An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Whosoevers: Murder Your Flesh

Laudate_Dominum

I think they have to be anti-catholic to be a serious Jesus follower among their Jesus follower peers. Just like a liberal has to be a vegetarian to be a serious liberal among their liberal peers...or is it progressive these days.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1328710111' post='2383630']
Ah, I'll give you that.

If they weren't so willfully ignorant about Catholics and such, I might be able to give them the benefit of the doubt (and if they stopped spamming Marcos' page with "ZOMG SONNY IS TEH ONLEH KRISTIAN MEMBER OV P.O.D. U SMOKE HOOKAH DATS LIEK MARYWANA RITE? LOL" I'd be happy too).

It's kinda like Hillsong. They are "wrong" but they aren't, as far as I have found, anti-Catholic; In fact, I've read that they give to and support Catholic charities. So there's really no reason for me to speak out against them (yet...). With Hillsong you might have more of a chance to do what the above Scripture says, but the whosos are too arrogant and prideful.
[/quote]I get you. And yes, it is infuriating when people won't accept the correction. I know I'm rather stubborn and prideful at times, too, though. I don't know. Right now, my main frustration is with family when we have these conversations. Sigh. Prayers are appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors - not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.  For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.  Romans 8:12-13

Put to death...is to mortify...to mortify is to murder

Funny how you all want to correct others but yet refuse correction yourselves...have you considered that you just might be the ones who are wrong about your opinion? You might be the ones who are unwilling to see the truth in the matter? Of course...not...arrogance and pride runs through all of our veins and that just might be what keeps any of you to see this movement for what it truly is...OF GOD!

I've been praying hard for you guys and will continue to ask God to soften the hearts of those of you who are too proud and too arrogant to see beyond your opinion...I ask you to do the same for me...grace and peace unto you all!

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:27

And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Galatians 5:24

Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
    But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Colossians 3:5-8

You see it's all biblical...we go by what the bible teaches...though we use words that may not be pleasing to the flesh...our acts of obedience to God are pleasing to our souls!

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. Matthew 16:24-25

Therefore we murder our flesh...and follow Jesus

Edited by Louie

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1329675253' post='2389402']

Funny how you all want to correct others but yet refuse correction yourselves...have you considered that you just might be the ones who are wrong about your opinion? You might be the ones who are unwilling to see the truth in the matter? Of course...not...arrogance and pride runs through all of our veins and that just might be what keeps any of you to see this movement for what it truly is...OF GOD!

I've been praying hard for you guys and will continue to ask God to soften the hearts of those of you who are too proud and too arrogant to see beyond your opinion...I ask you to do the same for me...grace and peace unto you all!
[/quote]I don't know about others here, but truly examining my beliefs and finally looking to see if I was wrong is how I came into the Church. I still like to examine my beliefs and learn more.

Thank you for your prayers. You also have mine.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1329680132' post='2389466']
I don't know about others here, but truly examining my beliefs and finally looking to see if I was wrong is how I came into the Church. I still like to examine my beliefs and learn more.

Thank you for your prayers. You also have mine.
[/quote]
ditto

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1329676154' post='2389413']
But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:27

And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Galatians 5:24

Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Colossians 3:5-8

You see it's all biblical...we go by what the bible teaches...though we use words that may not be pleasing to the flesh...our acts of obedience to God are pleasing to our souls!

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. Matthew 16:24-25

Therefore we murder our flesh...and follow Jesus
[/quote]

Hi Louie. I see you like the Bible. Do you read the new Testament often?

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1329849031' post='2390691']

Hi Louie. I see you like the Bible. Do you read the new Testament often?
[/quote]

Yes. Everyday I read a chapter from both the old and new testament. You've asked this before. You said the same thing...I see you like the bible. What's your point?

Do you read the bible?

By the way if you are saying in your previous that I have ignored any of your questions...which of the very many questions that I might have missed? As I stated before, your questions are not honest but are tests in which you are trying to trap me with. Why not just say what you are trying to get at rather than asking question after question...it gets old after awhile

Edited by Louie

[quote]As I stated before, your questions are not honest but are tests in which you are trying to trap me with.[/quote]

[img] http://www.chinahearsay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/conspiracy.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1330039054' post='2391911']

[img] http://www.chinahearsay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/conspiracy.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

No conspiracy just the truth...what kind of question is..."do you read the new testament?"...the answer is obvious...I have answered this before...there is a reason for his question and his reason is not an honest one...one in which he seeks to know whether or not I read the new testament...I would rather have him be honest and not play the part...it takes time to answer questions that have no end.