An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hb, Mc And Tt's "football" Thread

HopefulBride

MC I have been praying that you and SrMJ will be able to talk soon and that you will be able to get in touch with your "friend" sometime soon.

I'm swinging between impatience and peace about the REUs. I will start to hear back the day after tomorrow. I know that no matter what happens it is all in God's Will for me. I go between wanting to receive multiple offers, to just wanting to get accepted to only one.

Hopefully you will hear and you'll get to pick (because you'll have many many many offers :) ) I will keep you both in my prayers. I spoke with the president of the Serra club today and he's invited me to one of their meetings :woot:

How exciting HB! :w00t:

I bet you're nervous TT, don't worry, God will take care of everything.

You two are definitely in my prayers.

I got the job!! :w00t:
Guaranted 20+ hours a week. So even if the REUs don't pan out I'm in a much better place financially. God is good!
Now just to hear back on the REUs.

• 2 weeks later...
TheresaThoma

I GOT AN REU!!! Thanks be to God!!
It is in Miami June 1-August 4! So that looks like I am in the clear dates wise for the retreat!

God is so good!

HopefulBride

wahoo!!!!!! I was going to be in Miami in July but... it looks like the farthest I will go is Naples or something of the sort.

CongratsS!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoo. I am so happy for you :nun3: :nun2:

TheresaThoma

I got a call from Sister last night! I told her about the REU and she said that the rest of the sisters were going to be so happy when she told them I got it. Since I finally have that piece of my summer in place I asked her about retreat dates. She said that I could come anytime during the week of the Come and See. My plan is right now to fly in on Monday the 21st spend a couple of days and then stay for the come and see, then on Monday the 28th fly back out. I just have to figure out how I am going to pay for the plane ticket.
I also have to figure out how to tell my parents that I am going to visit the sisters again. I might just have to define this as a "treat" trip for myself.

MessorCarus

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1331430693' post='2398897']
I GOT AN REU!!! Thanks be to God!!
It is in Miami June 1-August 4! So that looks like I am in the clear dates wise for the retreat!

God is so good!
[/quote]

Yay Congrats TT!!!!!

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1331697114' post='2400466']
I got a call from Sister last night! I told her about the REU and she said that the rest of the sisters were going to be so happy when she told them I got it. Since I finally have that piece of my summer in place I asked her about retreat dates. She said that I could come anytime during the week of the Come and See. My plan is right now to fly in on Monday the 21st spend a couple of days and then stay for the come and see, then on Monday the 28th fly back out. I just have to figure out how I am going to pay for the plane ticket.
I also have to figure out how to tell my parents that I am going to visit the sisters again. I might just have to define this as a "treat" trip for myself.
[/quote]

That's great! Yay for visits! I've been thinking about calling her, haven't done it though.

Many prayers for you both!

• 3 weeks later...
HopefulBride

Thought I'd bump this thread.

OK so that new "thing" I was telling y'all about? well I just kicked it into gear as of 10 minutes ago. Please pray that the Lord gives the readers open, receptive and generous hearts.

Other than that how have you ladies been doing?

MessorCarus

That's wonderful HB! You are definitely in my prayers. And I got your text too a little bit ago.

My meeting with my friend went well. Unfortunately, she is really busy right now and can't meet with me but she did offer a couple of recommendations for other people I could be "friends" with.

I met with my SD not too long ago and he continues to be very encouraging. I think he may want me to go visit again, so he told me I needed to get on it with making "friends" and such. He's such a gift.

That's pretty much it for me right now.

So many prayers for both of you during this Holy Week.

MargaretTeresa

Y'all smell of elderberries. Or something. Or I'm just too nosy. Because I am. Hazards of being a journo.

TheresaThoma

HB prayers for you!!
I'm working on my schedule so that I can graduate ASAP. I keep going back and forth on how/when/if I should contact the sisters given everything that has gone on. I still totally miss them though.