An Old School Catholic Message Board

***please Read***

Quietfire

Quietfire

I posted this in Open Mic but no responses, so I'm trying it here.

Can someone please verify that I either saw this, read this or heard this....if so, where is it, or who wrote it... so I can get a copy.
Otherwise I will be led to believe I dreamed this. (I hear twilight zone music! )

I am paraphrasing what I remember:

The Trinity can be described like a long corridor with a brilliant light at one end, signifying GOD and man at the other end. All along the corridor the walls are filled with beautiful works of art by the artist (GOD)

As we walk along the corridor and view each piece, we are filled with understanding and knowledge, growing closer in spirit toward GOD and his completeness. We see what the artist wishes to convey in each successive piece of artwork.

But as human, as man, being fallible and imperfect...the corridor never ends.

It has helped me in understanding the Trinity better.
I am sure this came from somewhere. Probably here at Phatmass, since I have spent so much time here recently.

Anybody?

PEACE and LOVE
Quietfire

phatcatholic

woh, that's profound. i've never heard that analogy before. i do a search later on today and see what i can find.

Quietfire

Hey Phatcat,

Yeah, and its freakin me out because there is NO WAY I dreamed it. I woke up yesterday morning with that memory in my head, convinced I read it here.

I did a search this morning, under 'artist' got 26 pages and.... nuttin'
I did another with the word 'corridor' and only my post came up.
I'm still searching.

P.S. Great job on the reference section bro. I must have printed out 40 pages of info. Thanks for all the work on that section.

PEACE.

cmotherofpirl

This is a good way to explain spiritual growth and sanctification during our lifetime.

How do you know God just didn't explain it to you?

" 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams." Acts 2:17

Quietfire

[quote]I nearly fell out of my seat. [/quote]

Gee, that sounds familiar.

[quote]How do you know God just didn't explain it to you?[/quote]

Well, because I woke up thinking that I had already heard or read it somewhere, so I figured that was what it was. I mean, I remember more than what I originally typed, but I just wanted to give a 'readers digest' version. I guess, just in case, I should sit down and write out everything I remember.

So, sofar no one is taking the credit? I might have to expand my search outside of Phatmass, huh?

PEACE

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Quietfire' date='May 6 2004, 02:16 PM']
Gee, that sounds familiar.

Well, because I woke up thinking that I had already heard or read it somewhere, so I figured that was what it was. I mean, I remember more than what I originally typed, but I just wanted to give a 'readers digest' version. I guess, just in case, I should sit down and write out everything I remember.

So, sofar no one is taking the credit? I might have to expand my search outside of Phatmass, huh?

PEACE [/quote]
just tell the Holy Spirit thank you :)

Quietfire

JAKE,

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD.

I was all excited, scrolling down to reply with the link so I could make a copy and BAM!

TEASE.

• 2 months later...

you know how some things bug the daylights out of ya?
this one did.

I finally figured out were I 'heard' this.
I didnt think it up, just like I thought. but I should of know..F.Sheed.

[quote][i]At an adult Bible study I was trying to explain the Trinity. I said today we can understand, at least in theory, more about it than Augustine because we have the work of Aquinas to stand on, and Augustine understood the Trinity better than the first Christians. My pastor criticized me, saying we couldn't understand the Trinity at all because it's a mystery. Who's right?[/i]

You are. Your pastor seems to be confused about what a mystery is. It isn't a religious truth about which we can know nothing. It's a religious truth about which we can't know everything and about which we wouldn't know anything at all if God hadn't revealed it to us.

Frank Sheed had a good way of explaining what a mystery is and isn't. He said many people--your pastor might be an example--think of it as a museum gallery into which we can't enter at all because a brick wall blocks our way. Indeed, a mystery is more like an endless gallery. No matter how far down it you walk, marvelling at the pictures, you're still no closer to the end (the end representing complete understanding). You can understand more and more, but you'll never get the whole story.

If we really "understand nothing" about the Trinity, then we can't even talk about one divine nature and three Persons. A discussion of the nature-and-Persons issue indicates we understand at least something about the Trinity.

Postscript: Sometimes Catholics who have questions about the faith are brushed off by priests who say, "Just accept it. It's a mystery." Such a reply usually manifests theological and pastoral laziness. You may have to put up with it, but don't swallow it.[/quote]

One mystery laid to rest.
The fact that I was dreaming about this is what was buggin me.

Peace.

Found it at 'Catholic Apologetics on the Internet' a link given by Ironmonk.

Edited by Quietfire