An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Lady Of The Rock Benedictine Monastery

AccountDeleted

BarbTherese

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1332671300' post='2407802']
Now I am on the other side of the world, I am a little behind you. Tomorrow is Sunday for me (or today since it is after midnight) and hopefully the day will be a little more peaceful than yesterday, but we will all be spending it fairly quietly. Thank you for your good wishes for me on Monday.
[/quote]

Thank you for taking time for the update, nunsense. I forget about these differing time zones. Hence, my Tuesday will be your Monday and the big day - and I will be keeping this in mind on my Tuesday. You are permanently in my special intentions and since a contemplative community prays for my special intentions daily, far far better than I shall be praying for you. I am so hoping and prayerfully that OLR will prove to be THE PLACE and that we will be able to follow you in your journey and not only in prayer. You have had a truly amazing journey to date that has asked absolute Faith, trust and confidence in The Lord and despite much pain I am sure, you have met all the challenges as they came along trusting in God and His Grace. This has given light to what seems to me to have been at times a very dark path for you. What a wonderful witness to, and example of, God's Grace you are - and most especially (but not only) to those discerning religious life.

I hope your Sunday tomorrow will be a quiet one and all you hope and need it to be.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

maximillion

Thinking of you today and prayers for tomorrow and onwards. May He bless you and yours..............

regina_coeli

Hope that someday you will be web mistress, and update often about Benedictine life. Until then, dear Nunsense, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Mary's Margaret

Well, Nunsense, tomorrow you enter OLR, and with you go all our prayers. Like others, I hope we can hear from time to time how you're doing. i know you will be greatly blessed. Please pray for us.

AccountDeleted

Sorry I haven't responded to everyone but I do appreciate all the good wishes and prayers. It is late again so I am signing off and will be back online in a week. Early rising tomorrow for my flight, and I still have to repack my bags. Be assured that my prayers are also with all of you.

DevotedtoHim

Wow. I am catching up on a lot. This looks like a gorgeous place. I hope you find exactly what you need there, Nunsense. Good luck!

And God bless you.

AccountDeleted

Thank you again everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I have been here one week now and am so at peace and so happy I don't really have words to describe it. I have been staying in the guest house this past week and there have been many wonderful people coming through but today I moved into a room above the chaplain's quarters because the nuns want me to have more solitude and privacy right now. There is no permanent chaplain yet but we do have one coming for Holy Week from Wednesday through Sunday and he will be discerning whether he wants to come back and live here for a year. That would be so wonderful for the nuns as they have been without a resident priest for awhile now. The priest who is coming is considering a more contemplative life so this week will be a chance for him to see if he likes it enough to commit for a year. Please pray that he does so!

The Office has been so beautiful and of course very complicated right now as well, and I am told it gets even more so as Holy Week progresses. I simply love the Latin Office and Gregorian chant so much. One of the recent guests is an Oblate who knows the chant very well and she helped the land program intern and myself rehearse some of the chants and hymns.

This Wednesday we have a lot more guests coming, as many of the Oblates want to be here for Holy Week and Easter. I am glad I won't be living in the guest house with them (too much activity for me) but it will be nice to meet them all the same.

I must get off to bed now but just wanted to touch base with everyone. I will write more after Easter and also post some photos. Have a very blessed Holy Week and Easter everyone. :)

Edited by nunsense

BarbTherese

Wonderful news, nunsense - and looking forward to your next post with pics. Sounds like a busy time all in all with the prepartion for Holy Week and Easter and that some privacy and peace out of a rather busy guest house will be welcome. Will keep it in prayer that Father stays for the year - keep us all in yours............God bless and a very blessed Holy Week and Easter to you and all the sisters at OLR. Are you still in some sort of discernment, and if so for how long before postulancy? I am not au fait with these modern ways of entering monastic life :unsure: - Barb

[quote name='BarbaraTherese' timestamp='1333358619' post='2411759']
Are you still in some sort of discernment, and if so for how long before postulancy? I am not au fait with these modern ways of entering monastic life :unsure: - Barb
[/quote]

Since she won't be on till next week - I believe the procedure is to live in guest quarters for a couple of months and then move inside the enclosure to start postulancy.

[i]I'm so happy to hear that you are settling in your new home.................my prayers for your discernment . :pray: [/i]

BarbTherese

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1333359217' post='2411760']
Since she won't be on till next week - I believe the procedure is to live in guest quarters for a couple of months and then move inside the enclosure to start postulancy.
[/quote]

Thank you

Why do I always have this horrible sense of loss whenever someone enters? I had it with Faith and Aya Sophia as well. Happy because they're going off to do what they love most, and because nuns are great generally. But sort of sad and like I've lost something very precious.