphasized the importance of his Christian beliefs in his politics and personal life, arguing that his efforts to raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans, promote health insurance reform, help families with college tuition and send troops to prevent human rights abuses in Uganda were grounded in his faith.

“I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense,” Obama told the audience. “But for me, as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that ‘for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.’ ”

Obama’s remarks injected religion, a politically treacherous issue for him and for Republican front-runner Mitt Romney, into the center of the presidential race. His willingness to do so suggested a new confidence in his evolving reelection message that restoring fairness to the American economy is crucial to its long-term success.

[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/at-prayer-breakfast-and-with-birth-control-decision-obama-riles-religious-conservatives/2012/02/02/gIQAgy1blQ_story.html"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/at-prayer-breakfast-and-with-birth-control-decision-obama-riles-religious-conservatives/2012/02/02/gIQAgy1blQ_story.html[/url]

Mr. Obama attempted to quote Scripture to serve his own purposes. In doing so, he intentionally distorted that Scripture.

Jesus warned against such false teachers. “For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do to be seen by men.” (Matthew 23:4-5)

What gall, to call upon the words of Jesus Christ to justify his theft and inciting of class warfare as if he were some how a righteous person while at the same time supporting the slaughter of untold millions of unborn human beings that God himself says are his children, his creations, “..I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb “.

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1328376508' post='2380889']
Did anyone else read this?

Speaking to about 3,000 people at the annual National Prayer Breakfast, Obama emphasized the importance of his Christian beliefs in his politics and personal life, arguing that his efforts to raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans, promote health insurance reform, help families with college tuition and send troops to prevent human rights abuses in Uganda were grounded in his faith.

“I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense,” Obama told the audience. “But for me, as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that ‘for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.’ ”

Obama’s remarks injected religion, a politically treacherous issue for him and for Republican front-runner Mitt Romney, into the center of the presidential race. His willingness to do so suggested a new confidence in his evolving reelection message that restoring fairness to the American economy is crucial to its long-term success.

[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/at-prayer-breakfast-and-with-birth-control-decision-obama-riles-religious-conservatives/2012/02/02/gIQAgy1blQ_story.html"]http://www.washingto...1blQ_story.html[/url]
[/quote]
I believe that's what the second cartoon was referring to.

Nothing but typical politician campaign trail verbal flatulence.

• 2 weeks later...

Every media outlet continues to speak of the “birth control mandate” of the federal government. That is the least of my concerns. The mandate orders all employers to provide free coverage of the “do-it-yourself-in-the-comfort-of-your-home” chemical abortions, and sterilization. The “accommodation” announced by the Obama administration changes nothing.

Now the insurance companies have been ordered to provide “free” coverage. The Catholic dioceses of New York (and several other states) became self-insured in 2003, precisely to avoid the same type of mandate imposed by the state government. The diocese is the insurance company. Private employers are also mandated to provide this coverage. What if the owner of the company is morally opposed to these practices? How bizarre. A company does not have to provide dental or vision coverage, but must provide chemical abortions.

“Free” — really? These things will be a loving gift of the pharmaceutical companies?

It is easy to mock the Catholic Church because we believe sexual activity is sacred and not recreational. The mandate issue is much more serious and far-reaching.

cmotherofpirl

The state of Washington has just introduced a bill that if you offer your employees maternity coverage you must offer your employees abortion coverage as well....