An Old School Catholic Message Board

What The Hell Is The Matter With The U.s.c.c.b. ?

Ed Normile

Christa - can you explain why you think contraception is a health issue? Is it unhealthy to be pregnant? And if you want contraception to be free, then you have a choice ... planned parenthood provides free condoms. Why would we want Catholics to fund something that goes against core beliefs? And as far a men not understanding women's reproductive rights, how does that take precedent over the actual life they are fighting for? No one is taking anyone's freedom to choose, just our right not to fund it.

RezaMikhaeil

Well actually weather catholic hospitals fund it under an insurance policy is the small fish. The larger fish is the economic problems that it carries for all insurance providers. Here is Peter Schiff giving a good explaination of it:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U73xKgbXh68"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U73xKgbXh68[/url]

[quote name='Christa' timestamp='1331797647' post='2401015']
They are bunch of mostly European-American single, and supposedly celibate men who do not understand that much of what ails women, is inside their rather complex reproductive systems. They would rather nobody have insurance, than all of us having insurance. And, that my fellow Catholics is a SIN.
[/quote]Wow! I'm an ex-Catholic, but come on. The Church doesn't disallow hormone treatments, hysterectomies, or treatments for 'what ails women inside their rather cmplex reproductive systems."
It's about insurance coverage for CONTRACEPTIVES. Period (and not excluding treatment for aforesaid).
1- Contraceptive costs are not that expensive and there are a number of agencies and organizations that provide such at reduced cost or free.
2- Nothing is excluding a women from seeing the Dr and getting prescribed various treatments under the insurance plans that exclude contraceptives.
3- This issue is a political ploy about Big Government gathering and implementing power over the citizen class (you and I). It's misinformation and hysteria (pun intended) that have people claiming the Church or Government are all up in the woman's business.

They are bunch of mostly European-American single, and supposedly celibate men who do not understand that much of what ails women, is inside their rather complex reproductive systems. They would rather nobody have insurance, than all of us having insurance. And, that my fellow Catholics is a SIN.
[/quote]
If you understood the slightest thing about the nature of modern health "insurance", you would realize that elimination of the system altogether would be a good thing for healthcare costs.

Apart from that, not supporting coercive government programs in the name of employer provided health insurance (a benefit that reduces a worker's paycheck) is not remotely sinful.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1331815456' post='2401058']
It's misinformation and hysteria (pun intended) that have people claiming the Church or Government are all up in the woman's business.
[/quote]

lol i c what u did dere

[/quote]

:doh:

Vincent Vega

[/quote]
Just to check, is every post of yours going to be about how old white guys could never understand why abortion is okay?
Just wondering..

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1331815456' post='2401058']
Wow! I'm an ex-Catholic, but come on. The Church doesn't disallow hormone treatments, hysterectomies, or treatments for 'what ails women inside their rather cmplex reproductive systems."
It's about insurance coverage for CONTRACEPTIVES. Period (and not excluding treatment for aforesaid).
1- Contraceptive costs are not that expensive and there are a number of agencies and organizations that provide such at reduced cost or free.
2- Nothing is excluding a women from seeing the Dr and getting prescribed various treatments under the insurance plans that exclude contraceptives.
3- This issue is a political ploy about Big Government gathering and implementing power over the citizen class (you and I). It's misinformation and hysteria (pun intended) that have people claiming the Church or Government are all up in the woman's business.
[/quote]I'd prop if I could

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1331826639' post='2401111']
I'd prop if I could
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1331826968' post='2401113']
me too.
[/quote]I only just learned what Phishy meant.

I'd just spend the props and beer and wickedness. I'm razzle dazzle with Phishy.

Edited by Anomaly

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1331827408' post='2401122']
I only just learned what Phishy meant. If you really wanted to 'prop' me, change me to non-catholic.
[/quote]

now i've gotta go prop all your posts that i've been wanting to. :)

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1331828624' post='2401141']
now i've gotta go prop all your posts that i've been wanting to. :)
[/quote]

Agreed :)