An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hb, Mc And Tt's "football" Thread

HopefulBride

• 2 weeks later...

OK I am in Spokane with the sisters. Oh it feels so good to be "home" I just can't wait for the day I book myself a one-way ticket.

btw, this is a full house weekend for them so I'm staying in the Upper Room. It's soooo cozy

In other news I got a call from SrMJ today. And they have set dates for the retreat! :bounce: :woot: Its going to be the last weekend in May. So now I just have to get things figured out on my end.

Yaaaaaay! Still no news (but I'll be getting my items list from SrMJ, this makes my acceptance even more real) I keep checking my email ever minute (literally)

So I guess that means you won't be able to do the Florida internships huh? Anyways, I'm excited you got to hear from her. She has been very busy lately, please keep her and all of the sisters in your prayers.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1329772508' post='2390258']
In other news I got a call from SrMJ today. And they have set dates for the retreat! :bounce: :woot: Its going to be the last weekend in May. So now I just have to get things figured out on my end.
[/quote]

:w00t:
How wonderful!!!!

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1329784500' post='2390328']
Yaaaaaay! Still no news (but I'll be getting my items list from SrMJ, this makes my acceptance even more real) I keep checking my email ever minute (literally)

So I guess that means you won't be able to do the Florida internships huh? Anyways, I'm excited you got to hear from her. She has been very busy lately, please keep her and all of the sisters in your prayers.
[/quote]

I'm happy you're there, what a wonderful and blessed time you will have! Prayers!

Thanks for the prayers ladies. I got fitted today and went over the shopping list thoroughly with Sister Consuela. Tomorrow I get to speak to Mother... Keep praying!

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1329798872' post='2390464']
Thanks for the prayers ladies. I got fitted today and went over the shopping list thoroughly with Sister Consuela. Tomorrow I get to speak to Mother... Keep praying!
[/quote]
Still praying!
Also the FL internship thingy is still in the mix. That is part of the "figuring things out on my end". I'm waiting to hear back on those yet. I'm just praying that I will get one and that it will allow me to make this visit.
I also have no idea how to tell my mom about this second visit. We haven't really talked about any of this at all since I came back. I'm not sure how she will take it.

I will keep your intentions in my prayers especially with finding a way to tell your mom. I would suggest you not to worry so much about it and let the Holy Spirit guide you as to when is the best time to have the conversation with your mother. Perhaps talking to her after the 2nd visit when you know for sure that you intend to 100% move forward with the SMMCs. Either way, I'm praying for you.

Praying for you both.

A shopping list and a fitting!!!!

lovely. :love:

Pray for me that I can get in contact with the person I'm supposed to be counseled by, I'm trying to not be restless about it, just waiting and seeing what happens with her.

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1329840683' post='2390624']
Praying for you both.

A shopping list and a fitting!!!!

lovely. :love:

Pray for me that I can get in contact with the person I'm supposed to be counseled by, I'm trying to not be restless about it, just waiting and seeing what happens with her.
[/quote]

Definitely praying.

Prayers MC!

HB how did your talk go with Mother today?

This isn't really "football" talk but Mass today was AVVESOME. The priest decided that he is going to shake things up for Lent. Thus he is going to say daily Mass facing the altar (which is in the rubrics BTW) and he also has us coming up and gathering around the altar (kind of ends up being a half circle) for the Eucharistic prayer. He said that after tomorrow he is going to rearrange the chairs so it is more "choir to choir" style with the ambo in the middle. Just the shifts in positioning already made me look at things a little differently, in a really good way.

I may or may not have spoken with a certain Sister today. :blush: And was commanded to call her by Saturday if she didn't call me before then. Oh the joys of waiting on the Lord.

TT, that sounds so razzle dazzle!

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1329892133' post='2391024']
I may or may not have spoken with a certain Sister today. :blush: And was commanded to call her by Saturday if she didn't call me before then. Oh the joys of waiting on the Lord.

[/quote]

YAAAAAAY!

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1329862146' post='2390807']
Prayers MC!

HB how did your talk go with Mother today?

This isn't really "football" talk but Mass today was AVVESOME. The priest decided that he is going to shake things up for Lent. Thus he is going to say daily Mass facing the altar (which is in the rubrics BTW) and he also has us coming up and gathering around the altar (kind of ends up being a half circle) for the Eucharistic prayer. He said that after tomorrow he is going to rearrange the chairs so it is more "choir to choir" style with the ambo in the middle. Just the shifts in positioning already made me look at things a little differently, in a really good way.
[/quote]
My talk with Mother went very very well. We talked about what to do as far as planning to get me over there. I didn't get the MEVF grant :( but I think it's very possible for me to enter this year (I am trusting the Lord in this one) I am going to speak to the Laboure Society and the Serrans in my area and see what they say

In eiher case, it looks like I will be in Spokane by this time next year. Either as a postulant or waiting to enter.

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1329892133' post='2391024']

TT, that sounds so razzle dazzle!
[/quote]

I am so glad you got to speak to her! She has been so incredibly busy but she somehow manages to try and touch base with everyone. I have not seen her too much over the past few days (except at prayer and community meals)

MC did you get a chance to speak to your friend?