An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hb, Mc And Tt's "football" Thread

HopefulBride

HB I'm glad your talk with Mother went well. I'm sorry though that you didn't get the MEFV grant. I'm sure though that the Lord will provide in His own way. For as psalm 34 says "Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing." I'll keep praying for you!

I'm so sorry that you didn't get the grant HB, the Lord always provides in ways that we may never think of.

But soon you will be in Spokane, as a postulant or waiting still but you'll be close to the Sisters. The waiting you are enduring now is bearing fruit for others to persevere on their own path as well. This love that you give to our Lord and this time is not wasted.

You most definitely have my prayers.

And I haven't spoken with my friend yet, I'll probably have to call her soon.

MC did you call?

Again not really a "football" thing but I'm going to a job interview in a couple of hours. This position would mean more stable hours (but a tiny cut in pay, which in the long run would not make that much of a difference). Since in my current job I am going nowhere fast it would be great if I could get this position. (It would also mean being able to start to pay off my debt).

I am calling my "friend" sometime this morning.

If "our" friend doesn't call me by tomorrow, I have to call her. :|

Prayers for your interview!

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1330103730' post='2392279']
MC did you call?

Again not really a "football" thing but I'm going to a job interview in a couple of hours. This position would mean more stable hours (but a tiny cut in pay, which in the long run would not make that much of a difference). Since in my current job I am going nowhere fast it would be great if I could get this position. (It would also mean being able to start to pay off my debt).
[/quote]

Praying for you for the Job interview TT!!

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1330104067' post='2392281']
I am calling my "friend" sometime this morning.

If "our" friend doesn't call me by tomorrow, I have to call her. :|

Prayers for your interview!
[/quote]

You will most likely have to call her MC, she's been a bit busy lately and I know today she and SrMC are at St. Charles doing Sodality.

Yay for snow boots!
Well I'll hear back on that position on Wednesday, I think the interview went ok though.

Also HB something I was thinking about on Ash Wednesday, do the sisters receive ashes? I don't know how it would work with the corona (sp?) covering their forehead.

oh I didn't get snow boots after all :(

Yes they do get ashes, they move the corona up a little and get their ashes that way. Funny you should ask because the sisters were asking each other at dinner on Wed what was the best way to get ashes. SrMC said that when they were at the mount there was this one priest who would do it right over their whites and sisters said it use to make her so upset. lol

I can imagine SrMC being upset about getting habits dirty!
I was wondering because all the priests that I have known do really big crosses (vertical part goes from hairline down to about eyebrow level. Then the horizontal covers about half of your forehead).

HB I had idea that you might want to mention to the Serra Club. The restaurant I work at has "Give Back Nights". I think it is basically people come to the restaurant (or order take out) and when the let the server know they are there for the give back night part of their bill is donated to the non-profit that is having the Give Back Night. From what I can tell it is a pretty easy way to fund raise.

That is a great idea. One of our parishioners owns a restaurant, perhaps I can have him sponsor a give back night.

Thanks TT!

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1330383057' post='2393759']
That is a great idea. One of our parishioners owns a restaurant, perhaps I can have him sponsor a give back night.

Thanks TT!
[/quote]
I think it would be easier than putting on your own dinner! The food and the location are already taken care of!
Also I remember you mentioning something about doing a silent auction type thingy. How is that going?

That's going well. Although I'm still working on getting my big ticket item. In the meantime, I am trying to work on a back-up big ticket item.

trying to work with Serrans to bring one or two of the sisters here for the dinner.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1330379896' post='2393737']
HB I had idea that you might want to mention to the Serra Club. The restaurant I work at has "Give Back Nights". I think it is basically people come to the restaurant (or order take out) and when the let the server know they are there for the give back night part of their bill is donated to the non-profit that is having the Give Back Night. From what I can tell it is a pretty easy way to fund raise.
[/quote]

This is a good idea!
[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1330387748' post='2393789']
That's going well. Although I'm still working on getting my big ticket item. In the meantime, I am trying to work on a back-up big ticket item.

trying to work with Serrans to bring one or two of the sisters here for the dinner.
[/quote]

Do you have a Catholic Daughters of America around your area or Knights of Columbus that could help too?

Oh, and SrMJ and I are currently playing phone tag. Haven't called my "friend" yet, but things are getting interesting. All in God's time. :)