Sign in to follow this  
nunsense

Our Lady Of The Rock Benedictine Monastery

nunsense
Barb - writing is very therapeutic so I hope you do start writing your stories, fictionalized or not. I think writing has kept me sane over the years! If I can be called sane, that is :P

nunsense
I finally got around to posting Part 2 of the Discernment blog. For some reason the daily blog about the monastery seems to be easier to write than the weekly one about discernment, perhaps because the second one goes a bit deeper than just the things I did today and the photos but deals more with my feelings.

Our Prioress left today to go to Regina Laudis Abbey to celebrate her Golden Jubilee (for the second time) with the Abbess there. They both entered at the same time and the feast of St Scholastica was the anniversary, but the Abbess at RL wanted to make it easier for those guests who wanted to come, so she postponed her actual ceremony until the weather got a bit better, and she invited our Prioress to share her celebration with her as well. We all felt the loss of our Prioress at Terce and the Communion Service this morning. She did come to Lauds before she left, but she almost sneaked out without anyone seeing her. As we left the chapel after Communion, we saw her (and the nun who was taking her to the airport) driving away. We ran out and waved goodbye. She had said her goodbyes inside and didn't want to make a big deal out of it but we still had to wave and shout out anyway. Even the loss of one member of the community is hard and we currently have one nun in the hospital and now Mother Prioress has gone away so that leaves five nuns to do everything. We are blessed in having very good interns though, who do so much work, and both of them attend the Office as well, so that helps. I wish I could help out more but I am sort of in the no-man's land (or should that be no-woman's land?) of not being either an intern or a nun. I do have chores and I have my own income work and of course, I attend the Office, but I still wish I could take on more to help them when they are so short-handed. I have to trust in God though, that He knows their needs and will take care of everyone. I ask for prayers for the nuns, safe travel for Mother Prioress, a return to health for Mother F and grace for everyone to do what is necessary at this time for the community. Please pray also for our interns as one is leaving in just over a week and there is another new one arriving soon, so the two new ones will need God's help as they settle into their life and work here for the next year.

Thank you and know that I remember you all in my prayers too.

BarbaraTherese
If anyone has not caught up with nunsense's blogs "Monastery Musing" (about OLR and her current entrance there) and "At Any Age" (story of her very person journeys in religious life) - do yourself a really big favour and catch up with them. One can register one's email and every entry with pics can be read in your email inbox. The links are in nunsense's signature. She has a real eye for detail and insight into her own selfhood and writes beautifully with a very easy flow of words.

Nunsense, if you read this, I haven't given thought really too to writing 'fictional fact' drawn also from my own journey. I have been assured that it would be most theraputic for me (and thank you for further encouragement), but I get the internal jitters even thinking about writing even fictional fact. Once I get through that block, when and if I do, I will start to write. Time really isn't on my side just now either.
I am a prolific writer, mainly in my diaries, and..........nunsense me luv..............it didn't keep me sane, I can assure you fer sure! LOL