An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Grandmother's Death

Dave

I want to thank everyone who responded for their compassion. Apparently many of you have experienced the same thing. Y'all are wonderful! (((((HUGS)))))

Any one else interested in saying something may do so too.

I forgot to add that I'm feeling a little better today, but this just comes and goes. Losing a loved one isn't something you ever really "get over." But again, I appreciate your prayers. And pray for the repose of the souls of both my grandparents, would ya? Thanks.

I understand what you're going through.

I'm constantly reminded of my grandparents. They helped raise me for the first 4 1/2 years of my life, then they got me almost every summer when I was a kid.

I hate the fact that they are gone from earth... but I believe that they are in a much better place now, and I know that they will be praying for me. Think about it... the saint's in Heaven have much more powerful prayers than us little guys down here...

Also, I like to look at it as if they were gone on vacation... the time spent on earth will seem like nothing if we make it to Heaven... then we will see our loved ones again...

Heaven is just mind boggling... just... WOW.

Pax Christi,

ironmonk